Need help choosing the best ANC or passive noise canceling ear/headphones for mowing

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I know nothing about different types of headphones or earphones and would like anyone who has had a good experience with a good set for mowing. The only ones I’ve tried are the 3m worktunes over ear muffs with built in radio. They do little to drown out the droaning sounds from the mower deck and do not get loud enough to hear my music. I’m hoping with all the new technology that someone has found a solution to my problem .

G

genewiseman

Audiophyte
This is very late but I use Bose QC 35's when I mow and have even used them while running a chainsaw. They are great at noise cancellation.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I ended up getting the H-POW H-9 ANC wireless headphones for $30 on Amazon. I’ve been using them for about 6 months and I’m so happy with their sound and noise cancellation for $30. I don’t need much volume (SPL) to hear my music because the ANC works good.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
* Also very late, but the thread was bumped, so, just in case... *

People on this site are great for finding the best value, and less expensive options for folks.

I only start with that because my recommendations are neither, but I use them both for mowing. And both were top ranked and as such more expensive. But they are both also last year models so bargain shopping applies..!

For ear buds I use Jabra Elite 75t Actives. These drown out almost all noise from the mower, and if listening at any decent volume, you won't notice the rumble around you. They also just came out with a Firmware upgrade for ANC that I haven't fully tested, (I'm in MI and my mower is in winter mode now) but I expect it will work even better.

For over ear, it's hard to beat my Sony Wh-1000XM3s. With the ANC on I truly heard nothing but music, even at lower volumes.

I'd recommend either option depending on your style preference and cost. I think the Jabra buds are down to about $150-$169 maybe, and the Sony over ear, were just on sale recently and should be again for under $200 also.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis