My name is Brad Woods.... And I am an Audioholic-oholic??.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
Brian I figured you'd know Mule well enough around here to expect this. I find his most of his posts humorous. They dubbed him the spambot for a reason.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Oh, I know. Just bustin his chops. We talk on the phone almost every weekend.
But that post shows why he is called Spambot...LOL...
He is a great guy though, and his title should be changed....

EDIT:: P.S. No chicklets for Buck allowed, he has surpassed me. LOL.. :p

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Mr. Lamb Fries said:
Hey Buckeye...In Pittsburgh, How long ago and where did you live? Just curious.

I used to own a nightclub in the strip district. I was acually looking to franchise to columbus in the arena district. We pulled out when we found out about the hockey strike and all the developement on high street. How are things in columbus? My partner and I are still considering opening something in columbus...only time will tell!
My wife (fiancee at the time) and I lived in a few different areas. We were there from 1992 through 1996. She had an apartment near Pitt when she was obtaining her masters, and I had a place in Shadyside. We then moved to a place near North Park (near North Park Lounge - great steak salads!)

What nightclub? Those were the days. Columbus is doing very well.

If I were to open a place in Columbus, I'd do it near Easton or further east. Columbus needs a Primanti Brothers. The Quaker Steak and Lube took off in Polaris (another great area) Columbus' east side is booming. I'm not so sure the Arena district ever rebounded from the strike, but we still hit spots downtown once in awhile. The Brewery district is fun, as are bars near campus (older crowds after games). They are revamping the area between the Short North and OSU campus. It's going to be beautiful, and business should thrive there.

There's an area that will explode (actually in the process) on the east side near New Albany and Gahanna. North of Morse Rd. off Hamilton. Lots of late 20's to mid 30's moving in. There's a no smoking ban in Columbus that passed for a second time. I think that hurt the nightclub biz a bit. They are about to do the same thing in many surrounding communities.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
My wife (fiancee at the time) and I lived in a few different areas. We were there from 1992 through 1996. She had an apartment near Pitt when she was obtaining her masters, and I had a place in Shadyside. We then moved to a place near North Park (near North Park Lounge - great steak salads!)

What nightclub? Those were the days. Columbus is doing very well.

If I were to open a place in Columbus, I'd do it near Easton or further east. Columbus needs a Primanti Brothers. The Quaker Steak and Lube took off in Polaris (another great area) Columbus' east side is booming. I'm not so sure the Arena district ever rebounded from the strike, but we still hit spots downtown once in awhile. The Brewery district is fun, as are bars near campus (older crowds after games). They are revamping the area between the Short North and OSU campus. It's going to be beautiful, and business should thrive there.

There's an area that will explode (actually in the process) on the east side near New Albany and Gahanna. North of Morse Rd. off Hamilton. Lots of late 20's to mid 30's moving in. There's a no smoking ban in Columbus that passed for a second time. I think that hurt the nightclub biz a bit. They are about to do the same thing in many surrounding communities.

Its called Chemistry Nightclub. we opened in 2001. since we opened after you left PGH, a good landmark for location is, we were located right across the street from Primanti Bros in the strip & down the street from Rolands. Seeing this was no lifestyle to have while hoping for a family (didnt mind owning a club...but unforseen events led me to be the opperator)...I got out of it a little while ago. Anyone looking to visit Chemistry, the clubs atmosphere has changed...we opened as an upscale, 80's dance club. with a focus on martini's, wine, cigars, enforced dress code, the works!...and now its a Hip Hop Thug Club...visit at your own risk!!!

So glad we didnt open in the arena district. We also looked into the brewery District & German Village but that place seemed too saturated. At the time (sounds like it still is) Columbus was exploding, It seemed there was no front runner for the next "hotspot." The economy seemed right but the location was a little uncertain. We want to wait till the economy becomes a little more stable before we get back into it!

have you heard of Paninni's? Its a knock off of Primanti bros that started up in Cleveland. I may be a little biased but IMO, Paninnis is much better. I think Primanti bros is awful...The only thing its good for, is a 3:00am drunk munch and a good colon cleansing. Anyone who can eat that stuff sober has a steal stomach and farts thunder! Anyway, There have been two of them in Columbus, one near OSU and one downtown. both were sold and changed a bit. That was in the late 90's so times may have changed.

Ive got mixed feeling on the smoking issue...It may hurt innitially but I Think soon you wont be able to somke anywhere in public. So people will have to make do. Who knows now a days...its all a gamble at your best guess!

if something happens down there Ill keep you posted!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis