need help deciding if I should purchase dcm timeframe 600 speakers.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys a pair of dcm timeframe 600's just went up for sale for $85 on Craigslist. I already own a pair there sitting in my closet right now.

I have no use for them as of yet but just can't bear to let them go I love and always have loved there sound.

I'm wanting a more full range speaker for surrounds. 4 of these would work wonderfully for my needs easily can handle up to 250 watts extend deep not crazy deep but down to 35hz I believe.

It will be a while till I can upgrade my 3 SVS prime towers to ultra's and move the primes to the back for surrounds and rear surrounds.

For $85 bucks for 2 more tf600's if there in good shape the four of these would play very very nicely with my primes till I'm able to upgrade.

This is a stupid post I guess I'm just wanting reassurance to go after these. You see the TF 600's are just sitting in my closet because I just can't bear to let them go. This way I could have a use for them and enjoy them a little longer.

Help a stupid guy out fellas tell him what he wants douh!!! Er what I mean I need to hear! ;) Thanks guys

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hey guys a pair of dcm timeframe 600's just went up for sale for $85 on Craigslist. I already own a pair there sitting in my closet right now.

I have no use for them as of yet but just can't bear to let them go I love and always have loved there sound.

I'm wanting a more full range speaker for surrounds. 4 of these would work wonderfully for my needs easily can handle up to 250 watts extend deep not crazy deep but down to 35hz I believe.

It will be a while till I can upgrade my 3 SVS prime towers to ultra's and move the primes to the back for surrounds and rear surrounds.

For $85 bucks for 2 more tf600's if there in good shape the four of these would play very very nicely with my primes till I'm able to upgrade.

This is a stupid post I guess I'm just wanting reassurance to go after these. You see the TF 600's are just sitting in my closet because I just can't bear to let them go. This way I could have a use for them and enjoy them a little longer.

Help a stupid guy out fellas tell him what he wants douh!!! Er what I mean I need to hear! ;) Thanks guys
I wouldn't bother. If you are angling for a Atmos type system eventually, you will want the surrounds to be as much like the front stage speakers as possible. However, if you don't care about the surround soundstage as much, that may be a good deal. An ideal speaker for surrounds in an Atmos system would be something like JBL SCS-8s, but that would need a similar front stage speaker too.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I wouldn't bother. If you are angling for a Atmos type system eventually, you will want the surrounds to be as much like the front stage speakers as possible. However, if you don't care about the surround soundstage as much, that may be a good deal. An ideal speaker for surrounds in an Atmos system would be something like JBL SCS-8s, but that would need a similar front stage speaker too.
Cool thanks Shady!!! I secretly was hoping someone would talk me out of this :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis