NAD 2200 connections

A

Atrane

Audiophyte
hello , i was donated a NAD 2200 & NAD 7175 receiver. plus a pair of ADS 100 watt @8 ohms. i'm trying to use the 7175 as the preamp ( for eq's) & the 2200 for the amp .... i know i have to use the Preout from the 7175 and connect to the amp. does anybody know the proper way to connect these speakers. ? i want to hear speakers in stereo. thank you .

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
hello , i was donated a NAD 2200 & NAD 7175 receiver. plus a pair of ADS 100 watt @8 ohms. i'm trying to use the 7175 as the preamp ( for eq's) & the 2200 for the amp .... i know i have to use the Preout from the 7175 and connect to the amp. does anybody know the proper way to connect these speakers. ? i want to hear speakers in stereo. thank you .
Well that is not rocket science, you just need banana plugs connected to speaker wire, and connect each speaker wire to the respective speaker.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Connect the speakers to the NAD 2200 amp according to this simple diagram. Each speaker gets two connections as shown by the red and black lines, but you do not need separate wires running to each speaker. Usually, speaker wire consists of two wires connected only by their plastic insulation, known as zip cord.
1619986773074.png

Here is the back of the NAD 2200 amp. At the center bottom, there are two pairs of red & black speaker wire terminals. They're also marked by plus (+) and minus (–). R stands for Right speaker, and L stands for Left speaker.
1619986997266.png

The wires with RCA terminals you must use to connect the 7175 receiver to the 2200 amp are different than speaker wires. They can have bare wire terminals, or a number of different terminals, as shown below.
1619987183011.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW the little bit extra power from the 2200 is relatively meaningless. I'd just use the 7175.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis