NBA Teams boycotting tonight's playoff games.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Perhaps you could take some inspiration @shadyJ on how to collect brown boxes, like in his "The dumbest post ever" competition :p

Though, I agree with you, that some brown boxes are much more worth than others, but that is not seen in the statistics. Perhaps there should be an option to mark received brown boxes :)
No, Trell, whether its a negative or not doesn't matter. Whether it was because I'm not a racist piece of sh!t, or because I don't think a human should be shot in the back 7 times by Police, or simply that I think athletes have the right to protest social injustice... It still doesn't matter.

What matters is the following:
One Mr Magoo did verily say, as quoted above in Post 7:
MR.MAGOO said: So what. All those knee-takers can all go to hell.
And in Post 10:
Yes, Trump has shown who the racists are; Black Lives Matter / Antifa, and the democrat party as a whole.
I have never dropped a box on anyone, even those clearly so deserving as he. I choose to rise above and encourage unity rather than divisiveness. It's a shame humanity in general seems to be unable to live up to our potential possibilities.

He can waste time and energy spouting cr@p all he wants. If his MAGA panties are so knotted up they're chaffing his anus, that's his own problem. o_O:oops::p
1598562591195.png

Peace. I'm out.

But not before dropping one more little gem. :D
A quote, most eloquently written, and perfect for this occasion. Thank you Mr. Vonnegut.

:cool:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I applaud your attempt at decency. I was not able to rise above it and took the bait. However I will not delete my posts and stand behind my comments and ratings.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I applaud your attempt at decency. I was not able to rise above it and took the bait. However I will not delete my posts and stand behind my comments and ratings.
All good, amico. ;) There's no shame in your approach either, nor would I want you to edit emotions so rightly earned by our "friend."

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Maybe. That's it. It might help the overarching issues, but it will at least help in getting people to notice that more and more folks are done with this nonsense.

All we know is that it might help, and it might not. They're doing something they think will bring light to the situation.
I think one of the best things Police departments can do is start doing mental health checkups at regular intervals after the first, third and fifth years on the force and after any traumatic incident- it seems that they don't do that now and we're seeing the results. I'm not sure that athletes have the clout they once did, so this is likely going to cost pro sports in the long run- they need to put butts in seats and get people to watch them on TV, which is becoming more difficult and expensive as time goes on.

highfigh

highfigh

I think Trump can be credited by inspiring this level of commitment to BLM. If he had left kneeling for the anthem alone, it would have continued as a minor part of sports in the US. However, since he made suppression of a peaceful protest into such a huge part of his agenda, I believe this has caught the attention of many athletes who would have otherwise never been inspired to get involved!
As much as I don't like the man, I, personally, must thank Trump for the way he has raised my awareness of how casually money/power is used to suppress minorities ... and that there are so many who totally accept/defend him as non-racist makes apparent how badly systemic change is needed in our society.
It has been an education.:confused:

But ultimately, I believe this is a transition opportunity and see all of the protests and boycotts as an attempt to make certain that real, comprehensive change finally happens (after so many past commitments to change has left the system so unchanged!).
Whose money is doing this? Ten Billionaires including Gates, Musk and Bezos gained over $53 Billion in the week of August 22 (https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanponciano/2020/08/22/richest-billionaire-gainers-musk-bezos-gilbert/#602bed47f6fa). Is it the super-wealthy, the moderately wealthy, the wealthy...? Who's intentionally keeping minorities down?

If Trump truly hates minorities, why are Blacks, Hispanics and Asians moving toward him? Even Jacob Blake's mother said she respects Trump for his stand on violent crime- I don't think Don Lemon liked that.

If you think money/power suppresses minorities, look at the US cities with long-term Democrat run governments. Seriously- I'm not dumping on them as a political comment, I'm writing this as someone who has paid attention to this for a long time. The cities with the worst violence, rioting, urban decay, unemployment and crime have been run by Democrats for a long time. Maybe it's time to try something different- maybe bi-partisan leadership would help IF they set it up so that they select moderators for conflicts that would take too long to resolve, making it different from Congress and their deadlocks.

Something must be done in local government, to reverse the trends and it's also high time for changes at the national level- the hard Left and hard Right need to back off and let the middle work on some solutions.

highfigh

highfigh

Could care less about sports these days, but fully support that the athletes are refusing to shut-up and dribble!

Even if the police were justified in using lethal force, there is a line crossed somewhere between one shot and seven. There is a line crossed when a person is shot in the back.

That some/many Police Officers don't seem to get it, especially in the midst of the current outrage, is troubling and only reinforces the argument that deeper action is necessary. I support the job they do, and recognize the danger inherent in it. But this cannot be an excuse for violence against the citizenry.

This is not about whether the guy is a hardened criminal or not, has a rap sheet of misdemeanors or felonies, or anything else. It is about how the police comport themselves when confronting other humans.
It's all too easy to say "the guy had it coming." This attitude, however, is no longer acceptable. Frankly, it never should have been, regardless of the justifications used in the past.
I'm not sure why the cop needed to fire seven times, but this link shows that Blake was tazed and it didn't phase him. Blake was hit four times. The link at the bottom is about the cop- doesn't seem to be a world-class A-hole, either. Maybe it was just fear and confusion in the moment. Bottom line, Blake should have complied- I seriously doubt the officer would have pulled his gun if this hadn't turned violent. In fact, I doubt most of the last 12 killed by Police would be dead if they had just complied. I'm not saying they had it coming, though- my point is that, while being arrested is demeaning, let the process happen. If the Police become violent without guns, someone is likely to witness the event and in that case, sue the shyte out of the police. They'll eventually learn to be less violent and people who had nothing to do with the incidents won't lose their businesses, lives and cities won't be irreparably damaged.

The destruction shown in the link is unacceptable.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not sure why the cop needed to fire seven times, but this link shows that Blake was tazed and it didn't phase him. Blake was hit four times. The link at the bottom is about the cop- doesn't seem to be a world-class A-hole, either. Maybe it was just fear and confusion in the moment. Bottom line, Blake should have complied- I seriously doubt the officer would have pulled his gun if this hadn't turned violent. In fact, I doubt most of the last 12 killed by Police would be dead if they had just complied. I'm not saying they had it coming, though- my point is that, while being arrested is demeaning, let the process happen. If the Police become violent without guns, someone is likely to witness the event and in that case, sue the shyte out of the police. They'll eventually learn to be less violent and people who had nothing to do with the incidents won't lose their businesses, lives and cities won't be irreparably damaged.

The destruction shown in the link is unacceptable.

I mostly agree with you and what you say. I think you can tell from my post, I’m not saying the officer(s) involved were necessarily wrong... they just weren’t right, either.
I mentioned how the police comport themselves... and this is a two way street. The citizenry must also look at how they as individuals comport themselves in interactions with police.

At the end of all of this is the underlying message you finished with in post 25: the extremes of our social and political norms need to bring themselves more into the center and allow for proper solutions and more effective governance to occur. I’ve brought this very point up many time before. :)

Here’s hoping we can all find some sanity, and soon!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis