NAD vs AudioControl

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So you’re doing 9CH (5.1.4 or 7.1.2) ?

Just wait for the upcoming ATI ATP16 Pre-Pro, which I’m guessing is around $6K.

Then get the matching ATI AT524NC (200W x 4CH) + AT525NC (200W x 5CH).

I’m thinking total is probably around $11K.

If you’re doing 7.1.4, then get AT526NC + AT525NC Amps.

If you’re doing 9.1.4, then get AT528NC + AT525NC Amps. :D

Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
Is there anything roughly in the class class you like better? How’s Lyngdorf?
It's slim in this class. When B&K went out of business I have felt a huge loss. You got Rotel but they are always behind on technology. They sound really good and worth checking out. Also Arcam is in this class but they are basically like Audiocontrol. Same software and same clunky interface but sounds really good.
Anthem is rock solid stuff and sound really good but on the pricer side of things. Nice layout of the menu systems they they always seem to stay pretty current. ARC is a fantastic calibration system as they use it for their subwoofers as well.
They make great receivers.

Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
How so?

Reliability went down?

Customer Service went down?

Or they just stopped coming out with new products?
HDMI and Room correction basically Killed B&K. It's totally a shame as they where my favorite in this class.
ATI builds amps with B&K's name on it now. They are not the same company anymore. There is no preamps or receivers just amps now. I don't even know why they even did this.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
HDMI and Room correction basically Killed B&K. It's totally a shame as they where my favorite in this class.
ATI builds amps with B&K's name on it now. They are not the same company anymore. There is no preamps or receivers just amps now. I don't even know why they even did this.
They were always behind the curve with the preamps and avrs as far as new tech.(as were all boutique brands). I didnt mind the lack of RC as they included what I thought was the best built in available EQ in the REF series, if needed.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
B&K products are now marketed by a company in Canada...
They deliver some clever packaged Class D amplifiers, also a Class A-B built by ATi.
Here is a link..

http://www.bandkav.com

Just my $0.02... ;)

Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
They were always behind the curve with the preamps and avrs as far as new tech.(as were all boutique brands). I didnt mind the lack of RC as they included what I thought was the best built in available EQ in the REF series, if needed.
They where called Notch filters and I agree. I had some of the very best sounding Theater systems powered by B&K AVR's and separates. Man I wish they really came back. I would love nothing more then a brand new Atmos B&K preamp along with a Reference Multichannel amp or amps.

Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
B&K products are now marketed by a company in Canada...
They deliver some clever packaged Class D amplifiers, also a Class A-B built by ATi.
Here is a link..

http://www.bandkav.com

Just my $0.02... ;)
I know I talked to them a while ago with pure excitement that they where back. I was told they where not the same company as I went to up in Buffalo NY. They told me there where no preamp plans at all at that time only amps.

Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
LEGACY PRODUCTS
Although we share a name we are otherwise unaffiliated with the previous B&K. As such, we are unable to provide any support for legacy products. But here’s some places you may find help:
If you’re looking for parts, manuals, and/or schematics for older products please contact Amplifier Technologies at (323) 278-0001 or sales@ati-amp.com.
Some customers have also reported locating parts (especially remotes) at www.classicaudioparts.com.
Finally, if your unit needs service, please contact Steve at Stargate Electronics in Farmingdale, NY: (631) 465-0900 or stargate3103@hotmail.com.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I know I talked to them a while ago with pure excitement that they where back. I was told they where not the same company as I went to up in Buffalo NY. They told me there where no preamp plans at all at that time only amps.
Were!! Sorry, couldn't take it any more....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis