My goodbye to dirt motorcycle riding.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Injuries suck, but don't let fear ruin your sense of adventure and fun.

Maybe dirt biking isn't for you, and that's OK too.

I had a pretty serious injury on a mountain bike, many screws in my ankle now. It took me a long time (years) to really enjoy riding my bike again, and even longer to start gaining back the confidence. And, yeah confidence in your machine and in your abilities is a huge part of any biking.

I found that I missed biking so much that this risk is worth the reward TO ME.

But, I don't go looking for any gnarly trails nor try to push my bike nor my abilities to the edge any more. I am indeed too old for that!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Wait until your 50's rolls around. Things really change and fast. I am still trying to figure out what the heck happened. Hence, I got aches and pains in places I did not even know that I had! No kidding. ;)

Cheers,

Phil
This. Before that you'll "sleep wrong" and won't be able to turn your head for a week. I'm talking early 30's for that fun to begin.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
This. Before that you'll "sleep wrong" and won't be able to turn your head for a week. I'm talking early 30's for that fun to begin.
For real! My boss used to tell me all of the time that I had "no idea" what was coming my way as I get older. Looking back, he is absolutely right. Things just don't work like they used to. All of our bad habits catches up to us. Leaves me asking what is next.......LOL!!! :eek:

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Injuries suck, but don't let fear ruin your sense of adventure and fun.

Maybe dirt biking isn't for you, and that's OK too.

I had a pretty serious injury on a mountain bike, many screws in my ankle now. It took me a long time (years) to really enjoy riding my bike again, and even longer to start gaining back the confidence. And, yeah confidence in your machine and in your abilities is a huge part of any biking.

I found that I missed biking so much that this risk is worth the reward TO ME.

But, I don't go looking for any gnarly trails nor try to push my bike nor my abilities to the edge any more. I am indeed too old for that!
A bad crash is NOT worth it to me.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Sorry about your accident. I never did get into much dirt bike riding, although I did own two dirt motorcycles back in the day.

Currently, I am still riding a road bike and a mountain bike. I'm afraid my addiction to riding is just too strong to let it go. :)
Also, I wanted to tell you I'm sorry for what I said on Rev. 9. I was in a very bad mood that day, and I was thinking irrationally. I got on this new SSRI, Celexa, and I feel much better, and I'm thinking very clearly and rationally. This new SSRI is a miracle come true on my mood, just not on my OCD yet, hopefully it will take effect on that soon.
Thanks,
Ryan

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
A bad crash is NOT worth it to me.
The dirt can at least be forgiving, the streets are just too dangerous. Drivers are too distracted, and even my BMW had 3 headlights.... they never saw me!

If I didn't have people that cared about me, or little people that are going to need me, I might be more inclined to keep riding.

So recognize the importance of this realization of when it is time to hang up your helmet! I have zero regrets!

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
The dirt can at least be forgiving, the streets are just too dangerous. Drivers are too distracted, and even my BMW had 3 headlights.... they never saw me!

If I didn't have people that cared about me, or little people that are going to need me, I might be more inclined to keep riding.
Had a kid, gave up street riding. I'm ok with it. I live in a metro area now and drivers are horrible. During the big Harley celebration, one of the mom's at the kids schools is a trauma nurse. She had trouble getting out of work on time because of all the bike accidents. Idiots on phones, idiots in general...

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Hey hey guys! Kinda took a break off of here. You'll never guess what I got today! A Christmas present. :) Ol' Snake slithered up and got it! Nice one, ain't it? It's lust inducing! Hehe! Going to pick it up tomorrow. @speakerman39 you might like this one!
47571766_947614175429575_2116166292665794560_n.jpg

Thanks,
Ryan

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey hey guys! Kinda took a break off of here. You'll never guess what I got today! A Christmas present. :) Ol' Snake slithered up and got it! Nice one, ain't it? It's lust inducing! Hehe! Going to pick it up tomorrow. @speakerman39 you might like this one!
View attachment 27435
Thanks,
Ryan
Very nice Ryan! You must have been good all year. Santa took care of you! Love the color and style. Now get to playing......LOL!!!!:) Merry Christmas to you and all of the folks here. May 2019 be a good year for us ALL!

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Very nice Ryan! You must have been good all year. Santa took care of you! Love the color and style. Now get to playing......LOL!!!!:) Merry Christmas to you and all of the folks here. May 2019 be a good year for us ALL!

Cheers,

Phil
I don't believe in Santa... but I believe God blessed me with this guitar. Dad found it and thought h'd get it for me.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't believe in Santa... but I believe God blessed me with this guitar. Dad found it and thought h'd get it for me.
That was very nice of your Dad Ryan. He sure picked out a nice one. Can you play? I have always wanted to learn how to play the bass. Been known to slap the sticks myself. Thanks for sharing Ryan. That is something to be proud of. Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend. :)

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
That was very nice of your Dad Ryan. He sure picked out a nice one. Can you play? I have always wanted to learn how to play the bass. Been known to slap the sticks myself. Thanks for sharing Ryan. That is something to be proud of. Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend. :)

Cheers,

Phil
I've been playing for 6 years. Everybody seems to think I'm very talented. I'm not Clapton level, but I'd put myself in the high intermediate-low professional area.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic

Cheers,

Phil
I knew you were a percussionist yourself Mr. Phil. You said you also played brass instruments, like the euphonium?

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic

Cheers,

Phil
For an Epiphone, it's super nice. Epiphone is like Squier is to Fender, but this one I'd rank up there with a mid quality Gibson. It's SUPER nice. Dad's going to go pick it up today.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've been playing for 6 years. Everybody seems to thin I'm very talented. I'm not Clapton level, but I'd put myself in the high intermediate-low professional area.
Very nice Ryan. Have you ever played the bass? Just curious is all. I love Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood! Here is one of my favs Ryan:

I can listen to this one over and over again for hours and never tire of it. They both are such amazing talents! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I knew you were a percussionist yourself Mr. Phil. You said you also played brass instruments, like the euphonium?
No Ryan I am not a percussionist. I can, however, slap the sticks some. It is true that I started on trumpet and in middle school I switched to the baritone. In high school I marched baritone and played the euphonium in symphonic band. I also played tuba in concert band my senior year. Drumming is just something that I picked up along the way. :)

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Very nice Ryan. Have you ever played the bass? Just curious is all. I love Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood! Here is one of my favs Ryan:

I can listen to this one over and over again for hours and never tire of it. They both are such amazing talents! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Yes, I have played both the electric bass and upright bass. I play the electric everyday actually. :) I can play guitar, bass, accordion, Hammond organ, piano, etc. The euphonium is an unusual but fun instrument to play. It's good to play drums, it keeps your rhythm good. I've never been able to do it that well.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I have played both the electric bass and upright bass. I play the electric everyday actually. :) I can play guitar, bass, accordion, Hammond organ, piano, etc. The euphonium is an unusual but fun instrument to play. It's good to play drums, it keeps your rhythm good. I've never been able to do it that well.
Wow Ryan you are quite talented. I preferred playing the euphonium to that of the baritone. It is true that playing the drums is all about timing. Since you play all of those instruments I would think playing the drums would not be too hard for you. Just takes some practice like anything else. :)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis