My First “Real” Home Theater

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
So a guy gets a little money... and goes nuts. My den, which will play the role of home theater, is being prepared to house the hardware now...

Equipment List
McIntosh MC303 (Amp)
McIntosh M1254 (Digital Amp)
McIntosh MPC500 (conditioner)
Marantz AV8805 (processor)
B&W CCM7.5 (X2)
B&W CWM7.4 (X2)
B&W 803D2 (X2)
B&W HTM2D3 (center)
Sony VPL-VW695ES
Screen:
Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro
Fixed-frame projector screen with ultra-thin frame and LED backlight, Black Diamond dark gray material (100")

And I also just bought the car of my dreams. Off topic, but gotta brag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

P

photographer86

Audioholic
Man cave mission initiated! Can't wait to see the final pictures of the man cave. When is the hifi system going in the Ferrari?:p:D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Congrats. Especially on the car. A tv, tho?
I have been tempted to move to a TV system for watching movies. It's much less of a hassle, although it doesn't feel like going to the movies like a projection system does. I will stick with projection because of that cinema feel, but I can understand those who want to stick with a TV system.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have been tempted to move to a TV system for watching movies. It's much less of a hassle, although it doesn't feel like going to the movies like a projection system does. I will stick with projection because of that cinema feel, but I can understand those who want to stick with a TV system.
Just wonderin' especially with the real theater title....

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Congratulations. If you're gonna go nuts, or just a little hog wild, I like where you're going (and how you'll get there). You are living a bit of the dream. Hope you will continue to send pictures as you make progress

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
Congrats. Especially on the car. A tv, tho?
Much Thanks! Pardon my ignorance, but what’s A tv mean? Literally a Tv? it’s a projector screen.

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
Man cave mission initiated! Can't wait to see the final pictures of the man cave. When is the hifi system going in the Ferrari?:p:D
I never would’ve believed I’d say this... but I feel I should keep it factory. For what I paid for the audio system from Ferrari could’ve bought me a crazy nice system.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I never would’ve believed I’d say this... but I feel I should keep it factory. For what I paid for the audio system from Ferrari could’ve bought me a crazy nice system.

What's the point of a high-end sound system in a Ferrari anyway, when the real music is the exhaust note.

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
Forgot! Also have a JL Fathom 13.5 sub.

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
What's the point of a high-end sound system in a Ferrari anyway, when the real music is the exhaust note.
Couldn’t agree more. The sound is beautiful!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I absolutely love the way McIntosh stuff looks. You've got yourself one hell of a system there.

I've heard the 803d's. Very, very nice speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL the shiny cover got me! Looked like a big flat panel... Is it acoustically transparent?

Much Thanks! Pardon my ignorance, but what’s A tv mean? Literally a Tv? it’s a projector screen.

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
LOL the shiny cover got me! Looked like a big flat panel... Is it acoustically transparent?
It really does very seriously looks like an LCD. I’ve never seen a screen like this. The color changing back lights are beautiful!! I’m hoping we get the projector up today. Can’t wait to see how the projector/screen combo performs.
It’ll be a week’ish before it’s complete. This McIntosh MC303 is the largest amp I’ve ever seen and weighs in at around 180lbs. That’s crazy! The guy I hired to do the install, when I gave him my equipment list said “wait... how big is your room?” He let me know that I massively overbought. I might move in a year or two and was thinking ahead to a larger room and wouldn’t rather not buy again.

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
It’s a projector screen, not a TV.
Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro
Fixed-frame projector screen with ultra-thin frame and LED backlight, Black Diamond dark gray material (100")

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
I absolutely love the way McIntosh stuff looks. You've got yourself one hell of a system there.

I've heard the 803d's. Very, very nice speakers.
Much Thanks!! They are pretty amazing speakers. The center channel is just over the top. It’s a massive, beautiful piece of hardware. I always felt as though the center speaker is without a doubt the most important. And this JL Fathom is mind blowing. My neighbors, however, don’t like it too much. I’m working on trying to isolate it a bit more as it’s leaking low frequencies.

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
I just opened the McIntosh boxes. It’s crazy to see the tiny 4 channel digital in contrast to the 3 Channel Solid State. This is the most insane home amp I’ve ever seen. A true monster.

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
Obviously it’s necessary, but they did a brilliant job of packing this beast for shipping.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis