New Multi-EQX app for Windows

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I just paid the $200 to use it with my x4300h. I’m curious if any of you other guys have had the time to dive into it yet. I’m going to do a full range and a 300hz limited range calibration as well as altering the target curves and exploring what new features can be implemented. I’ll post updates as the week goes on.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
92BB3E78-1A1B-4623-9407-DD2F79FD442E.jpeg

Right off the bat I can tell you that the measurement process does take a bit longer. However it does give you a full FR view of each channel per measurement position.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
105A0EC7-6670-4D1C-8832-E427B76A155A.jpeg

The sub level process is exponentially more precise although the end result remains the same.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
59159AA2-2820-476E-82A5-C8515C6D99C3.jpeg

Here we can actually enter in custom biquad filters which is new!

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
7DCF323E-2E57-410B-B1EB-D7BA110405B5.jpeg

Bass management settings are simple enough to work with. I’m going to run the full range correction for a day or two and than run a 300hz limited correction for the two days after that

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I noticed you can adjust the filters and target for both flat and reference. There seems to be a massive amount of possibilities here and it’s exponentially more user friendly than Rat Buddy. Although that program was very useful I’ve never been one to run full range Audyssey but we’ll see how things go over the next couple days

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well I think it's pretty awesome but way over my head. I hope you can figure it all out and get results though. I'm sure you can do wonders with it. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Curious what you mean by end result remains same....how are you determining that?
As in its trying to level match your subs to the level the program wants. It appears to be the same level both in the MultiEQ-X program as well as the Audyssey Multi EQ pro editor app. At least according to my UMIK-1 and REW.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As in its trying to level match your subs to the level the program wants. It appears to be the same level both in the MultiEQ-X program as well as the Audyssey Multi EQ pro editor app. At least according to my UMIK-1 and REW.
Ah, my bad thought you meant the final eq'd and measured results of the new calibration compared to old....

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
@Pandaman617 Can you post graphs of REW using X and just using the Editor app please? I believe X has to be used with the supplied mic while using REW most would use a quality mike which has me curious to your results. Having measurements of both measured results with REW is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
@Pandaman617 Can you post graphs of REW using X and just using the Editor app please? I believe X has to be used with the supplied mic while using REW most would use a quality mike which has me curious to your results. Having measurements of both measured results with REW is appreciated. Thanks
I plan on doing that this weekend once I have more time to dive into this program as well as comparing full range and 300hz limited range correction. And yes both Audyssey programs must use the Denon supplied mic while REW has numerous options. I wouldn’t consider my UMIK-1 or UMM-6 high end by ANY means but it’s clear they’re of considerable higher build quality than the Denon mic.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks for posting this. I've had the software for a couple of months, just no chance to test yet. Please try to enter the PEQ/FIR manual filters without running Audyssey to see if it will let you do that. I'm hopeful it will which would allow for quick manual calibration which would be awesome.

VoidX

VoidX

Audioholic Intern
Can you post graphs of REW using X and just using the Editor app please?
Not exactly that, but it broke a flat sub on default:
IMG-49ed6a4eb9cdba19882ef4cfe0d93a6e-V.jpg

Please try to enter the PEQ/FIR manual filters without running Audyssey to see if it will let you do that.
You can do that (for PEQ only, but I'm working on FIR replacement), but filters can only be set on channel pairs. If you modify the file manually (which requires GUIDs instead of channel names, so it's a very slow process), it's doable individually. Not sure if it gets correctly uploaded though. I checked, and a fair 10 filters/ch is not over the limit. Each filter requires opening a new tab which I don't like, and the graph is displayed on a completely different screen, it's not that friendly. I could make a per-channel manual editor in a few hours if you need that.

Last edited:
Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for posting this. I've had the software for a couple of months, just no chance to test yet. Please try to enter the PEQ/FIR manual filters without running Audyssey to see if it will let you do that. I'm hopeful it will which would allow for quick manual calibration which would be awesome.
Thanks for chiming in Gene. It’s always cool when the man himself makes an appearance!

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
To mirror what VoidX stated you can enter the filters manually but unfortunately only in channel pairs. Void if you can fabricate a way to do so individually message me and perhaps we could compare results after. Thus far I haven’t had any issues with it and my subs are still flat from 14hz-120hz. Audyssey didn’t add much to my sub channels as there wasn’t a whole lot that needed to be flattened but it also didn’t make it worse. I took some brief REW measurements last night to confirm that. I’ll post full measurements this weekend when I have more time to experiment.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
As a test here’s my subs with no PEQ or adjustments made via REW EQ. And the second image is that same raw data with Audyssey applied to the subs via the EQ-X.
ADA95E02-FF70-4E4D-86F0-CDA53A07C0AF.jpeg

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Here’s my mains as large with no Audyssey and than Audyssey applied down to 80hz I believe.
9E8FB3F2-B9F0-43E7-BBF4-994101887038.jpg
6297A179-C72A-46F7-B18A-D3BECDA035BC.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis