My name is Brad Woods.... And I am an Audioholic-oholic??.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
I'm starting this thread because well I don't think we really know too much about each other around here. I'm around more than you may think beacuse I tend to read alot more than I post... The saying God gave you two eyes and ten fingers really doesn't work well here :rolleyes: ... oh well.

I do know some about some of you but this may be fun anyway.

Here I go.

You already know my name.

Male

WAF: Yes I do have a wife but she is very accepting of my hobby.

I reside in Endicott, NY

I am a Reliability and Maintainability Engineer for Lockheed Martin

Other Hobbies: Basketball, Racquetball, Golf (Although haven't been out this year its a tradgedy I know), Skiing (Been a while also), Movies, Movies and Movies

Problems:

Audioholics dampens my productivity at work. I don't have internet at home for now (I'm cheap OK) so I find myself here at work (Yes I am still at work ...going on 14 hours???) I have writing for a proposla that needs done and here I am typing this thread and also check all the others to make sure noone possted since the last time I check (an hour ago maybe).

I know I need help. The first step is admitting it right?

If you like this thread give me a chiclet please.

Matt34

Matt34

Male

WAF: 8/10....that number will probably drop when she discovers I'm get a complete new HT system. :D

Call Arizona my home now.

9yrs in the military as a K-9 officer.(been around the world and back...a couple of times, can't get enough of those 3rd world nations.)

Hobbies: designing and building off-road trucks, PC gaming/general tooling around, movies and staying healthy.

Problems: Eyes bigger than my pockets. No internet at home either(getting wireless broadband in the next couple of weeks cause I live out in BFE). Day to day dealings with boarder security issues....go ahead and argue that there isn't a problem. :mad: Beginning stages of upgraditus.

Last edited:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Mal,

A chiclet for you. I hope more members will add to their public profile. So many guys don't have any info listed. Plus, we need more avatars. They're fun. Here's one for you - right click and save. Then browse in your user cp to add the avatar. It's sometimes difficult to find moving avatars under 64x64, but they can be reduced in size with the proper software.

male
own an estimating biz in construction
columbus, oh
golf, cruisers, home improvements, carpentry, married w/ 2 kids - expecting a third!, A/V (obviously), car audio, helping Audioholics members realize they can have a killer setup at a very reasonable cost - finding great deals everywhere and anywhere, beer and wine :rolleyes:

Attachments

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
My name is Glenn and im an audioholic.

Glenn

San Francisco Ca.

WAF - N/A - Yet

Occupation - Projectionist and Field Trainer

Hobbies - I love talking audio and reading about audio, and yes im an audioholic.

Music, mountain bike riding.

Visiting historic movie theatres. Watching films in 70mm when possible. Will drive many hours to do this when I have to.

I love getting away from the city when ever possible. Not that I hate the city.

Problems - I spend way to much time at this and other audio sites. But at least it keeps me from watching TV. Except for Family Guy. Brian and Stewie are my heroes. :D :D :D

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
BuckeyeFan,
I hear Columbus is a great city. I went to college north of Pittsburgh, PA but never got over to Columbus. Have family and friends that live/go to college in Ohio so maybe worth a trip sometime. Boy, I'd love to take that SVS tour you had as well while I am out that way.

Glen, is a projectionist anything like a hypnotist? :D jk

Glad to know you all better.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
It is hard to find 64x64 moving avatars. Thanks alot! As soon as I spread the chilet love some more I will give you a chilet for it. I must have given you some too recently.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
malvado78 said:
BuckeyeFan,
I hear Columbus is a great city. I went to college north of Pittsburgh, PA but never got over to Columbus. Have family and friends that live/go to college in Ohio so maybe worth a trip sometime. Boy, I'd love to take that SVS tour you had as well while I am out that way.

Glen, is a projectionist anything like a hypnotist? :D jk

Glad to know you all better.
I've lived in Pittsburgh. It was a great party town. It's much older than Columbus. Everything in Columbus seems "new" compared to "historic" Pittsburgh. We like it here. It's a booming economy as far as Ohio goes - that's probably not saying much. :rolleyes: The guys at SVS would love to have you. They get pretty bored doing the same thing over and over. It's only an hour or so from Pittsburgh (but 5.5 hours from your place :eek: ).

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Hello...I'm an auioholic and a videohoilc

John

Franklin, Oh

WAF - 9/10, just need to keep her in the loop. :D

Occupation - Home A/V product manager

Hobbies - Audio, Video...duh, :p Painting, Photography, Poetry, MACS, spending time with my wife and daughter, currently designing a video projection system for my church. Graphic Design. History. Drives in the country. Caves. Home remodeling (more of a lifestyle right now).

Problems - Not enough $$$

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Ok

Mike

Land Use Planner (commercial and residential development)

love mountain biking, snowboarding, and family time. Oh yeah, arguing with whatever. Anger management.

2 kids and NO more. Medical assurances there.

WAF: 92% and rising. Watch, she won't be home tonight, or ever again.

Work productivity: 71% and falling. That's why I'm here.

What I hope to get out of this class: Saturday school? You kiddin' me? I ain't learnin' nuthin'.

Chicklets: 28 - this isn't actively tied, so it's probably dropped since I wrote this.

Best new technology breakthrough: teleporter, so I can sample your systems, and you mine.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Cool, and as always, informative thread.

Anamorphic....I just moved from S.F. about 2 years ago and am also into mt. biking...in fact, the Hoo Koo E Koo trail on Mt Tam(?) was the first trail I rode there and thought it cool that I was riding a trail that a bike was named after (Gary Fisher).

Cory
McLean, VA (DC)
WAF- 9/10...fortunately, my fiancée actually enjoys the stereo...she'll play it on Sunday mornings AND request it to be on when we watch movies. Yes, I died and went to heaven.
Hobbies: audio, anything Mac, screenwriting, xbox/ps2, guitar/recording, sitting in traffic.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
I'm Ryan I'm an audioholic

Male

Grayslake, IL

WAF 10/10 (I'm as single as single can be)

Hobbies: Hiking/backpacking, reading (religion, philosophy, history, theoretical physics), photography, billiards, beer, wine, fine vodkas, disc golf, Halo 2 and of course anything audio related!

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Male

Moved from Cleveland to Pittsburgh Pa....yeah I know, I get a lot of Brown Steelers stuff...I ve only been here a year so i have fought off the transition to a "STILLERS" fan, even though my fiancee' is huge fan. The truth is I still have season tickets for the Browns :D .

Own a distributing company for environmentally friendly industrial cleaning solutions.

home audio, home theater, car audio, just build my first computer so im getting the computer bug, skiing, golf, boating, poker,...

I AM NOT A YINZER!!!

my avitar is stupid but I dont feel like looking for another one...

Last edited:
Jmoney715

Jmoney715

Audioholic Intern
Male

Currently living in San Francisco, CA

Job: Me and my brothers own a door frame and hardware distribution Co. i tell ya it aint easy running a business at this age, makes you grow up real fast.

Hobbies: anything related to audio and video.... then theres fishing, camping, beer, sports, and my dog (German Shepherd).

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Do you know me?

My name is Duke Mays. Yes, Duke is my real name.

48 yrs. young.

Born in Roanoke, Va. Moved to Greenville, SC in '78 and never left.

I manage the Automatic Door division for a branch of a small company that has offices iin three states. I have worked in the door business since I moved to Gvl. I also sell comercial doors, frames and hardware, dabble in storefront doors and security.

WAF: None. Divorced. I can't seem to find a WAF for me.

Other intrests include lots of church activities, cars (see the post your ride thread), riding Harleys, A/V, golf, coins, guns and commemorative soft drink bottles. I like to work with my hands and enjoy helping people. I have gone on mission trips with my church to Central Am. each year for the last 6 where we work with the local missionary to help build different things as needed.

Problems: My recently deceased mother used to say "I don't have problems; I have opportunities." If only I could adopt her attitude. Not enough time or money and too many expensive intrests.

Vices: I don't drink, smoke, cuss, chew or date girls that do. May have something to do with still being divorced after nearly 20 years.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Travis

15 Years young :)

WAF - none.
PAF (Parental Acceptance Factor) - 80%: Have to keep volume (around -29 to -35) and bass to a low level when parents are home because my audio system leaks into the upstairs living room alot.

Hobbies: A/V :D ,Computers

mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
Okay, it's Matty K, and I'm a audio/videoholic.

43, male, married with child living in Mystic Connecticut. Born in Pittsburgh, though - there's a bunch of Kosslers (my last name) there.

WAF is 50% at best. The SVS 20-39 hasn't helped matters much.

I am responsible for architecting computer systems that support engineering, deisgn and manufacture of nuclear powered submarines for, well, a big defense contractor. Not hard to figure out if you look at where I live. I'm the software infrastructure guy.

Other interests are golf, golf, food, and golf. Oh, and podcasting. That's some pretty cool stuff. I mean, what in God's name has happened to mainstream movies, television and radio? Pirating isn't the problem, an absolute void of creativity and quality is the problem! Not only - whoops, guess that's another thread, sorry. :eek:

The avatar is my four-year-old rocking out to Blues Clues.

I have a basement home theater project going on, it's gonna be a bar/theater combo. Naturally I have all of the audio bought and set up upstairs, a projector will be the last item to buy. I really hope to get the thing finished for the Super Bowl. That is a stretch goal for sure.

Cheers! This joint rocks. :)

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
I've lived in Pittsburgh. It was a great party town. It's much older than Columbus. Everything in Columbus seems "new" compared to "historic" Pittsburgh. We like it here. It's a booming economy as far as Ohio goes - that's probably not saying much. :rolleyes: The guys at SVS would love to have you. They get pretty bored doing the same thing over and over. It's only an hour or so from Pittsburgh (but 5.5 hours from your place :eek: ).

Hey Buckeye...In Pittsburgh, How long ago and where did you live? Just curious.

I used to own a nightclub in the strip district. I was acually looking to franchise to columbus in the arena district. We pulled out when we found out about the hockey strike and all the developement on high street. How are things in columbus? My partner and I are still considering opening something in columbus...only time will tell!

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Name= Brian
Age= 33 (obvious 3/26/72)
WAF= I do not have this problem.
Born= Bronx, N.Y.
Live= Sunrise, Florida (near Ft. Lauderdale)
Work= Disabled
Hobbies= A/V, computers, movies, animal lover
Much more of a videoholic.
Problem= Not enough $$$$ But have the Upgrade bug....

Last edited:
brian32672

brian32672

Banned
mulester7 said:
.....guys in Pennsylvania....in late June of 1999, I was offered to borrow-out to the Norfolk Southern Railroad as a conductor and be stationed at Harrisburg....I accepted and it turned out the be the best 138 days of my life....as soon as we arrived at Pittsburg for a two-day NS school, we were offered positions were we to agree to transfer....a few did, but I knew I would soon be able to work back at home, so I declined....after a two day school in Pittsburgh and visits to Conway Yard, we were bussed, 18 of us, to Harrisburg to stay in a 12 story Ramada one block from the beautiful and wide Susquehana River at the site of the July 4th Festival....we didn't hit a lick for three days and kept the festival hot early to late....great culmination on the night of the 4th with a quite professional fireworks display shot from the island on which sits the AAA baseball park.....

.....I ran from Harrisburg to Allantown and sometimes on to Croxton, for a month, and then chose to go the other way from Harrisburg to Pittsburgh....that 260 mile run to Pittsburgh was the prettiest I have ever seen while railroading....at Altoona, we would stop our train to take on pusher engines for the run up the mountain with it's famous Horseshoe Curve, where you can see the end of your 8000 foot train on the other side of the box canyon, and on over the mountain and down to Johnstown....from Johnstown on to Pittsburgh was beautiful also....going by the old steel mills still active at Johnstown was neat....I loved Pennsylvania huge....still do....spent a week on the other end at Philadelphia in '95.....Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, mercy.....
Where did this whole statement come from.
It has little or nothing to do with the questions the original poster had asked everybody to post on.
Location (Birth and Now)
Hobbies
WAF
Problems
Etc..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis