A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
A little early 7:40am projector cleaning and cut shorter the wood. Need to get it screwed down into place next but it can wait a few days.

Cleaned port window both sides and projector lens.

Black cat, Sooty, guards the projector. Touch at your own risk!

B

Bd2e

Audiophyte
Thanks. I have a large room and small budget for now so think they might be perfect. I put a post up on the loudspeaker forum with full details. If you have a moment later I really would appreciate your advise. I have to say though, I am getting jealous looking at your setup. It's really going to rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Very little advise to give besides be careful when putting these up yourself, if it slips out of one hand it would hit you, instantly and put you in the hospital. I was standing on the armrests of the back row seating to fit the back wall ones up and that was risky. I had stand on the armrests bare footed so I have grip. Huffing and puffing and trying stay focused with finding the bracket to slot into place took a while. My arms still feel tight. Get a friend to assist is best advice unless you feel confident you can undertake it yourself.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Christmas day repair on Onkyo TH SR-875 display that I thought I might have (pressed display off) it wasn't and did a search and came across a thread at avs and read and looked at the pictures and started the repair that was thankfully easy repair.

I checked with multi volt metre set to ohm and checked the both ends of the possible known faulty resistors that was (R9310)

R93010 has been de-soldered and re-soldered with a new batch of assorted resistors. The above is the with new resistor gold black black brown and checked the value on the volt meter before fitting in.

Display back up.

Switched off while I put it back together.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Yesterday film Live Die Repeat Edge of Tomorrow (2014) Sooty approved of it in dtsHDMA 7.1 with expansion diy surrounds overhead and below.

Sooty, guardian keeper of the laerdiscs. Touch them at your own risk, he has sharp claws.

Sooty, likes ALIEN 3, on bluray theatrical only.

Sigourney Weaver, eyes rolling there's a cat above.

Sooty, has his own cinema seat front and centre since he has the best hearing range. :D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
There's a new super hero. Super Sooty, fighting crime on the streets.

His only weakness is Whiskas cat food when he just stops fighting crime and has quick nipple then licks himself and settles down for a catnap. :p

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
JBL 8330 mkII surround arrays modification with x2 Dolby CP45 switched to active crossover for LF HF outputs.

Active crossover wiring is located on the back panel of the Dolby CP45 for LCR. Active crossover filters are 500 and 800Hz the 500Hz will be used.

LF lows sent to own amplifier from there will be sent to bass driver on JBL 8330 wired directly past the passive crossover to bass driver.

HF mid-range to highs sent to own amplifier from there will be to JBL 8330 binding post passive crossover network and to mid-range to highs.

This will allow a greater immersive THX surround for lower lows and higher highs.

HF boast on the CP45 can be switched ON or OFF

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
This is the picture of the year. Just AWESOME. Oh yeah and nice setup too.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
He does look cute in it.

6th JBL 8330 mkII brought this afternoon and should arrive at end of the week. x2 more to buy now the last x4 should all be fitted up around early February.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
6th JBL 8330 mkII (THX Approved) has arrived.

Small minor damage to wood joins that can easily be repaired with wood glue and crossover coil typical small flaw due to vertical placement over time loosens the glue, I'll use liquid nails to glue the coils down.

I'll repair this tomorrow and should be fixed by Friday for (Dolby CP500 frequency sweep).

Small scruffs on the base of the enclosure must have been rubbed across the floor and small dent on edge when removed form Twickenham theatre 2, last year, 2013. The dent I think can be repaired with tiny dab of liquid nails on the edge, sanded down to shaped the edge and then painted black.

Got order x2 more same tv flat screen brackets. The inner side wall surrounds I'll get this fitted up towards the end of the month and the last x2 for side wall fitted up around early February.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Yesterday last night.

Dad, dropped off some wood glue that has been applied to the two loosened joins and has dried. The chipped edge I have place a little liquid nails no nails and wait for it to dry and give it a little sanding and little more no nails and wait till dried and sand it down a again and spray little black paint over the corner edge.

The coils on the crossover I no nailed down so those shouldn't move

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Today this afternoon.

Done a little sanding down on the no nails then applied a little more no nails and after realizing the scarper was okay but I wanted flatter smoother finish. Baking? Rolling-pin. Yeah but what do have that is small then I thought of flat batteries.

Yeah that's shaping up nicely now. (got wait till it dries by tomorrow w for next sanding down) It will take a few more days to get close to the straight edge and by which time I'll have x2 more tv flat screen brackets and the repair will be finished and painted and ready for install.

Mini rolling-pin "bake me a JBL as fast as you can" I should have this finished by Saturday.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
herbu, I had a while now.
Andy I said it before and I'll say it again. You are insane! A certifiable Audioholic.

I love all the JBL Control 1's. I still have a pair of restored Pro III's laying around. I'm kinda a admirer of vintage JBL since my first true love was a pair of LX-44's I worked all summer of my junior year in high school bagging groceries to buy with my own money.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Gene, I guess it shows. Those LX-44 have similar cosmetic looks to a JBL HT-1F I have the binding post at rear with rear ported and the nice black finish, as well as many few more JBL.

I like the control 1, with easy to mount bracket within a few minutes. The original control 1, the bracket was optional and bit little pricey.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
7th JBL 8330 arrived yesterday with no thanks to Parcel Force or Parcel Muppets Force. damaged items is not why I paid £19.00 for their service. This 3rd time Parcel Force have damaged same item.

I'll be getting 8th JBL 8330 for free.

Thank goodness for liquid nails no nails repair effort. Still not pleased I hate the smell of the glue.

Placed some weight down on the speaker over night and has since dried and still have few gaps to fill in before I can give it a little black spray paint.

Trouble was the brackets I have asked these to be removed next time and the bolt screws fitted back to the back of the speaker.

I guess Parcel Force are seriously dyslexic and can't read what "FRAGILE" means! Three times in row they must be so clumsy, reminds me of this tv ad that was in APOLLO 13.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Give it a few more hours to dry on the top where I filled in the gap. Parcel Force, Muppets.

So far the edges are dried and damn hard to budge not without hitting it with hammer it might budge as well wreck the wood.

Should have it up for testing late tonight.

Bass and mid range driver with grill placed on stage safely.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Weekend is 2 1/2 days away and I hope to do this late hours of this morning.

Itching to get remaining x6 that won't be till February, but won't stop me for fitting up the other x2 if I had the brackets I would have them up now.

The 8330 sound damn great on TOTAL RECALL (2012) with lows reaching down to 20Hz they handle without issues.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Glad to see you're still around. Cheers!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis