My HD Setup plus the HD DVD & Blu Ray disks I own!!

M

mischa316

Audioholic Intern

On the left side is my EQ, HD-A1, & Panasonic 5.1 Surround w/ 5 disk dvd player, The tv is a Philips 42" Plasma w/ Ambilight, then on the Right is my Cable Box & PS3!!

Here are my HD DVD's I own!!

Here are the Blu Ray's I own!!

Here are the PS2/3 Games I own!!

Plus I downloaded from the Playstation Store.
Mortal Kombat II
Qbert
Gran Tourismo HD

Plus next week I will be getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma!!

Mischa.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like your set up revolves around the video ;). Nice collection of HD source material, I am rather jealous.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Gotta question some of your disc selection. Eragon?!?!?! Fantastic 4?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

But you redeemed yourself with the Chicago/EWF and Heart discs. :D

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Looks like your set up revolves around the video ;). Nice collection of HD source material, I am rather jealous.
LOL I’m immune, but still very nice collection keep on collection.:p

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice big HD video library. :cool:

But that smiley face EQ…. :eek:

M

mischa316

Audioholic Intern
Gotta question some of your disc selection. Eragon?!?!?! Fantastic 4?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

But you redeemed yourself with the Chicago/EWF and Heart discs. :D
Fantastic 4 & Eragon look awesome there both descent movies I liked them!! Actually my favorite concert I have in HD is Eagles Farewell I tour that one was absolutely amazing!!

Mischa.

M

mischa316

Audioholic Intern
Plus I have Flags of our Fathers & Night @ the Museum on there way from Ebay!! Got pretty good prices on them!!

I've had my HD DVD player & the plasma since last August after I got married. Then I got my PS3 Launch day so I've gotten alot in less than a year!! Plus there is Dantes Peak HD, Purple Rain which is going to have 9 music video's on it, 300, The Jack Ryan Collection which is going to have The Sum of All Fears, Clear and Present Danger, Patriot Games, and The Hunt For Red October, and Top Gun I will definitely buy. Then for the one's I want to see but dont want to buy I put in my Netflix Queue.

Mischa.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Fantastic 4 & Eragon look awesome there both descent movies I liked them!!
OK. Sorry, but I just lost ALL respect for you. Both of those movies are complete pieces of crap that the movie studios should be ashamed for even distributing. Eragon?!?! Please. If you liked it, you obviously didn't read the book.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I think I would have rented the movies instead of buying them, and taken the money I saved and bought better speakers. Nice TV but this is Audioholics, after all!!!!

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I think I would have rented the movies instead of buying them, and taken the money I saved and bought better speakers. Nice TV but this is Audioholics, after all!!!!
Thats exactly why I have netflix :). I decided I would rather have some amazing speakers over getting a ton of HD source although I probably have about 150 DVDs but I got those dirt cheap.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Night at the Museum = Jumanji in a Museum, only not as good. Big disappointment IMO. I've been renting more BDs than buying, but my list is growing slowly. Flags was pretty good, but Letters is definitely a better showcase of what BluRay is capable of.

M

mischa316

Audioholic Intern
Thats exactly why I have netflix :). I decided I would rather have some amazing speakers over getting a ton of HD source although I probably have about 150 DVDs but I got those dirt cheap.
So if you looked at my other post you would have seen that I do have netflix. There have been a ton of movies I have rented that I did not pick up because of either they look and sound horrible or I didn't like them. I only buy HD DVD's or Blu Ray's I like and know that I will watch again.

To the other person no I have never read Eragon.

I do have a surround sound for my system if you look. It's a Panasonic 5.1 there is only so much I can do since I rent a condo!!

Mischa

M

mischa316

Audioholic Intern
Night at the Museum = Jumanji in a Museum, only not as good. Big disappointment IMO. I've been renting more BDs than buying, but my list is growing slowly. Flags was pretty good, but Letters is definitely a better showcase of what BluRay is capable of.
I liked Flags of our Fathers better than Letters anyways. I rented both of them. Flags had more action which was better for the surround sound he he he.
Mischa

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
So if you looked at my other post you would have seen that I do have netflix. There have been a ton of movies I have rented that I did not pick up because of either they look and sound horrible or I didn't like them. I only buy HD DVD's or Blu Ray's I like and know that I will watch again.

To the other person no I have never read Eragon.

I do have a surround sound for my system if you look. It's a Panasonic 5.1 there is only so much I can do since I rent a condo!!

Mischa
You may have a surround system but I think his statement was about component quality as was mine. I wouldn't be able to afford all those HD movies and the speaker set up I have and I chose netflix and high end audio over many movies and low end audio and many movies.

M

mischa316

Audioholic Intern
You may have a surround system but I think his statement was about component quality as was mine. I wouldn't be able to afford all those HD movies and the speaker set up I have and I chose netflix and high end audio over many movies and low end audio and many movies.
Oh ok I see your point. Well after we bought the tv and the HD DVD player we didn't have much money left over. That's why I went with the panasonic. Plus I had 1 year no intrest on my card when I picked that up. If they had a better one that I could've afforded at the time I probably would have gotten that. As for the one I have I"m very happy with it!! It does get the job done. $hit I would love to get a bose or something like that but I dont have the money for that!!

I do have netflix though. Some that I have I wished I had gotten on Netflix like Payback oh my god that movie was horrible. There have been a few other one's I have bought and got rid of since they were horrible. I've either traded them or sold them on ebay.

Mischa

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
$hit I would love to get a bose or something like that but I dont have the money for that!!
You will probably regret saying that on a forum with the name Audioholics. Blose has an extremely good reputation for putting out horrible speakers when price is considered a factor. They just have a good PR department and thats about where it ends.

I suggest you start reading some of the articles that have been written (reviews included) to get an idea of what passes as quality to the majority of people here and you will quickly realize you don't need a 5k budget to get an amazing audio system unlike blose would have you believe.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I liked Flags of our Fathers better than Letters anyways. I rented both of them. Flags had more action which was better for the surround sound he he he.
Mischa
Other than the action sequences, the pretty much mangled the story. It is an interesting story presented in a rather uninteresting way. The characters are interesting, but I didn't really believe them. Letters was slower, but far more character driven. I liked the way they tied the two together at certain points (they are basically one movie), and Letters had plenty of excellent sound on it, much of it soft and subtle, not BOOM BANG WHIZ.

R

riceaterslc

Audioholic
I do have netflix though. Some that I have I wished I had gotten on Netflix like Payback oh my god that movie was horrible.
nice setup. what didn't you like about payback? sound/picture quality of the disk or the plot? personally i think payback is one of mel gibson's best movies.

M

mischa316

Audioholic Intern
nice setup. what didn't you like about payback? sound/picture quality of the disk or the plot? personally i think payback is one of mel gibson's best movies.
Everything I just thought it was annoying. The sound & picture quality looked horrible it looked like a SD DVD. I was so annoyed with it I listed it on ebay while I was watching it. I like most Mel Gibson movies but this one I did not.

Mischa

M

mischa316

Audioholic Intern
Forgot to put in my Car audio as well!!

My Acura RSX 03!!

My Pioneer Premier CD Player.

My Pioneer INNO XM Satellite Radio!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com