need advice! LG c2 oled or mini led qned85???

Slater

Slater

Junior Audioholic
I always have a hard time spending my money, indecisive....
I bought a lg oled c7 back in 2017.
Inprocess of dealing with LG as have burn-in & completely lost function of wifi module.
Theyre offering me free parts, I pay for labor which im assuming will be atleast $400 for a wifi module & a panel.
Dont think it would be the best idea to throw any $$$ at this....
Doing my dd, & seems like opinions are all over the place.
some say a mini-led will maintain its performance / brightness longer than an oled....
some say that the burn-in issue has been resolved compared to the lg c7....
For the most part ive been happy with the c7 image overall but probably wouldnt notice a difference between mini led & oled once tv is in the house & not comparing side by side....
Im not the type of guy that has to have the latest & greatest but understand in todays world these electronics dont last forever....
Sounds like lg will give me options, help with repair or help with replacement "discount".... if I opt for another LG tv.
I may actually go up in size, from 65" to 75"....

What would you guys do? thought? insight? thank you....
any other brands at this pricepoint, better?
Im looking at the lg c2 oled or lg qned85 mini led.
Im not overly techy......
I know theres a huge debate what is better, oled vs mini led, bright lighting isnt an issue in my scenario....
Just have no idea what to do!!!

www.lg.com

LG 65 Inch Class QNED85 UQA series MiniLED 4K UHD Smart webOS 22 w/ ThinQ AI TV (65QNED85UQA) | LG USA
Shop LG 65QNED85UQA on the official LG.com website for the most up to date information. Buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up.
www.lg.com
www.lg.com

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
In a bright room, I would go mini-led vs. the C2. That being said I would not be partial to LG Mini-LED would look at other options by Samsung or Sony.

Slater

Slater

Junior Audioholic
In a bright room, I would go mini-led vs. the C2. That being said I would not be partial to LG Mini-LED would look at other options by Samsung or Sony.
Not worried about brightness, like stated ive already had a c7 oled w/o issue.
room isnt bright at all, all windows & patio slider have window coverings....

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
I'd stick to oled for the best picture quality possible

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
C2. But, C3 and G3 improve on just about everything that came before them from the C1, G1, C2 and G2.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Burn in certainly hasn't gone away. Not sure what you were watching before that generated burn-in, but it's possible that it may occur on any OLED display. They've gotten quite good at keeping it to a minimum, but it is something to be aware of and rotating your content regularly is important.

If that's not something you want to deal with, then get a LCD instead. I would also look towards Samsung or Sony for LCD displays as they tend to be a bit more reliable and Samsung often gets best product accolades for their LCD models.

I would bet that you really should get an 85" television. There are some decent mid-line models for under $2,000 these days.

This is worth a view...

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Burn in certainly hasn't gone away. Not sure what you were watching before that generated burn-in, but it's possible that it may occur on any OLED display. They've gotten quite good at keeping it to a minimum, but it is something to be aware of and rotating your content regularly is important.

If that's not something you want to deal with, then get a LCD instead. I would also look towards Samsung or Sony for LCD displays as they tend to be a bit more reliable and Samsung often gets best product accolades for their LCD models.

I would bet that you really should get an 85" television. There are some decent mid-line models for under $2,000 these days.

This is worth a view...
Can someone please explain, what is the deal with this guy always wearing gloves?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I recently watched a video where they are testing burn in over several months. The QLED seem to suffer from it more than WOLED. QLED uses RGB elements while WOLED adds a white element to the RGB, which appears to reduce burn in with white static elements.

The local Costco has loads of QLED sets with good pricing. Half the price of OLEDs. If you don't game or watch a lot of sports or news with static elements they can offer good value. Size seems to be larger too. Lots of people picking up 65" sets and the isles were full of them. A lot of 75" models too.

The LG C2 still has one of the best pictures. The Sony XBR looked great too. The C2 does not get discounted here though. They are C$2500 wherever I look for the 65". I'm hoping the price will drop once the C3 hits the shelves. 75" would be nice but the C2 jumps to C$4000 here which is beyond my budget as a 4k TV will warrant an AVR upgrade as well.

Slater

Slater

Junior Audioholic
thanks for the info guys! think im going to push for the c2 77" over the repair.....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Amazon.com has the 55" and 65" LG C2 discounted almost 40% as the C3 will arrive soon. I have not seen those discounts on Amazon.ca yet but hopefully they'll do the same up here.

Slater

Slater

Junior Audioholic
Amazon.com has the 55" and 65" LG C2 discounted almost 40% as the C3 will arrive soon. I have not seen those discounts on Amazon.ca yet but hopefully they'll do the same up here.
Went to my local bestbuy & discussed if they forsee any upcoming sales since new releases are around the corner but theyre crystal ball wasnt working...
Im thinking the 77" which is the main reason of replace over repair.....
My luck, there isnt going to be a price-drop on the 77".....

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It is usually the same but Costco often has offers attached to sweeten the pot. My C1 had an extended warranty and $100 credit for certain services. The warranty is actually a purchase that is immediately refunded on the receipt. I used the $100 credit at the Microsoft store for game pass and games. The C2 price at Costco should drop two or three hundred dollars when the C3 rolls in there.

Costco will also refund the difference of a lower price adjustment for thirty days. But, no telling if that price will drop within thirty days.

Last edited:
Slater

Slater

Junior Audioholic
bestbuy also does price match / adjustment after purchase for 60 days....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, and a Bestbuy Rewards Account purchase would get you points worth between forty or fifty bucks depending on any sale price of the C2. Sometimes devices have free streaming service offers attached to them but I don't see any currently attached to the C2.

For those with no need for HDMI 2.1 features, specifically 4K@120Hz gaming, the A2 can be had for far less money than the C2.

For those that want it all and a bit of future proofing, wait for the C3. The C3 and G3 models bring back 48Gbps HDMI bandwidth and DTS support and have an ATSC3.0 tuner.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
They had a C3 in 77in at Costco yesterday but it didn’t seem like it was much different from the C2 they also still had on display. Both are out of my price range currently though.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
After further investigation, I found the C3 does NOT have an ATSC3.0 tuner and is not exactly future proof. For the best feature set and the new MLA tech, the G3 is the way to go but it doesn’t come cheap.

Slater

Slater

Junior Audioholic
yeah, the g3 is substantially more cost-wise & the bestbuy guys dont feel the viewing experience would be much different than the c2.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis