haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, phase issues was only a guess. It could be that I learned more and got pretty good with the MultEQ app and using ratbuddyssey too, by the time I got the Sierras. In fact now that I think about it, I wasn't using the app editor at all with the Ultra towers.
Yeah, it´s steep learning curve with all those things :eek:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, it´s steep learning curve with all those things :eek:
Not really once you understand the concept and how it needs to be used to get proper results.

Time is really the main investment with the app and ratbuddyssey.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Not really once you understand the concept and how it needs to be used to get proper results.

on the Trinnov there is a bunchload of advanced and manual settings that all will affect result more or less …..:eek:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
on the Trinnov there is a bunchload of advanced and manual settings that all will affect result more or less …..:eek:
and clear the bank account, and rather more than less at that :eek:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You might be surprised at the power and flexibility of using the editor app with MultEQ XT32. You can go in after running setup and make some very tight, precise adjustments. My bass response is pretty amazing.

05-26-21.jpg

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

Let's wait and see what Audyssey is going to come up with. It's supposed to be a new app and software that will allow us to do curve corrections with a PC. It should then be easier to adjust the frequency curves with the time saving that will come with it.

Jeff Clark, the Audyssey rep, was rather reluctant in telling us exactly further details about the new product:

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Let's wait and see what Audyssey is going to come up with. It's supposed to be a new app and software that will allow us to do curve corrections with a PC. It should then be easier to adjust the frequency curves with the time saving that will come with it.
That could be a game changer for usability and accessibility. In a manner, it will literally come down to who's algorithms and processing is doing the best job.
As it seems like YPAO is making a play for Aud as we know it today, Aud would likewise be making a play for Dirac. Of course Dirac now has their Bass Control Module available for certain products which is receiving generally good praise.
Anthem Room Correction is, last I heard, not working as well as people used to say it did.

I just hope I don't need to spend another $20 on a new App. I hope they give legacy users a break for upgrading over a certain amount of time.

Now here's hoping we get a D &/or M Super Processor that works. I'd buy another SU product if it had better room correction options AND the processing I want. That said, right now the HTP-1 is still looking pretty good (especially for the cost).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I listened to that video with Gene, Phil and Jeff just yesterday where Jeff briefly talks about that. Which is funny because you and I were discussing that very thing here recently. He was pretty cagey about what else is coming down the pipe, but curve adjusting on pc would make life easier for sure.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Oh they'd better not! That'd grind my gears.

I'd prolly still get it tho...
I dunno. You really want to be a paid beta tester again?

Not that I'm complaining. You got to feel the pain while we just learned from it. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I dunno. You really want to be a paid beta tester again?

Not that I'm complaining. You got to feel the pain while we just learned from it. :)
It's true, my "beta testing" turned into an excersize in frustration. Tho part of the problem was, editor adjustments don't apply to Audyssey's "Flat" setting. They only apply to "Reference" and I didn't know that the first time around. I was using the flat setting and didn't measure any differences at all after adjusting.

Oops. :oops: :p

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It's true, my "beta testing" turned into an excersize in frustration. Tho part of the problem was, editor adjustments don't apply to Audyssey's "Flat" setting. They only apply to "Reference" and I didn't know that the first time around. I was using the flat setting and didn't measure any differences at all after adjusting.

Oops. :oops: :p
It's probably one of the reasons why the app didn't get a 4 to 5 Star average rating on the Google Play site. :oops:

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Hi Gents,

Don't you think Audyssey saying they are working with their "Partners" on this new / Revised App means it will be tied to new products to help the partners sell more gear? Sort of like what Microsoft is doing with Windows 11.

Just my take on it...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Gents,

Don't you think Audyssey saying they are working with their "Partners" on this new / Revised App means it will be tied to new products to help the partners sell more gear? Sort of like what Microsoft is doing with Windows 11.

Just my take on it...
They may well be able to (and choose to) make it retroactive to some older models, much the way they did for some of the xt32 compatibility... the question is how far back would they go as I'm on an SR6012 (2017 model?, purchased in summer 2018).
;)
Time will tell.

Hell, it may not even be available when SU releases next years D&M models, and who's to say yet if they even get HDMI working by then.
I will certainly not buy a $2-5K product that is not delivering on the necessary goods to make a 5-10 yr purchase!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Gents,

Just my take on it...
Microsoft is going to loose me with Windows 11, because I will be switching to Ubuntu (Linux) in the future. I've got Windows 10 on the laptop I recently acquired. However, I still have Windows 8.1 on my desktop, as I had refused to get Windows 10 when Microsoft was bugging me about the automatic download several years ago.

In order to counteract their attempts to download the new OS, following a search on the web, I found a way to avoid the situation by deleting file extensions which they had put on the PC with several updates, and which would have allowed them to replace the OS shortly afterwards.

There has to be a limit! Microsoft is trying to control people by releasing new operating systems every couple of years, therefore increasing their profits. If a OS is working without problems, why should we have to replace it? After a couple of years, the bugs in the system have been removed with the updates. In my opinion, the key is to keep the same OS and make it safe by using a reliable anti-malware software. F*ck Microsoft!

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They may well be able to (and choose to) make it retroactive to some older models, much the way they did for some of the xt32 compatibility... the question is how far back would they go as I'm on an SR6012 (2017 model?, purchased in summer 2018).
;)
Time will tell.

Hell, it may not even be available when SU releases next years D&M models, and who's to say yet if they even get HDMI working by then.
I will certainly not buy a $2-5K product that is not delivering on the necessary goods to make a 5-10 yr purchase!
I have the 6011, purchased in 2017 I believe, and somehow feel like that will be the cutoff point. However, I did get lucky with app compatibility. My year was the furthest back they went with it. I May get lucky again.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
You might be surprised at the power and flexibility of using the editor app with MultEQ XT32. You can go in after running setup and make some very tight, precise adjustments. My bass response is pretty amazing.

View attachment 50084
Yeah, I am not trying to drag anything down here... lots of nice good things and DSP today is bleeding amazing.
I am just happy for you how well it works, I love the Trinnov, but I am sure all the things you guys out there use is bleeding amazing :cool:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I am not trying to drag anything down here... lots of nice good things and DSP today is bleeding amazing.
I am just happy for you how well it works, I love the Trinnov, but I am sure all the things you guys out there use is bleeding amazing :cool:
Yeah, hey. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my hands on one of those Trinnov setups. I have a pretty decent calibrated mic and free software, but it's pretty basic looking compared to the Trinnov 3D mic I saw.

trinnov-3d-mic-21_43608_1.jpg

A 3D mic for higher resolution and phase, like you mentioned earlier. It's definitely bleeding edge stuff. I wonder if that's what was used for that ruler flat waterfall you posted in your recent thread? My graph looks pretty good, but it's not nearly as smooth as that one.

04-09-21 Waterfall-1.jpg

My windows right behind my subs rattle a little bit during sweeps so I think some of what's going on between 27 hz and 50 hz is from that. That's not a terrible waterfall, but that one in your other thread is near perfect.

vannfall ekstrem 2.jpg

I've ever seen such a perfect looking sweep. It looks like someone drew it, lol.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, hey. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my hands on one of those Trinnov setups. I have a pretty decent calibrated mic and free software, but it's pretty basic looking compared to the Trinnov 3D mic I saw.

View attachment 50122

A 3D mic for higher resolution and phase, like you mentioned earlier. It's definitely bleeding edge stuff. I wonder if that's what was used for that ruler flat waterfall you posted in your recent thread? My graph looks pretty good, but it's not nearly as smooth as that one.

View attachment 50123

My windows right behind my subs rattle a little bit during sweeps so I think some of what's going on between 27 hz and 50 hz is from that. That's not a terrible waterfall, but that one in your other thread is near perfect.

View attachment 50127

I've ever seen such a perfect looking sweep. It looks like someone drew it, lol.
The waterfall curves referred to here does not come from Trinnov but a pure computer based setup using Audiolense, there is no 3D microphones there but endless hours of acoustic tuning and making speaker setup that makes the most out of the room.... remember that setup has 8 24" subwoofers and 6 15" midbass drivers, 4 6" Morel carbon midranges with titanium former and a hi-end tweeter.... not suitable for any living space.

The reasoning for using audiolense and computer based is that you get way more dsp processing power than what you get with appliances with chips that have more limited taps....

I just got back an amp from repair and have to do recalibration of the whole rig... when I am done I hope I will find some time to make a thread.... sorry, just way busy now

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis