N. Korea Suggests It Can Strike U.S. First

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
ZoFo said:
They DO NOT HAVE THE FIREPOWER TO WIPE OUT THE WORLD!
I can read my own post, so I know it's there. And I'm pretty sure it's in English. ZoFo, I hear what you're saying. Suffice it to say I will sleep better tonight knowing that you're not the one manning the doomsday helm. I remain confident that your skills and expertise are better spent elsewhere.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
ZoFo said:
The most N. Korea could do to use would be to hit a single American city on the West Coast, period.
Who needs LA anyhow?

I know, I know. You don't mean that you wouldn't miss them. Right?

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
ZoFo, Your arguments based on actual nuclear capabilities and their strategic importance will not win this argument. The fact that one of our Ohio class subs is capable of carrying 24 Trident II missiles each capable of carrying 12 multiple independent re-entry vehicles though SALT limits this to only 8 per missile. Each one these MIRVs are capable carrying a 100 kiloton payload, which in perspective is 2 times stronger than anything India has ever tested, 5 times stronger than the bomb dropped on Nagasaki, and 10 times stronger than anything Pakistan has tested. The fact that just one Ohio class sub is capable of carrying almost 1,400 times the atomic yield of that dropped on Nagasaki, or more than nine times the total allied ordnance dropped in the European theater in World War II means nothing. No country actually fears this kind of firepower…why, would they consider this before pushing the big red button?;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
nibhaz said:
ZoFo, Your arguments based on actual nuclear capabilities and their strategic importance will not win this argument. The fact that one of our Ohio class subs is capable of carrying 24 Trident II missiles each capable of carrying 12 multiple independent re-entry vehicles though SALT limits this to only 8 per missile. Each one these MIRVs are capable carrying a 100 kiloton payload, which in perspective is 2 times stronger than anything India has ever tested, 5 times stronger than the bomb dropped on Nagasaki, and 10 times stronger than anything Pakistan has tested. The fact that just one Ohio class sub is capable of carrying almost 1,400 times the atomic yield of that dropped on Nagasaki, or more than nine times the total allied ordnance dropped in the European theater in World War II means nothing. No country actually fears this kind of firepower…why, would they consider this before pushing the big red button?;)
Alcohol.... nuf said.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
My Scottish brother in plaid: I agree with your first point, and just because it's easy to convey regarding your second point. Cheers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis