My Yamaha 107 is driving me nuts.

A

alshookup

Audiophyte
My sound bar is driving me mad. This the second Yamaha 107 I have owned and both have had the same problem. The Optical sound is very good but it keeps moving to TV sound every few minutes which is dreadful. I understand it may be something to do with needing FIRMWARE whatever that is. I have tried downloading from the Yamaha site but with no success. The instructions say I have to download and decompress the file onto a clean Flash drive. Not sure how to do this though.
I am 81 years of age and don't fully understand the technology. If anyone can help (in simple language please) I am truly grateful.

thank you

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
What is the model number of the connected TV?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
My sound bar is driving me mad. This the second Yamaha 107 I have owned and both have had the same problem. The Optical sound is very good but it keeps moving to TV sound every few minutes which is dreadful. I understand it may be something to do with needing FIRMWARE whatever that is. I have tried downloading from the Yamaha site but with no success. The instructions say I have to download and decompress the file onto a clean Flash drive. Not sure how to do this though.
I am 81 years of age and don't fully understand the technology. If anyone can help (in simple language please) I am truly grateful.

thank you
The only firmware update I see is related to DTS:X sound.
You wont get this from optical anyhow, and that's not going to fix your issue.
So, don't worry about the firmware.

Like Trebdb83 said, need to know your tv set make and model...that's probably the source of the problem.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

thank you
Did you use this method to update the firmware?

This sound bar has a mini USB port for updating- adapters are available. You'll have to find someone near you to help, although this site may have a member who's more familiar with this model.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
It is a SAMSUNG TV
Ok. Do you have any other devices connected directly to the TV? Do you have any devices, other than the TV, connected directly to the soundbar.

Besides the optical cable, is the soundbar also connected to the TV with HDMI cable?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis