agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
How about Bobbert? Or Bobbart? Hm? That one has a classy ring to it. :)

SheepStar
ROTL.

My given name is Rohit. But due to it being a not so easy name to pronounce in USA :eek: it has been shortened to Ro. I frequently get asked "Like row row row your boat?", to which I say yes. It was interesting when I received Christmas gifts from my girlfriends family addressed to "Roe", "Row", "Roh"...

Now everyone including my girlfriend calls me Ro.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
My given name, Charles is sadly, French. Everyone that knows me calls me Chuck.

The only people to ever call me Charles were doctors, teachers on the first day of class, substitutes, and police officers questioning the blood in my alcohol content.

<b>EVERY SINGLE PERSON</b> that says "What's up Chuck?" thinks they are so ****ing hilarious and original by realizing they just said up-chuck. Har har. Like I've never heard that before. :rolleyes: :mad:

Common teases in primary age: Chuckie cheese, Up-Chuck, Chuck-Chuck-Bo-Buck-Banana-Fana-Fo... And so on.

Also, some find the familiarity that my last name is Jones. Chuck Jones... If you don't know who that was, then you don't need to. And no, we are not related, although I share my name with my grandfather, and his father.

There you have it.

~Chuck

majorloser

majorloser

Hello my name is Dave and I'm an alcoholic........................:eek:

DAMN IT, that's the other forum!

I'm an "audioholic".

So would that all make us members of A.A.?:rolleyes:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
CaliHwyPatrol said:
Also, some find the familiarity that my last name is Jones. Chuck Jones... If you don't know who that was, then you don't need to. And no, we are not related, although I share my name with my grandfather, and his father.

There you have it.

~Chuck
of Loony Tunes fame???

SBF1

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
agarwalro said:
ROTL.

My given name is Rohit. But due to it being a not so easy name to pronounce in USA :eek: it has been shortened to Ro. I frequently get asked "Like row row row your boat?", to which I say yes. It was interesting when I received Christmas gifts from my girlfriends family addressed to "Roe", "Row", "Roh"...

Now everyone including my girlfriend calls me Ro.
I love your wish list, Ro!! BTW, we have a friend named Ro...stands for Romalda. :eek:

My given name is Robert, which of course everyone shortens to Bob. (What do you call a guy about to drown in the ocean?) It has an English origin, meaning 'Bright Fame'. (Hey, Major...yours means 'Beloved'. :p ) Well, I have nothing originally English about me. Obviously this name fits Buckle-Miser much better than me. ;) So I guess my Polish parents got confused...which was easily done. (My mother always claimed to be 1/2 Irish, but I think that was only to cover for her dying her hair red.)

Anyhoo, back to Robert....I guess I must have discovered girls in the 6th grade. I went to a new school, and on the first day of 6th grade class, seats were being assigned...alphabetically by first name. There was a nubile cutie named Barbara that caught my eye. Well, from that day forward I was no longer Robert. I was BOB! What?! Oh no!! There was also a Bill, a Betty, and a Ben in the class. I was only in folded airplane hailing distance from her...not whispering sweet nothings distance. (And that has been my luck patern, since. Dang.)

How did I become RJ, you ask. LOL, there was this girl I met in the first day of 10th grade, and when they were assigning seats...named Renee......

Which reminds me of a new thread..."Worst Dates". :eek:

majorloser

majorloser

Quote: (Hey, Major...yours means 'Beloved'. )

Only a mother could love........................

E

electricdick

Audioholic Intern
Try a D ick on for size.

I am "Big D ick". At 6' 3" it is usually the second name I hear. Richard is what the judge always calls me but I was raised as D ick.

I heard them all, I take the shots in stride unless its a complete stranger....

This could be a long post so I'll stick to the better names. One of my favorites is where a certain co-worker would walk into the room and ask if I had a pencil or needle. My reply was usually "No, will a floppy do?"

About a year ago I heard a new one, subtle and I like it: "Richard Cranium".

D ick

(One day I will be able to sign off my posts with out being censored).

majorloser

majorloser

electricdick said:
I am "Big D ick". At 6' 3" it is usually the second name I hear. Richard is what the judge always calls me but I was raised as D ick.

I heard them all, I take the shots in stride unless its a complete stranger....

This could be a long post so I'll stick to the better names. One of my favorites is where a certain co-worker would walk into the room and ask if I had a pencil or needle. My reply was usually "No, will a floppy do?"

About a year ago I heard a new one, subtle and I like it: "Richard Cranium".

D ick

(One day I will be able to sign off my posts with out being censored).
Can we also assume your an electrician? We can always use one of those on the forum.

Welcome to the forum!!!:)

E

electricdick

Audioholic Intern
Hi Major.

Yes I am an electrician also an Instrument Mechanic and I have carved out a career in industrial automation/controls.

Electric D ick was a nick-name given to me by a Plant Operator about 1985. The name travelled pretty far in Northern Alberta and sometimes when meeting a person I would hear, "So your electric...bla bla."

Thanks for the welcome and hey everybody, I do not consider fellow posters as strangers so feel free to add to the thread, maybe I'll get a new handle.

D ick

majorloser

majorloser

electricdick said:
Hi Major.

Yes I am an electrician also an Instrument Mechanic and I have carved out a career in industrial automation/controls.

Electric D ick was a nick-name given to me by a Plant Operator about 1985. The name travelled pretty far in Northern Alberta and sometimes when meeting a person I would hear, "So your electric...bla bla."

Thanks for the welcome and hey everybody, I do not consider fellow posters as strangers so feel free to add to the thread, maybe I'll get a new handle.

D ick
Ahhhhh, a SCADA guru! Plant operator......as in water/WW plant?

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, if you can't figure out my first name by now, I have to pimp-smack ya :p

Actually it's Stephen, but everyone just calls me Steve...it's easier that way since too many people somehow butcher it....steffen, stefan, step-hen...so it's jsut Steve...Trips me how how people screw up on names like that....even more so is tha "I never seen that spelling before...." YEARRRGH! *PIMSMACK* :p

E

electricdick

Audioholic Intern
Hi Major.

No SCADA experience. I spent my time on a large DCS platform with a wad of PLC's attached.

Cut my teeth in maintenance and process controls departments at heavy oil projects (SAGD) then I moved onto large pulp mills in western Canada. Started consulting in 99, its been a whirl-wind since then. I am sure you have heard of the oilsands projects in Northern Alberta? They are absolutely huge and literally gobble up trades and technical people by the thousands.

(I'm gonna keep trying...)

majorloser

majorloser

electricdick said:
Hi Major.

No SCADA experience. I spent my time on a large DCS platform with a wad of PLC's attached.

Cut my teeth in maintenance and process controls departments at heavy oil projects (SAGD) then I moved onto large pulp mills in western Canada. Started consulting in 99, its been a whirl-wind since then. I am sure you have heard of the oilsands projects in Northern Alberta? They are absolutely huge and literally gobble up trades and technical people by the thousands.

(I'm gonna keep trying...)
Oh well, I was hoping I'd have somebody else out there who I could go to with Cimplicity or Intellution questions. All of my PLC gear is GE 9030/9070's or AB Slicks.

EDIT: Oops, another of Robbie's threads sucessfully hijacked.

JohnOAS

JohnOAS

Audioholic Intern
AverageJoe said:
My dad's name is Joseph, My grandfather's name is Joseph, and (showing a complete lack of imagination) we named my son Joseph.
You may never have guessed, but my name's John. The OAS is an acronym from my business name, and makes the handle unique enough to get in various other forums as well.

My father is also John, as was his father, although, apparrently in his case John was "abbreviated" to Jack. Who says people are weird?

I don't have any sons (1 daughter, not called John), but there is a child of as-yet-unknown-gender on the way, and we've put off name selection until we can cut down the potential list. If it is a boy, John, however is not on the list.

With such an unusual first name, I have had a surprising lack of nick names. It may also stem from the fact that there haven't really been many other Johns among my close groups of friends, so it hasn't been necessary. Of course, it could also be because I'm just a boring SOB, or that "the difficult mongrel over there" was perfectly adequate in most cases :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis