Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Once upon a time, a boy was Christened Robert. Robert's parents called him Robbie and through his upbringing Robbie liked only to be called Robbie.

No variations. :mad:

Eventually, Robbie went to college. His lecturers called him Robert. After some thought, Robbie decided that he didn't mind lecturers calling him Robert. After all, with their mutual relationship being somewhat formal, it seemed fitting that Robbie be addressed formally.

Robbie's new friends at college began calling Robbie Bob. After some thought, Robbie decided to let it go. It seemed logical that Bob would become the name Robbie would allow only friends to call him. Lecturers would call Robbie Robert and everyone else would call Robbie Robbie. :rolleyes:

In the fullness of time, Robbie went on to University. He made new friends, and naturally they all called him Bob. Soon however, it became the norm for everyone, regardless of whether or not they were friends of Robbie to call Robbie Bob. Robbie decided that Bob had become diluted. No longer the special name allowed only to be used by friends, henceforth, Robbie would be Bob's replacement. Ah! The two had switched places!

Many years later, Robbie joined a website called Audioholics. It was the first Forum Robbie would join, and after little thought, Robbie decided on the cunning and fiendishly clever handle Buckle-meister; Buckle being Robbie's surname. It made perfect sense to Robbie. He'd never have considered using the name Robbie. How could he? He knew none of these other faceless folk. No. Detached was good.

But all was not good. Little did Robbie realise that Buckle-meister was perhaps not the most cunning or fiendishly clever of names to have come up with, as it meant that sometimes, folk would unwittingly call him by his surname Buckle. :mad:

Like all good stories though, this one ends happily. The one thing Robbie hadn't considered, was that he would actually make friends with some folk on the Forum. Not Rjbutz, but some folk. :D

So here we are. To everyone, my name is Robbie. It is who I have always considered me to be, and I would have you call me it, as my friends.

Happy New Year everyone. :)

Robbie

p.s. girls have always called me Robbie. ;)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Buckle-meister said:
Once upon a time, a boy was Christened Robert. Robert's parents called him Robbie and through his upbringing Robbie liked only to be called Robbie.

No variations. :mad:

Eventually, Robbie went to college. His lecturers called him Robert. After some thought, Robbie decided that he didn't mind lecturers calling him Robert. After all, with their mutual relationship being somewhat formal, it seemed fitting that Robbie be addressed formally.

Robbie's new friends at college began calling Robbie Bob. After some thought, Robbie decided to let it go. It seemed logical that Bob would become the name Robbie would allow only friends to call him. Lecturers would call Robbie Robert and everyone else would call Robbie Robbie. :rolleyes:

In the fullness of time, Robbie went on to University. He made new friends, and naturally they all called him Bob. Soon however, it became the norm for everyone, regardless of whether or not they were friends of Robbie to call Robbie Bob. Robbie decided that Bob had become diluted. No longer the special name allowed only to be used by friends, henceforth, Robbie would be Bob's replacement. Ah! The two had switched places!

Many years later, Robbie joined a website called Audioholics. It was the first Forum Robbie would join, and after little thought, Robbie decided on the cunning and fiendishly clever handle Buckle-meister; Buckle being Robbie's surname. It made perfect sense to Robbie. He'd never have considered using the name Robbie. How could he? He knew none of these other faceless folk. No. Detached was good.

But all was not good. Little did Robbie realise that Buckle-meister was perhaps not the most cunning or fiendishly clever of names to have come up with, as it meant that sometimes, folk would unwittingly call him by his surname Buckle.
Like all good stories though, this one ends happily. The one thing Robbie hadn't considered, was that he would actually make friends with some folk on the Forum. Not Rjbutz, but some folk. :D

So here we are. To everyone, my name is Robbie. It is who I have always considered me to be, and I would have you call me it, as my friends.

Happy New Year everyone. :)

Robbie

p.s. girls have always called me Robbie. ;)
Well, I will still love ya, wherever your schizophrenia leads. :eek: ;) ;) :eek:

Tip one to the New Year for me, friend. (And you still haven't told me how a good Scotsman celebrates the New Year....besides writing pretty funny stuff, that is.)

BOB! :D

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Nice post Robbie (This doesnt mean Im a girl)...HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
So this is the thread where we confess are real names? Ok, you might be suprised though.

Brian. Yep, another Brian. Couple people know this, but I don't care if more know.

SheepStar

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
:D :D

I think you guys are still hung over LMAO,

Robbie (girls spelling), My name is Robert Becker, you all can call me Bob or Bobby..

~Bob

F

Feanor

Enthusiast
Bob not tolerated

Buckle-meister said:
My son's name is Robert. We called him "Robby" when he was young, (though it was often spelled "Robbie" out side the family).

Since high school is his buddies have called him "Rob", as do we, his parents & sister today.

At no time would he or we tolerate him being called "Bob" :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Buckle-meister

Feanor said:
Since high school is his buddies have called him "Rob", as do we, his parents & sister today.
My old man's name is also Robert. He is almost exclusively called Rob. I call him Pops. :)

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
My given name is Bruce. My mother said she thought it wouldn't be easy to shorten or "nickname" it. The fact that she is proudly Neapolitan Italian did not deter her from giving me a Scottish name. Perhaps it had to do with my father (whom she divorced before I can remember) being largely of Scotch/Irish descent. However, she apparently never considered that it is the stereotypical name of gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) hairdressers and such (which must make poor old Robert the Bruce spin in his grave, eh Buckle?). She also never considered the rhyming inventiveness of primary school children.

And of course she could not have foreseen "Bruce Almighty".

Though it has nothing to do with my name, she is also short. As was my father. Though she eventually remarried a somewhat less short Italian (who adopted me and gave me his name and I always considered my Dad) the damage was done. Thus, I am only 5'-5" tall.

From time to time I have considered a lawsuit. Don't make the mistake I made. Choose your parents wisely! :D

(Note to the humor-impaired: For the record, I have told my parents all of this, and we all had a good laugh.)

Great thread, Robbie! Nothing like a good laugh to start the year. Especially after LAST year.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Rip Van Woofer said:
My given name is Bruce. My mother said she thought it wouldn't be easy to shorten or "nickname" it. The fact that she is proudly Neapolitan Italian did not deter her from giving me a Scottish name. Perhaps it had to do with my father (whom she divorced before I can remember) being largely of Scotch/Irish descent. However, she apparently never considered that it is the stereotypical name of gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) hairdressers and such (which must make poor old Robert the Bruce spin in his grave, eh Buckle?). She also never considered the rhyming inventiveness of primary school children.

And of course she could not have foreseen "Bruce Almighty".

Though it has nothing to do with my name, she is also short. As was my father. Though she eventually remarried a somewhat less short Italian (who adopted me and gave me his name and I always considered my Dad) the damage was done. Thus, I am only 5'-5" tall.

From time to time I have considered a lawsuit. Don't make the mistake I made. Choose your parents wisely! :D

(Note to the humor-impaired: For the record, I have told my parents all of this, and we all had a good laugh.)

Great thread, Robbie! Nothing like a good laugh to start the year. Especially after LAST year.
What's wrong with last year?! Last year was a fine year. Just ask any Iraqi. Oh, and I think Bruce is a fine name for a 5'-5" guy. Fits way better than "RIP!". (Heh heh, unless of course the name refers to some flatulence problem.) :D

Good cheer.

RJBOBROBERTROBROBBIEROBBYBUDZ

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
rjbudz said:
Oh, and I think Bruce is a fine name for a 5'-5" guy. Fits way better than "RIP!". (Heh heh, unless of course the name refers to some flatulence problem.) :D
Not originally, no. But with advancing age and a fondness for spicy food...:p

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Buckle-meister said:
My old man's name is also Robert. He is almost exclusively called Rob. I call him Pops. :)
My dad's name is Joseph, My grandfather's name is Joseph, and (showing a complete lack of imagination) we named my son Joseph.

Even with some variations in nicknames (Joe, Joey, Bud(?), etc.), four generations of Josephs at family gatherings made for some interesting conversations.

Christmas always seemed to involve a confusing game of musical presents - "To Dad, From Joe" or the reverse "To Joe, From Dad" was never specific enough. Picture my son with a couple bow ties, wondering if he can really trade them for my grandfather's Go-Bots.

Average Joe #3.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Funny thread!

Hi Robbie,

My first name is Douglas just to continue the scotish"ness" of the thead. (I am American but my ancestors were German, Irish and Slovak. Is there a psychiatrist in the house!:D )

Douglas to close freinds and family. Doug to everyone else.

It used to bother me if someone out of the "inner circle" called me Douglas.

Dougie was out of the question! (why do coworkers always want to add an ie or y to a name?)

I try not to care anymore.:)

SBF1

p.s There must be all freinds and family here because everyone refers to me with my full name STRONGBADF1.:rolleyes:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Buckle-meister said:
Me too. :) However, I still allow only lecturers and the like to call me Robert.
heh heh....;) You feel it comin'?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Buckle-meister said:
Oh that's ok Rjbutz. You may call me Robert, but that doesn't mean I'll answer to it. :)
How about Bobbert? Or Bobbart? Hm? That one has a classy ring to it. :)

SheepStar

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
How about Bobbert? Or Bobbart? Hm? That one has a classy ring to it. :)

SheepStar
SheepStar, sometimes you just tickle me.

Buckle-meister

Sheep said:
How about...
How about? Well, how about Rob, Rab, Bob, Bobby, Robbie, Richard (;)), Robert, Bertie-Buck, Bertuck, Buckle-file, 'Are-Bee', Are-Buckle', Reebok-Robbie, Robbie-keen, Robbie-rocket-supersonic :)cool: )

All these I've been called. And those are just the printable names. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis