R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Sound like you have the potential to become a full blown resident expert on Room EQ.:D I guess the only thing holding you back is your seemingly busy work schedule right?
If I could do this for a living, I would. My schedule sucks at my job, been working nights last 8yrs. I’ve thought about applying for a job at the one place even if I had to just move stock around or help set things up just so I’m around it but it’s not practical with my job. Also for extra money even though I make good money with my job

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you, actually I have seen those but was confused and thought those were HD, or Ryan's.
I should have labeled them as Reckel's, Ryan is only evident to me because that's evident from the emails themselves....but we discussed the posting of pics in the several previous posts so thought it was easy to tell....

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Host an open Bar and some Steaks on the Grill it's amazing how many will make the trip to hear your system
My kegerator always has beer in it and is always open but it’s usually coors light or Miller lite so dk how you feel about that

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I’d love to hear the system’s that you guys have too. I’m not kidding when I say I have not met anyone here who’s into HT. That’s my get away down there from work

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’d love to hear the system’s that you guys have too. I’m not kidding when I say I have not met anyone here who’s into HT. That’s my get away down there from work
I'm in Oregon so might be a bit of a drive, and likewise I'm not likely to drop in on you there in Minnesota (IIRC)...if you want light beer you'd have to bring your own, tho :)

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
My wife thinks it sounds ridiculous because it’s loud and shakes the entire house but what does she know.......I set it up down there like that on purpose so we could sit down there as a family and watch movies but honestly with my work schedule and the kids sports it’s f’ing hard. I won’t have it as loud as I listen to when they’re down there

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I'm in Oregon so might be a bit of a drive, and likewise I'm not likely to drop in on you there in Minnesota (IIRC)...if you want light beer you'd have to bring your own, tho :)
I’m in Ohio, bill is in Minnesota. Yea that’s a bit of a drive

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Highfi is in WI...
Seems like a couple others might be closer yet. @Pogre is in AZ, but came from PA.
You’d know better than me. Idk how far up in Minnesota you are but I’m guessing it would take me 9-10 hrs to get to Minnesota. I lived in Iowa playing college baseball 25yrs ago but that was a 7hr to get there I believe

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
9 1/2 to Minneapolis from here, well that’s doing speed limit which I would be moving faster than that

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seems we have a coupla guys in Chicago area like shadyj and matthewpoes....maybe a coupla others, too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It would be nice if we could have locations with our avatars....

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
It would be nice if we could have locations with our avatars....
Yea it would. I don’t mind driving but where you’re at would take me three days to get out there. Scenery is probably pretty awesome out there

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yea it would. I don’t mind driving but where you’re at would take me three days to get out there. Scenery is probably pretty awesome out there
We used to be able to have locations there, but think there were some forum software change that eliminated it IIRC.

Well a few days ago I could barely see the trees in my yard due to smoke. Then it rained and now we're fairly clear and can go outside again :) Generally the west is beautiful, tho....I've traveled the western states quite a bit on my mountain bike adventures....

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Thank you, actually I have seen those but was confused and thought those were HD, or Ryan's.
Also, confused because I first thought you had two front subs and two rear subs and you connected the FL, RL with a Y and FR, RR with another Y, but later you said that was your old setup and now you have only 1 rear sub.

Anyway, from what I can see in those pictures, the room does not seem to be large, but more like medium, by THX standard. Just eyeballing without knowing the dimensions LXWXH.

One thing for sure, worth repeating is that based on Audyssey's recommendations, you should always Y connect the equidistance (to your MMP) subs, so in this case, the FL and FR together, and RL, RR together.

If I got it right, you now have the distances and volume finally sorted up, so congrats, and time to focus on actually enjoying such a nice setup that should be great for movies, even serious two channel music listening.
Thx for the compliment, was going back through posts to make sure I didn’t miss anything because were a bunch coming in and low and behold I missed your compliment about my room, sorry man.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Same here. Everyone thinks I'm just nuts.
My wife thinks it sounds ridiculous because it’s loud and shakes the entire house but what does she know.......I set it up down there like that on purpose so we could sit down there as a family and watch movies but honestly with my work schedule and the kids sports it’s f’ing hard. I won’t have it as loud as I listen to when they’re down there
Oh I had a lot of resistance when it came to spending the money I wanted on gear, but I eventually won her over. When I ripped all my cds I ripped a bunch of hers too (country- blech) and she started listening to her music more and more often. Now she loves it. Enough that she'd be pissed if something happened and we went without. I recently sent one of my new speakers in for a warranty repair and hooked the old ones back up for a week while we waited. She instantly heard the differences and couldn't wait for the new one to come back! That's when I realized I'd won, lol.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis