Need help choosing an amp with integrated DAC and hdmi/usb inputs

Des Esseintes

Des Esseintes

Audiophyte
Hi,

I'm trying to decide on which amp I should go with. I will be using it for both music and movies, but since I only watch movies in mono or stereo and will not be needing a 5.1/7.1 system, I decided to go with a hi-fi amp rather than a home cinema one. I have a projector and the source for my movies will be my uhd player (two hdmi outputs, one of which is audio only, as well as a coaxial output), while the music comes from my computer (so I will connect it in usb). Those are four amps with usb/hdmi inputs and an integrated DAC that are easily available where I live:

Marantz Model 60n
NAD C3050
Yamaha R-N1000A

Advance Paris A10

I have two questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that I could connect my uhd player to both the amp and the projector using both hdmi outputs (one for the sound, one for the image) and that the hdmi (arc) inputs of those amps would then transfer the sound to the speakers? Or is it not how it is done?

2. Would you recommend one of those amps, or another amp not on this list, over the others, and if so why?

Des Esseintes

Des Esseintes

Audiophyte
In case it makes a difference, I tend to listen to classical music in the broadest sense of the word (so renaissance to the 20th century, solo instruments, chamber music, orchestral music, vocals, old and new recordings) and then jazz/rock/blues/country but in that case mostly recordings from the 50's/60's/70's.

My room is 6.5mX4m (so 25.5m2).

For the speakers, I was considering the Focal Vestia 2 or 3 or 4 (not sure which and how different they are), but I'm open to any suggestion.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis