My Onkyo TX-SR805 Died. What to Replace it with?

sbradfor

sbradfor

Enthusiast
Well I went ahead and bought the Onkyo TX-NR809 with a 5 year warranty from B&H.

Thank you all for all your help.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good luck. Hopefully this one will last you longer than the last unit. :)

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Thanks! It definitely will. That's what the 5 year warranty is for! :)
Is B&H a Onkyo Factory Dealer? If so you send it to them and they "Deal" with Onkyo Customer Service or B&K will replace it with a unit of same cost
later on as the years go by. This is what Best Buy does(AVR and Conn's for my flatt screen) store credit and it is local, no freight on this HD AVR, I have to replace the 805. Lets hope we don't have to worry about it. :)
Get a fan for any AVR and have a good spot for it to vent.
Louis

sbradfor

sbradfor

Enthusiast
B&H is a authorized dealer. Any advice on what fans to get for an AVR?

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
B&H is a authorized dealer. Any advice on what fans to get for an AVR?
I will look for the link. I will try my luck with this search site and see if I can find that link for twin fans you mount in the rear of the caninet the AVR will set on and have 6" vent space above if you can adjust the shelf. Neat looking 110 volt unit. It's been 111 in Fort Worth, Texas for weeks in a row. I have a 8" floor fan that rotates and blows at the AVR and thur to the wall and the Fios box on top shelf. TV stand/cabinet is about 14" away from the wall for all
cables power strips etc. Room for 55" flatt screen to vent. I liked my Onkyo amps........ did not have 5 year warranty. Good Move in the long run. HDMI seems to be weak link on this AVR design. A vast majority have HDMI switching problems then No Sound. Have to use RCA outputs and that buys you another few hard months of use.

sbradfor

sbradfor

Enthusiast
I will look for the link. I will try my luck with this search site and see if I can find that link for twin fans you mount in the rear of the caninet the AVR will set on and have 6" vent space above if you can adjust the shelf. Neat looking 110 volt unit. It's been 111 in Fort Worth, Texas for weeks in a row. I have a 8" floor fan that rotates and blows at the AVR and thur to the wall and the Fios box on top shelf. TV stand/cabinet is about 14" away from the wall for all
cables power strips etc. Room for 55" flatt screen to vent. I liked my Onkyo amps........ did not have 5 year warranty. Good Move in the long run. HDMI seems to be weak link on this AVR design. A vast majority have HDMI switching problems then No Sound. Have to use RCA outputs and that buys you another few hard months of use.
Thanks. Let me know if you find something!

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Thank you Louis. I'll check it out.
No problem another member here posted this. Click on the "Visit Store" 2 pages of different ways to vent. There are other vendors out there too. It has been so hot in DFW in Texas the last 30 days I have a big white plastic 12" rotating fan blowing on AVR and other boxs. On all day, too hot to mess with the motorcycles. I just cleaned the fan from the shop and Up graded from the other one:)........... looks tacky.....tuff..my man cave so to speak. Dining room table has R2R tapes and reels on it right now...this wife is cool :D

sbradfor

sbradfor

Enthusiast
No problem another member here posted this. Click on the "Visit Store" 2 pages of different ways to vent. There are other vendors out there too. It has been so hot in DFW in Texas the last 30 days I have a big white plastic 12" rotating fan blowing on AVR and other boxs. On all day, too hot to mess with the motorcycles. I just cleaned the fan from the shop and Up graded from the other one:)........... looks tacky.....tuff..my man cave so to speak. Dining room table has R2R tapes and reels on it right now...this wife is cool :D
I must be dense. I don't see Visit Store anywhere.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I must be dense. I don't see Visit Store anywhere.
Open up the Ebay add. On the right of the page you will see AV Cabinet Cooling in a BOX and look for save this seller

see other items click on the AV Cabinet Cooling in different colored letters.

sbradfor

sbradfor

Enthusiast
Open up the Ebay add. On the right of the page you will see AV Cabinet Cooling in a BOX and look for save this seller

see other items click on the AV Cabinet Cooling in different colored letters.
OK. Got it. Thanks. I was looking here at Audioholics lol...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis