NBA Teams boycotting tonight's playoff games.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
WOW just wow. I have never seen anything like this in my time. This is not a couple of players taking a knee during the anthem. Lets see what happens with other team sports.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't usually care about pro sports generally, barely have noticed during covid what any of them are doing but do support this move....

Billy106

Billy106

Audioholic Intern
Good move and I agree somebody needs to stand up...thou playing in a bubble with no fannies in the seats plus most players have had their contact obligations met through the regular season....it will of course hit the networks bottom line and that in itself should raise some eyebrows!

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
I don't watch pro sports and haven't for years so I don't care.
But they certainly have a right to do what they are doing. The "business" owners also have the right to respond based on union contracts which also hold the workers responsible for violations of a contract.
Our country is in a state of extreme turmoil...We are living in "Interesting Times".

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
OK, so I have to ask- what do they think this will accomplish? Do they think cops will suddenly stop shooting people? Do they think people will suddenly start cooperating with the Police? Do they think the masses will suddenly begin to see Police shootings as bad? Do they think people aren't paying attention to what is happening in the US?

The same questions apply to rioting because when people are destroying cities, dialog stops.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
OK, so I have to ask- what do they think this will accomplish? Do they think cops will suddenly stop shooting people? Do they think people will suddenly start cooperating with the Police? Do they think the masses will suddenly begin to see Police shootings as bad? Do they think people aren't paying attention to what is happening in the US?

The same questions apply to rioting because when people are destroying cities, dialog stops.
Maybe. That's it. It might help the overarching issues, but it will at least help in getting people to notice that more and more folks are done with this nonsense.

All we know is that it might help, and it might not. They're doing something they think will bring light to the situation.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
WOW just wow. I have never seen anything like this in my time.
I think Trump can be credited by inspiring this level of commitment to BLM. If he had left kneeling for the anthem alone, it would have continued as a minor part of sports in the US. However, since he made suppression of a peaceful protest into such a huge part of his agenda, I believe this has caught the attention of many athletes who would have otherwise never been inspired to get involved!
As much as I don't like the man, I, personally, must thank Trump for the way he has raised my awareness of how casually money/power is used to suppress minorities ... and that there are so many who totally accept/defend him as non-racist makes apparent how badly systemic change is needed in our society.
It has been an education.:confused:

But ultimately, I believe this is a transition opportunity and see all of the protests and boycotts as an attempt to make certain that real, comprehensive change finally happens (after so many past commitments to change has left the system so unchanged!).

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think Trump can be credited by inspiring this level of commitment to BLM. If he had left kneeling for the anthem alone, it would have continued as a minor part of sports in the US. However, since he made suppression of a peaceful protest into such a huge part of his agenda, I believe this has caught the attention of many athletes who would have otherwise never been inspired to get involved!
As much as I don't like the man, I, personally, must thank Trump for the way he has raised my awareness of how casually money/power is used to suppress minorities ... and that there are so many who totally accept/defend him as non-racist makes apparent how badly systemic change is needed in our society.
It has been an education.:confused:

But ultimately, I believe this is a transition opportunity and see all of the protests and boycotts as an attempt to make certain that real, comprehensive change finally happens (after so many past commitments to change has left the system so unchanged!).
Yes, Trump has shown who the racists are; Black Lives Matter / Antifa, and the democrat party as a whole. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Could care less about sports these days, but fully support that the athletes are refusing to shut-up and dribble!

Even if the police were justified in using lethal force, there is a line crossed somewhere between one shot and seven. There is a line crossed when a person is shot in the back.

That some/many Police Officers don't seem to get it, especially in the midst of the current outrage, is troubling and only reinforces the argument that deeper action is necessary. I support the job they do, and recognize the danger inherent in it. But this cannot be an excuse for violence against the citizenry.

This is not about whether the guy is a hardened criminal or not, has a rap sheet of misdemeanors or felonies, or anything else. It is about how the police comport themselves when confronting other humans.
It's all too easy to say "the guy had it coming." This attitude, however, is no longer acceptable. Frankly, it never should have been, regardless of the justifications used in the past.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Woohoo! My first box! All for not supporting someone’s bullish!t racist agenda! Thanks, Magoo, I’ll wear that with pride!!!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Woohoo! My first box! All for not supporting someone’s bullish!t racist agenda! Thanks, Magoo, I’ll wear that with pride!!!
Perhaps you could take some inspiration @shadyJ on how to collect brown boxes, like in his "The dumbest post ever" competition :p

Though, I agree with you, that some brown boxes are much more worth than others, but that is not seen in the statistics. Perhaps there should be an option to mark received brown boxes :)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Wait a minute, the icon is a box? I've been calling it a *brick! Why didn't someone tell me? Oh, I've been making an idiot out of myself!
1598560610891.png

*as in "Dumb as a..."

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Yes, Trump has shown who the racists are; Black Lives Matter / Antifa, and the democrat party as a whole. ;)
Just like your moniker. Dumb and blind. You really need to get your head out of your a$$. But then again, maybe you like it up there.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Bet he has to look up moniker.

And I already quoted your racist post so it will stay even after you deleted it. And yes you will get a hostile reaction when you act like an a$$hole.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm a USAF veteran from the mid late 70s. At first I resented the kneeling at the anthem but later I did rethink it. I am proud that my service allows freedom of speech in our country. Besides that how many fans actually stand with their hands on their hearts? Probably not many. I know that as a kid I used it as a bathroom or concession break. Now how patriotic is that?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis