Need Advice on Upgrade Path

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I like the idea of the AVM70. Are there other considerations or options near that price point? - Steven Towne
In my opinion, at the price point (even with 15% off) of the AVM90, the AV10 is a better value, more useful features and better REQ/RC.

At the price point of the AVM70, with 15% off, there are no better value, but be aware that ARCG is fine if you are prepared to tweak, and know how.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One more factor to add to this mix that I just found out. The Anthem AVM90 goes on sale Monday 11/20 at my dealer for 15% off. Making it $6374.15. The AVM70 is also 15% off at $3395.75. With the improvements internally on the 90 componentry, layout, and made in Canada I am thinking it may be the way to go. Probably an early Black Friday present for myself.

I think due to the age of my T758V3, it may have some effects of component choices and normal component aging. This model was not really known for it's longevity and the problems I have stated seem commonplace in searching blogs.
$3K seems a lot better than $6K.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If money isn't a concern, then it doesn't really matter! :)

Hopefully OP can return if he still has the distortion.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
One more factor to add to this mix that I just found out. The Anthem AVM90 goes on sale Monday 11/20 at my dealer for 15% off. Making it $6374.15. The AVM70 is also 15% off at $3395.75. With the improvements internally on the 90 componentry, layout, and made in Canada I am thinking it may be the way to go. Probably an early Black Friday present for myself.

I think due to the age of my T758V3, it may have some effects of component choices and normal component aging. This model was not really known for it's longevity and the problems I have stated seem commonplace in searching blogs.
This is the problem with shotgun diagnosis. The system clearly has a fault. With the money involved I advise against guessing. I do suspect the NAD, but I can be far form certain. This explains why I keep a couple of shelves full of test gear. Shotgun diagnosis at long range is fraught with probable error.

I am not over keen on Anthem gear. Given its relatively poor market penetration we have had an excess number of posts about failures of their gear over the years, so I do not usually recommend it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
This is the problem with shotgun diagnosis. The system clearly has a fault. With the money involved I advise against guessing. I do suspect the NAD, but I can be far form certain. This explains why I keep a couple of shelves full of test gear. Shotgun diagnosis at long range is fraught with probable error.

I am not over keen on Anthem gear. Given its relatively poor market penetration we have had an excess number of posts about failures of their gear over the years, so I do not usually recommend it.
I wouldn't be keen on their AVR/AVP either at launch time, but those made in late 2022 should be virtually bug free enough for me to still recommend them, for those who are prepared to tweak ARC Genesis if they intend to use the feature.

S

steven.towne

Audiophyte
Just posting a follow up to all my fellow audiophiles and home theaterphiles. I went for the AVM90. I had to order it and wait a bit. It came earlier this week. I intend to run ARC genesis this upcoming weekend. The one thing I can relay so far is a simple wow! I want to re-watch and re-listen to everything. This piece is amazing. The clarity, detail, cleanness, video improvements, everything. This is in a whole new world compared to the NAD. Very happy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I wouldn't be keen on their AVR/AVP either at launch time, but those made in late 2022 should be virtually bug free enough for me to still recommend them, for those who are prepared to tweak ARC Genesis if they intend to use the feature.
That and while Anthem customer support is not perfect, you don't have to go through multiple layers of Marantz customer/service support to get help. At least based on my expereince

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis