My Main 2-Channel System

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
CD changers are out. Another shelf for the radio tuner and single-disc DVD/CD player. Space to store some vinyl.
20201005_203115A.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Ooooo... @John Parks @GO-NAD! Something is going on with one bigger distributor and 701's are 55% off. Please tell me a little bit about them, I'm seriously considering them.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Ooooo... @John Parks @GO-NAD! Something is going on with one bigger distributor and 701's are 55% off. Please tell me a little bit about them, I'm seriously considering them.
The Q701 and K701 are essentially the same and are well-respected as high quality headphones. They are open-backed and I find them quite neutral. There are plenty of reviews of them online.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
The Q701 and K701 are essentially the same and are well-respected as high quality headphones. They are open-backed and I find them quite neutral. There are plenty of reviews of them online.
Who is trust worthy with reviewing headphones?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Who is trust worthy with reviewing headphones?
My go-to was innerfidelity.com, but AVTech shut it down. Tyll Hertsens was very objective and provided loads of measurements. I believe he reviewed one or two of the K(Q)7__ variants. These days, https://www.head-fi.org/ is a great resource.

I used to have the Drop (used to be Massdrop) K7XX and really liked it. It is based on the K(Q)701 or 702.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a set of the K7xx from Massdrop. I do tend to agree with most people, the Senn HD6xx sounds better to my ears.

I also have a set of the AKG 845BT closed back cans. I tend to use these the most due to bluetooth.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I like all those sites too. rting does good reviews too and comparisons. Love my 58x.

Edit.
Also check out this thread not to offset this one:

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'll give you a review just purchased the AKG 701's and purchase the Sennheiser HD650's and you're all set there's a review :cool: :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'll give you a review just purchased the AKG 701's and purchase the Sennheiser HD650's and you're all set there's a review :cool: :)
Not bad advice....but I suggest getting the Drop "xx" versions to save some $.

Granted, I think the Senn is based on the HD600, not the 650.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis