TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
My wife got "suspicious" last night and said, "Did you just buy some new electronics or something? Why are you listening to all that music lately?":D

She does NOT even KNOW I made the huge change!!!

Priceless!!!:D
LOL thats a slick move, it reminds me of the old Magic Johnson from the lakers famous no look pass :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My wife got "suspicious" last night and said, "Did you just buy some new electronics or something? Why are you listening to all that music lately?"
Wow I guess you never let her use your stuff when you are not home.:D

I can get away with that to a certain point but if I change things that make the harmony work different I am caught.

Very nice by the way. Looks good and you are the only one in the world that has that setup.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, I am swamped. I am trying to call on 15 doctors a day right now and fill the top of my funnel. Once I get more focus on who my heavy hitters are, I will wead out a lot of the cold calls. It looks like the sales guys who have been there awhile attend the Monday morning meeting and then go home, work from 10am-2pm Tues-Thurs and golf on Fridays. It will probably take me a year or so to reach that point. The top salesmen in my region are pulling in over a 1/4M/year on commision alone so there is great potential there it will just take me some time to "own" all my accounts.

I guess it is "slow" time for you right now huh? I would also assume you got a raise?

Glad the old rack is still in use. I have not bought any new AV gear in some time. If all goes well with the new job we are going to build a HT room above the house along with the pool and outside kitchen/living area. This will only occur if I can pay for it straight out with a few commision checks, we are not going to get in any debt as I am still scared after my last lay-off:eek:
Thanks, Greg.

Been busy with the new Job?

Glad to see that someone is actually working, unlike me.:D

You know what happened to my old audio rack?

It is now sitting in my 6 yr old daughter's room with barbie dolls on it.:D

Yeah, getting new stuff is so fun, it's crazy.

My wife got "suspicious" last night and said, "Did you just buy some new electronics or something? Why are you listening to all that music lately?":D

She does NOT even KNOW I made the huge change!!!

Priceless!!!:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, I am swamped. I am trying to call on 15 doctors a day right now and fill the top of my funnel. Once I get more focus on who my heavy hitters are, I will wead out a lot of the cold calls. It looks like the sales guys who have been there awhile attend the Monday morning meeting and then go home, work from 10am-2pm Tues-Thurs and golf on Fridays. It will probably take me a year or so to reach that point. The top salesmen in my region are pulling in over a 1/4M/year on commision alone so there is great potential there it will just take me some time to "own" all my accounts.

I guess it is "slow" time for you right now huh? I would also assume you got a raise?

Glad the old rack is still in use. I have not bought any new AV gear in some time. If all goes well with the new job we are going to build a HT room above the house along with the pool and outside kitchen/living area. This will only occur if I can pay for it straight out with a few commision checks, we are not going to get in any debt as I am still scared after my last lay-off:eek:
The hospital is usually slower in the warmer/Summer time. No complaints here.

Well, you are staying out of trouble, which is always good.

Spending too much time on this forum can cause all sorts of controversies and arguments, which you do not have time for right now.:D:D

I guess the higher the pay-jobs, the higher the pressure, huh?

I get my merit raises in June & my inflation-adjustments in December.:D

Some people ask me when I'm going into administration and management, but that would mean that I would have to work -- NO WAY.:D

I'm too chicken.:D

But seriously, though, I think I might just be able to keep my current system without upgrading for another year or two.:D

When you make that 1/4M/year, you definitely need to buy that B&W 800D:D:
http://www.hometheaterstore.com/B_W_800D_3_Way_Vented_Box_System_p/800d.htm

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Dude, you have nothing better to do than spend money do you?

I guess that's the jealousy talking.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Dude, you have nothing better to do than spend money do you?

I guess that's the jealousy talking.
Like the new sig there Darien... is there something we should all know? Are you a Monster secret agent or something? :D

AcuDef - nice looking setup, and I'm sure it rocks! Yes, I am jealous I wish more of my hard-earned money could be tossed at new A/V gear. Does seem a bit tedious as to the hookup though. :)

T

TitaniumMan

Enthusiast
AcuDefTechGuy, I had to register just to tell you how much I love your system. It is the sort of thing I'd try if I could. I've spent so many hours trying to help a friend make his Onkyo 805 work, that the "hassle" of three volume controls seems like heaven.

Happy listening!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
AcuDefTechGuy, I had to register just to tell you how much I love your system. It is the sort of thing I'd try if I could. I've spent so many hours trying to help a friend make his Onkyo 805 work, that the "hassle" of three volume controls seems like heaven.

Happy listening!
Thanks, TitaniumMan!

I knew there had to be other guys out there who are just as crazy as I am about this.:D

At one point I actually had 4 Acurus RL-11 (7.1 instead of 5.1) with Four volume controls!

I always bought the Denon AVR-5308CI, but then I thought, "I won't be using 80% of this receiver, so why have it in the first place?"

I mean the DVD-3800BDCI, DVD-5910CI, and HD-XA1 all have top quality internal audio decoders & DACs and video processors and scalers, so why have all the redundancies in a receiver?

I was thinking, "Okay, the 3800BD & 5910 have the same video processor/scaler as the $7K AVP-A1HDCI. The 3800BD has the same DACs as the $7K AVP-A1. And the 5910 actually has SUPERIOR DACs than the $7K AVP-A1! So why bother going with a receiver?"

I'm NOT in this for the convinience. I'm in this for the PURE SOUND QUALITY - at least the best that I know how at this stage. Okay, okay, okay. So maybe it really doesn't sound better than a receiver. But at least in my mind it is.:D

And, of course, I don't want to have what most people have. I want to be a little different.:D

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
...I'm NOT in this for the convinience. I'm in this for the PURE SOUND QUALITY - at least the best that I know how at this stage. Okay, okay, okay. So maybe it really doesn't sound better than a receiver. But at least in my mind it is.:D

And, of course, I don't want to have what most people have. I want to be a little different.:D
That's the difference between those who really care about audio and those who pretend, we're in it for what we think sounds better, not what others think sounds better.

Jack:)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, I finally got around to checking out the pics... I can't access your hosting site from work, and I always forget to look when I get home. Very nice indeed, how long did it take you to wire all that up.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, I finally got around to checking out the pics... I can't access your hosting site from work, and I always forget to look when I get home. Very nice indeed, how long did it take you to wire all that up.
With all my experience with the Acurus + Emotiva + Triamping + all those cables in the past, it took about 5 minutes.:D

All my cables are now COLOR-CODED so it is less confusing.:D And all my cables are now BJCs.:D You know how weird my brain works. I just could not mix different brand cables either.:D I must be obsessive-compulsive or something similar.:eek:

I went from TEN components (a lot of wires) to SEVEN and now to only SIX components. So the number of cables have gone way down.

C

cfrizz

Senior Audioholic
Very impressive ADTG!

So long as you like how it SOUNDS that is truly all that is important. Now sit back & enjoy!:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Very impressive ADTG!

So long as you like how it SOUNDS that is truly all that is important. Now sit back & enjoy!:)
Thanks. Yeah, the SOUND has not changed. Just the LOOKS.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis