My Main 2-Channel System

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@afterlife2 that rtings web site is crazy good, you don't just get the review but learn along the way about what is considered important in headphones today (many of those are not important for me; picking up calls, gaming...)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
And AKG is having these huge, huuuge sales... Anyway I'll put my Grado in ads and see if I can switch with spending just a few bucks.
Just yo let you know the 701s are bass lite from what I’ve read. I loved my grado 60s but not very comfy so I sold them way back in the 90s.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Just yo let you know the 701s are bass lite from what I’ve read. I loved my grado 60s but not very comfy so I sold them way back in the 90s.
Auu, thanks for the heads up. That might be an issue.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
How is finding a neutral sounding pair of headphones an issue? It's not like there's no base. it's just that the bass is not extended like a pair of Beats headphones

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I would not necessarily call the K(Q)701 "bass lite" but pretty neutral and "accurate (whatever that means). from the RTGS website, it shows them just a couple db down in bass response compared to the Sennheiser HD 58X:
1602258222593.png

That being said, I like an elevated bass signature and if I go immediately from my Philips Fidelio X1s to the K7XX, they can sound rather anemic...

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Does it still hold true that the closed back models achieve deeper bass more easily?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Does it still hold true that the closed back models achieve deeper bass more easily?
I guess it is all about reinforcement: a subwoofer performs better in a room than, say, a corn field. So yes, it is easier but that does not mean open back headphones can’t have deep bass. Case in point, my X1s.

Just as an aside (I think we have hijacked GO-NAD!’s thread enough) I happen to own a pair of the MOAB (Mother Of All Bass) headphones, the JVC HA-SZ2000. They are closed back and they are awesome!
1602328080860.jpeg

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So, the DCX2496 has been acting up for several months. It was refusing to respond to buttons and the background "hiss" that was acceptably low when new, is now quite prominent. The last straw was when I tried to restart it, hoping it would help, but all it did was flash lights and do nothing else.

Hidden DCX.JPG

It's 12 years old, so I decided not to waste my time messing around with it. Since I never really utilized all of its equalizing capabilities, I decided to simplify the replacement.
CX 310.jpg

It's a crossover and nothing more. I installed it last night and it does what it says on the box.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis