My First Concert- What was Yours?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
If you can find a copy of them live on there acoustic tour . Live in Kansas City on dvd it’s shot in high def and is stunning and the soundtrack is incredible too .
To Sum it up - it was a Fucking Awesome show

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
To Sum it up - it was a Fucking Awesome show

Yes Indeed there really very cool dudes too my nephew has seen them 13 times lol . This I think is one of the best concerts ever recorded . I’ve seen there full blown show live once myself but this acoustic show is the total poop .

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Yes Indeed there really very cool dudes too my nephew has seen them 13 times lol . This I think is one of the best concerts ever recorded . I’ve seen there full blown show live once myself but this acoustic show is the total poop .
I've seen their Full Electric Rock Concert at the Amway Center in Orlando. And their Acoustic shows at the House of Blues in Orlando and the Hard Rock. I've seen them 5 times.
One of their HOB's show was with Bush. OMG by the time the Show was over at 1am I was Exhausted from my Face being Rocked Off. LOL

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I've seen their Full Electric Rock Concert at the Amway Center in Orlando. And their Acoustic shows at the House of Blues in Orlando and the Hard Rock. I've seen them 5 times.
One of their HOB's show was with Bush. OMG by the time the Show was over at 1am I was Exhausted from my Face being Rocked Off. LOL

Was going to see them last summer at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach but at the last min they cancelled was bummed pretty bad over that one .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Their first two albums are the best IMHO. A few acoustic tracks at the end of each are very good.
I agree with your thought on the first two albums I really think they are the best acoustic show I’ve ever herd .

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
How did Ridin the Storm out sound in a stadium? I saw them indoors late 70s but I bet that song rocked outdoors :)
I managed to see REO Speedwagon at an outdoor concert area in Phoenix. The concert venue is long gone but the show lives on in my mind. Ridin the Storm out was epic. The crowd was pretty well in an altered state by the time they played it and it was really good. In fact, the set list was mostly a greatest hits list and they nailed most everything they did that night. I don't remember at all who else was on the bill that night. I think having the right roadie crew and equipment is the key to outdoor events. As well, not having too gigantic an area to cover. I think the venue was just right for the equipment they brought. The band brought the rest with their show.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Here's both.

I went to a Three Doors Down concert with my mom (she's been to so many I don't even remember who all she's seen) and that was a band I didn't particularly like, but who's songs were tolerable. Well, the concert changed my mind. The show was excellent, even in the outdoor amphitheater that wasn't all that great.

Same thing happened with Pappa Roach. Not a fan, but boy was that an enjoyable show. I'd see them again without hesitation.

I did see Seether and Shinedown when they were at their height and that was excellent too. They did a cover of Man in the Box by Alice in Chains with the singer of Dark New Day and I'd have sword it was Alice in Chains live with Lane. Jaw hit the floor on that one.

My brother's band opened for Candlebox and their singer was an ass. This was WAY past their high point and it was confusing for a band nobody had heard from in a decade to be so pompous.

One thing I learned about a lot of singers in bands is that they are all shockingly SHORT. Not all of them obviously, but on videos and interviews you'd never guess some of these folks are under 5'5".
I think one of the great keys to Led Zeppelin's success was their concert performances. Certainly their albums sold well and sounded good. Those guys made their bones in concert however and they pretty much stayed off TV and the interview shows and the bubblegum venues. I believe they are an interesting twist too: their albums are all about Robert Plant and their concerts pretty much all about Jimmy Page.

A lot of bands sufferred from just the opposite: they could get something good cooked up in the studio but as live performers they just didn't click or know how to work an audience. I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities or favorite memories by suggesting a candidate for this kind of trouble. I think everybody knows at least one band they would put in this category

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think one of the great keys to Led Zeppelin's success was their concert performances. Certainly their albums sold well and sounded good. Those guys made their bones in concert however and they pretty much stayed off TV and the interview shows and the bubblegum venues. I believe they are an interesting twist too: their albums are all about Robert Plant and their concerts pretty much all about Jimmy Page.

A lot of bands sufferred from just the opposite: they could get something good cooked up in the studio but as live performers they just didn't click or know how to work an audience. I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities or favorite memories by suggesting a candidate for this kind of trouble. I think everybody knows at least one band they would put in this category
Totally agree. I have the How The West Was Won live album from LZ and it's fantastic. Totally different from the albums.

I've seen Chevelle live twice and won't again. They're one of my favorite bands and they SUCK live. I've heard many people disagree, but nothing is worse than being a fan of a band and their live show killing it for you.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Totally agree. I have the How The West Was Won live album from LZ and it's fantastic. Totally different from the albums.

I've seen Chevelle live twice and won't again. They're one of my favorite bands and they SUCK live. I've heard many people disagree, but nothing is worse than being a fan of a band and their live show killing it for you.
I was gifted two tickets to a Fear Factory show by my sister one time for watching her youngest son. I grabbed a friend of mine that also really enjoyed Fear Factory and off we went. There were 5 or 6 opening acts, all were Norwegian Death Metal bands of some sort, which were neither of our thing. So we suffered through them, basically telling ourselves "It will all be worth it when Fear Factory comes on." Well, at some point during the last opening band set, someone threw a drink on the sound board. FF came on and it sounded like their music was being played with a bunch of pillows over the speakers. We suspect the thrown drink really messed stuff up. We left after 3 songs. It was more enjoyable to just listen to them in my car at that point.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I was gifted two tickets to a Fear Factory show by my sister one time for watching her youngest son. I grabbed a friend of mine that also really enjoyed Fear Factory and off we went. There were 5 or 6 opening acts, all were Norwegian Death Metal bands of some sort, which were neither of our thing. So we suffered through them, basically telling ourselves "It will all be worth it when Fear Factory comes on." Well, at some point during the last opening band set, someone threw a drink on the sound board. FF came on and it sounded like their music was being played with a bunch of pillows over the speakers. We suspect the thrown drink really messed stuff up. We left after 3 songs. It was more enjoyable to just listen to them in my car at that point.
Wow. That sucks.

What's ironic is something similar happened to Chevelle the second time I saw them. Their board died and the singer blamed the house sound system that was fine for everyone else. Guy's a douche.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
The Allman Brothers Band.

Unfortunately, I never got to see them live. How in the world I missed seeing them when I had the chance, I don't know.

But it's my loss. What a great band. (And they're originally from Florida not Georgia)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The Allman Brothers Band.

Unfortunately, I never got to see them live. How in the world I missed seeing them when I had the chance, I don't know.

But it's my loss. What a great band. (And they're originally from Florida not Georgia)
Yeah I regret never having seen them live. I did see Greg solo in DFW early1990s so he was past his prime. Still decent on I'm no Angel. But I would have LOVED to hear Jessica with the full band. :)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Seen Counting Crows 4 times they sound different every time kind of depends on what The lead singer personality shows up . But always a stellar show absolutely killer musicians all of them . There Blu-Ray is probably the best concert dvd I’ve ever seen too .

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

I sometimes think you and I channel each other's taste in music :). See my comments about Led Zeppelin in my earlier post (#54) on page 3.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I sometimes think you and I channel each other's taste in music :). See my comments about Led Zeppelin in my earlier post (#54) on page 3.
Swerd
I will take that as a huge compliment. You introduced me to the Salks so I respect your opinions in all things audio. Its interesting about Led Zeppelin and peoples reactions to them. They seem to be a polarizing band.
I read an interview from Robert Plant when he did the Raising Sand album with Alison Kraus. That album was a most unlikely pairing of talents and something nobody predicted would be good. It was a Grammy Winner. In that interview Robert Plant was perplexed. He said all he ever got was negative feedback from the music business as the lead singer of Led Zeppelin but as soon as he's paired with Alison Kraus he wins a Grammy. Go figure.

I'm pretty sure his opinion of what everyone used to think of him would be quite different than most of us fans would probably think.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Jimmy Page still has it after all these years. Watch as he shreds on air guitar :D.
Swerd
One of the most impressive things about some of my favorite rock bands/guitarists is how much sound they produce all by themselves. Some bands use 3 guitars or maybe even 4 to get their full sounds. Others like ZZ Top with Billy Gibbons or Led Zeppelin with Jimmy Page just need a bass guitar for the driving beat and then let a maestro take over and fill the stage. And since this thread is about live shows and concert experiences, that matters 100%.

If you've seen Jimmy Pages performance of the tune Rock n Roll from back in the day in a live gig, he literally takes over the stage and plays with absolute abandon. He crushes the song and the performance. The other guys are up there for sure but there isn't much doubt who's providing the magic. The studio version of the song is pretty good. The live performance sound of Jimmy Page was off the charts good.

Billy Gibbons is a force of nature on stage. There's just a drummer and the bass player Dusty Hill. When he cranks up that Les Paul its really hard to believe its just one guy making that wall of sound. I have seen them live a half dozen times and he never fails to impress. Just Got Paid is a pretty good song on a studio album. Watching him play it live is another off the charts experience.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
These answers are really making me feel young, thanks guys!

My first was Bon Jovi on the Slippery When Wet tour. July 21, 1987 - Washington DC

I was definitely a teen of the late eighties/early nineties with most of my concerts. U2, Def Leppard, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, etc. Blink 182, Offspring, Green Day, etc.

My most recent one was Weird Al.
I've gotta say that I'm not actually quite nerdy enough for a Weird Al concert, but it was still a lot of fun as a concert.

One of my most memorable was Simon and Garfunkel. I felt like I was stepping back in time on that concert from them and they really blew it out of the water.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis