My Journey To RBH Sound

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Just an overview of how I became so compassionate about RBH and why ( I ) believe they are among the very best

I didn't get or couldn't find all my pictures but here are a few set ups

Throughout my youth I listened to rock & roll music at the most extreme levels that I was able to achieve at all times, meaning whatever was the best my money would allow me to attain in audio equipment would be tested and pushed to it's limits of bending the undistorted sound line as far as possible. This carried on until around age 35 or so and I eventually began to enjoy the *sound* as much as, if not more than the music. Of course by then it took its toll and I ended up with tinnitus, I have a ringing in my ears 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

I have gone through a ton of speaker styles and more speaker manufacturers that I can count. There have been many speakers that I loved and thought sounded wonderful but all of them after a very short time of any type of excessive volume, my ears would begin to hurt and I would become fatigued from listening, very disheartening - BUT as lovers of sound and music ( Audioholics ) we must carry on, just no choice.

After literally months and months of research, looking into answers of best sound, best price, best build, least fatiguing, and many other character traits I was seeking to find the best of, I started buying rbh products. I will admit, my first purchase leaned a tiny bit more towards beauty and style than all the rest of my speaker needs. I started my RBH journey with EMP, of course owned and all designed by RBH but some of this starter equipment was built outside the US. I started with the EMP E55Ti Towers because of the beauty, cost and reviews, I began to notice that I was able to listen to music longer at higher levels without my ear ringing being exacerbated. I quickly became very attached to rbh.

Brian Tracy, RBH's regional sales manager, a completely amazing representative and who turned out to be an all around wonderful and caring human being, suggested I started moving up the ladder as money would allow and said that the things I was loving so much about RBH was only going to get better and better with each step.

I first moved to the SV6500 Towers and just let me say ( Damn! ) I know I am no poet and no professional writer so I could never *write* them the justice they deserve but I can say with a powerful degree of certainty, that while taking all of the usual factors of choosing a great speaker into the equation, I believe you just would be hard pressed to find better.

Next to bookshelf, now I knew as with most bookshelf speakers , we get that * More Spacious * soundstage, so, I stepped next to the SV61 bookshelfs and it was love right out of the box situation.

I wrote Brian, telling him of my kid-like excitement to the magic speakers and added that if the standard signature SV sound was this amazing, that I couldn't even imagine what the reference series would sound like. His response was a very clear, your gonna love them.

Money was a bit tight and I'm not one to wait much, so I got a deal on last years SX61/Rs being almost identical in sound, just very slight change in cabinet design and of course that SV Gorgeous Gallery Quality Gloss Rosewood embrace. I have literally been in Audio Nirvana from the first second they began to present to me, my private live concert of Norah Jones. Pinpoint accuracy, 3D Depth, round, beautiful, detailed soundstage and no fatigue at all. Heaven.

Points worth mention or repeating:

1 - Tweeters used are the insanely popular Scan-Speak9500
2 - Midrange - designed & built by RBH & Exclusive to RBH, their own RBH-165-FPN Cast Aluminum
3 - Woofers - Also designed & built by RBH & Exclusive to RBH is their own RBH ALU200-IDCN Cast Aluminum
3 - True, Active Bi-Amping Capability
4 - Intuitive and attractive Inverted dust-caps on regular Signature SV & SX series
5 - RBH Phase plugs on Reference Models
6 - Curved cabinets to reduce resonance
7 - Coming Standard - Gallery Quality Hi-Gloss South African Rosewood or Hi Gloss Black
8 - Both modular and single cabinet designs
9 - Company started and still owned by it's original founder - some love never dies, only grows
10 - RBH was born in 1978, originally designing and building the OEM speakers that companies such as Mcintosh, Fosgate, Parasound and JBL used in their units, so you've most likely feel in love with RBH before you ever knew their name
11 - AND PRICE vs PERFORMANCE that almost no one can compete with.

To me, Jay Morgan of Morgan Audio who now is an authorized dealer for RBH and RBH Only in Mcdonough and the Atlanta metropolitan area. RBH and all it represents, all it designs, builds and allows us the public to share is one of the best examples of A High End Speaker Company with Integrity that stays above all in every aspect of it's business.

Attachments

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My first journey into RBH sound was when I was on a crazy speaker buying spree. :eek:

At the time, I was auditioning Linkwitz Lab Orion, Revel Salon 2, B&W 802D, KEF Reference 201/2, and some other brands.

But at the time, the RBH T1 looked way too ugly to me. :D

If the old RBH T1 had looked like the new SV line, I may have NEVER even bought Linkwitz Orion, Salon2, 802D, KEF 201/2, Phil3, etc.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
I understand and makes perfect since. I also work with a designer named Les Hudson. He designs full range speakers and horn speakers but he usually doesn't want to mess with the looks department at all. I keep telling him he could run with Avantgarde Acoustics
all day if he'd dive in but can't get him to.

I was so happy to see that the new SV series was stepping out so gorgeous rather than that being an upgrade. Fantastic move.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just an overview of how I became so compassionate about RBH - didnt get or couldn't find all pix but here are a few set ups

Throughout my youth I listened to rock & roll music at the most extreme levels that I was able to achieve at all times, meaning whatever was the best my money would allow me to attain in audio equipment would be tested and pushed to it's limits of bending the undistorted sound line as far as possible. This carried on until around age 35 or so and I eventually began to enjoy the *sound* as much as, if not more than the music. Of course by then it took its toll and I ended up with tinnitus, I have a ringing in my ears 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
I have gone through a ton of speaker styles and more speaker manufacturers that I can count. There have been many speakers that I loved and thought sounded wonderful but all of them after a very short time of any type of excessive volume, my ears would begin to hurt and I would become fatigued from listening, very disheartening - BUT as lovers of sound and music ( Audioholics ) we must carry on, just no choice.
After literally months and months of research, looking into answers of best sound, best price, best build, least fatiguing, and many other character traits I was seeking to find the best of, I started buying rbh products. I will admit, my first purchase leaned a tiny bit more towards beauty and style than all the rest of my speaker needs. I started my RBH journey with EMP, of course owned and all designed by RBH but some of this starter equipment was built outside the US. I started with the EMP E55Ti Towers because of the beauty, cost and reviews, I began to notice that I was able to listen to music longer at higher levels without my ear ringing being exacerbated. I quickly became very attached to rbh.
Brian Tracy, RBH's regional sales manager, a completely amazing representative and who turned out to be an all around wonderful and caring human being, suggested I started moving up the ladder as money would allow and said that the things I was loving so much about RBH was only going to get better and better with each step.
I first moved to the SV6500 Towers and just let me say ( Damn! ) I know I am no poet and no professional writer so I could never *write* them the justice they deserve but I can say with a powerful degree of certainty, that while taking all of the usual factors of choosing a great speaker into the equation, I believe you just would be hard pressed to find better.
Next to bookshelf, now I knew as with most bookshelf speakers , we get that * More Spacious * soundstage, so, I stepped next to the SV61 bookshelfs and it was love right out of the box situation.
I wrote Brian, telling him of my kid-like excitement to the magic speakers and added that if the standard signature SV sound was this amazing, that I couldn't even imagine what the reference series would sound like. His response was a very clear, your gonna love them.
Money was a bit tight and I'm not one to wait much, so I got a deal on last years SX61/Rs being almost identical in sound, just very slight change in cabinet design and of course that SV Gorgeous Gallery Quality Gloss Rosewood embrace. I have literally been in Audio Nirvana from the first second they began to present to me, my private live concert of Norah Jones. Pinpoint accuracy, 3D Depth, round, beautiful, detailed soundstage and no fatigue at all. Heaven.
2 - Midrange - designed & built by RBH & Exclusive to RBH, their own RBH-165-FPN Cast Aluminum
3 - Woofers - Also designed & built by RBH & Exclusive to RBH is their own RBH ALU200-IDCN Cast Aluminum
4 - Intuitive and attractive Inverted dust-caps on regular Signature SV & SX series
7 - Coming Standard - Gallery Quality Hi-Gloss South African Rosewood or Hi Gloss Black
9 - Company started and still owned by it's original founder - some love never dies, only grows
10 - RBH was born in 1978, originally designing and building the OEM speakers that companies such as Mcintosh, Fosgate, Parasound and JBL used in their units, so you've most likely feel in love with RBH before you ever knew their name
To me, Jay Morgan of Morgan Audio who now is an authorized dealer for RBH and RBH Only in Mcdonough and the Atlanta metropolitan area. RBH and all it represents, all it designs, builds and allows us the public to share is one of the best examples of A High End Speaker Company with Integrity that stays above all in every aspect of it's business.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. BTW, love the pics! Feel free to post some more if you like. What does a set of the SV61-R's go for? YOU have piqued my interests.....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
For research and review purposes, here is a list of the new Floor, Bookshelf and Home Theater SV Line Up and their perspective MSRP's

RBH New SV Line Up & MSRP

SV61 6.5" Bookshelf Speakers - MSRP $1199.95 Pair
SV61/R --- Reference Version -- MSRP $1899.95 Pair

SV661 6.5" LCR Monitor ------- MSRP $899.95 ea
SV661/R ---------------------- MSRP $1349.95 ea

SV6500 6.5" 3-Way Tower Speaker ---- MSRP $3499.95
SV6500/R ---------------------------- MSRP $3949.95

SV661C 6.5" Center Channel Speaker - MSRP $899.95
SV661/R ---------------------------- MSRP $1349.95

SV12N 12" Non Powered Subwoofer --- MSRP $899.95
SV12NR ----------------------------- MSRP $1399.95

SV12P 12" Powered Subwoofer ------- MSRP $1299.95
SV12PR ----------------------------- MSRP $1799.95

SV1212N Dual 12" Non Powered Sub --- MSRP $1609.95
SV1212NR --------------------------- MSRP $2589.95

SV1212P Dual 12" Powered Sub ------- MSRP $2429.95
SV1212PR --------------------------- MSRP $5299.95

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. BTW, love the pics! Feel free to post some more if you like. What does a set of the SV61-R's go for? YOU have piqued my interests.....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
lol, right after I added the MSRP's for people to be able to use for reference in researching and comparisons, I saw your question. Great minds lol

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
RBH SX61/R, these lil beauties really do sing
Wow! Very nice set-up! I am so envious....LOL!!! So, the SX61/R's use the ScanSpeak Revelator Tweeter right? That is the very same tweeter used in my Taylos. Just curious is all. Are they power hungry? What are you powering them with? The Taylos are a bit power hungry. Thanks for the pics! YOU are one lucky guy.

Cheers,

Phil

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
You nailed it, perform great period but yes, very power hungry. I'm running 180 wpc through each speaker from the top of the line TXZR800 from Onkyo. Wanted the 900 but didn't trust the seller so went with OneCall on the 800, wouldn't be any sound difference with so little watts and current difference. I'll be using my pre-outs with some 1000 watt Emotiva Mono-Blocks soon

Attachments

J

Jack N

Audioholic
I don’t frequent these forums (Audioholics) much, so I find it to be a rather odd coincidence that I run across this thread at this point in time. (Although this looks like a thread, I’m rather surprised it wasn’t pulled because it’s basically an advertisement.) At any rate - I definitely don’t share your enthusiasm for RBH. I emailed them last winter about prices on some of their stuff as two out the three dealers around here don’t even have websites and the one that does, doesn’t give you any info. I never heard a peep out of them (RBH). I thought I’d try again and emailed them over a week ago. Again, haven’t heard a peep out of them. Now by dumb luck I stumble across this thread and at least get some of the prices I was looking for. If stumbling across threads is the only way to get info, well, definitely doesn’t say much about their customer service and what they think about customers. I’ll be finishing my dedicated theater by the end of the year so when the time comes I’ll be taking my business elsewhere. I’d like to tell them that, but it looks like they ignore their emails. Good luck in your relationship with RBH.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I don’t frequent these forums (Audioholics) much, so I find it to be a rather odd coincidence that I run across this thread at this point in time. (Although this looks like a thread, I’m rather surprised it wasn’t pulled because it’s basically an advertisement.) At any rate - I definitely don’t share your enthusiasm for RBH. I emailed them last winter about prices on some of their stuff as two out the three dealers around here don’t even have websites and the one that does, doesn’t give you any info. I never heard a peep out of them (RBH). I thought I’d try again and emailed them over a week ago. Again, haven’t heard a peep out of them. Now by dumb luck I stumble across this thread and at least get some of the prices I was looking for. If stumbling across threads is the only way to get info, well, definitely doesn’t say much about their customer service and what they think about customers. I’ll be finishing my dedicated theater by the end of the year so when the time comes I’ll be taking my business elsewhere. I’d like to tell them that, but it looks like they ignore their emails. Good luck in your relationship with RBH.
I know you didn't intend your post to be funny, but it was funny in the context that the OP just got a week's worth of strongly-suggested vacation time for his spamming tactics. He's an RBH dealer, but I'm fairly certain RBH wouldn't have endorsed his behavior.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Did you email the dealers or RBH ?

I don't think RBH has a big customer service department. But when I ask RBH questions, they respond immediately.

If anyone asks me questions about RBH (phone, email, forum, etc.), I would certainly answer.

If anyone has questions and I don't know the answers, I would ask RBH, they would respond quickly, and I would then answer the questions.

I think at least for now and in the past, RBH has relied upon dealers to support clients.

J

jalesi

Junior Audioholic
I've purchased several of their products, including the SX8500's, a pair of earphones and a set of headphones. I've emailed them several times with questions and comments and have always received a quick friendly response. It's unfortunate that you had a couple of bad experiences, but mine have all been great.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I just called and spoke them on Friday as my search for the prefect headphones for airplane travel goes on. They picked up the phone, were friendly and gave me some details. Unfortunately, they do not have noise cancelling headphones......yet

Still was waiting for somone who ownes their wired model to give me feedback how well they work on a plane please ;)

Last edited:
J

Jack N

Audioholic
Rojo - "I know you didn't intend your post to be funny" Understood. Thanks.

AcuDefTechGuy - I emailed RBH directly both times. I can certainly understand they rely on their dealers, but when I can't get basic info from them, I have no choice but to contact RBH. Why RBH chose to ignore me, twice, I don't know. Unfortunate, but that's what happened, or should I say didn't happen.

Jalesi and Cos - Don't know what to say. I guess they just don't want me as a customer.

E

Ernie Schmuntz

Junior Audioholic
Just an overview of how I became so compassionate about RBH and why ( I ) believe they are among the very best

I didn't get or couldn't find all my pictures but here are a few set ups

I went JBL in the 80s, KEF then Mission. Then Definitive Tech. I scored a pair of RBH 816 that I refurbished. That was a brainchild of the founder, Roger. They had me.

I was very lucky to score three SI-770r, two 1010sen, and two MC-616c in the rear. They are stunning. I live 4 miles from their shop. I know I am a nuisance to them, but I am always welcomed by first name.
I have purchased five pairs of earphones, their Bluetooth portable speaker, new R5e (holy crap it’s great). Every thing I have purchased exceeds expectations. No greater value to be found.

Cheers

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I know the thread is a couple years old but after pursuing the pics furnished by the Op one thing is very apparent, those L/R towers need to be another foot or two into the room. No way is there any decent soundstage the way they are positioned

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Yeah, you'd think so but they do fine. I dont have the room to move them out further so I enjoy them as is.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No way is there any decent soundstage the way they are positioned
Every case is different. I am sure that if it didn’t sound good, he would have done something about it.

Don’t judge a book by its cover, as they say.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Every case is different. I am sure that if it didn’t sound good, he would have done something about it.

Don’t judge a book by its cover, as they say.
I respectfully disagree, any floor standing speaker needs to be out from the wall to optimize front to back soundstage, that's speaker basics 101, along with 'stuff' in front of and between the speakers. Your an authorized dealer and can't recognize this ? shame on you !

Now the Op stated he was restricted, Ok fine, so be it, I was trying to make my comment constructive, nothing more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis