Monster Cable is Back! Sues Mini-Golf Company

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Has Monster gone after the makers of the Monster Energy Drink, and Monster.com, the job search site? If so, what has become of that?

G

ghozt2008

Audiophyte
Boycott Monster Cables

Is there a way to quickly spread the word of this madness so that people will boycott their products? Can representatives in the A/V industry talk some sense into them? I will do my part and continue to buy product from Blue Jeans Cable. Makes me mad.:mad:

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Also, I did my part an e-mailed both CC and BB...this is just ridiculous. These guys really are the worst. The absolute worst.:rolleyes:

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
they dont own the word monster!! they do one "Monster Cable" that is it

Last edited:
gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
hey, I think that the cookie monster has grounds for a lawsuit aginst monster cable :D

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
In order to make it easy to contact the big 2 retailers and pass on our concerns about carrying products from an unscrupulous company such as Monster please click below:

Best Buy Cust. Serv.

Circtuit City Cust. Serv.
I'd like to point out that while contacting the retailers is excellent, it is equally important to keep your correspondence professional and honest if you want it to be taken seriously. Point out the specific problems you have with Monster's tactics and policies, not just that Monster "sucks" or is "evil." Sounding like a 15 year old or a crackpot won't get your comments taken very seriously.

Jack

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Da noive of a golf company using the word monster in their name

I'd say they have a lot of balls! :rolleyes:

(can I say that? :eek: )

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Cool! I'll digg for sure then too and pass this petition along.

GizmoRepublic.com ranks well for the keywords... Monster Cable Scam it has been by far my most commented and popular article.

I've had a long standing distain for the Monster Cable company. I will definitely pass along the petition on my blog to get people to encourage people to contact retail outlets and ask why they'd support such a bad corporate citizen.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Technically speaking do you have a to put a trademark symbol after you use the word M@#$@$R:eek::eek::eek:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That may be true, but I don't recall seeing or hearing of any Disney advertising included with Monster products. I have seen included with all the Disney BD's I own an insert both stating and urging for "the best possible Blu-Ray experience" use Monster hdmi cables.

Jack

If that is the case, Disney buckled? Or, they made a profitable deal somehow?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe they should have just picked another name to go with, one that isn't so common, like 'monster'. Or, better yet, maybe they should just get their collective heads out of their arses. They cannot trademark the word 'monster'. As much as some either love 'em or hate 'em, you don't see Steve Jobs and a team of lawyers going after every supermarket in the world that advertises 'Fresh Apples!'

I also agree with Jack Hammer - the best way to make an impact is not by voicing mob fury to large cororations like BB and CC, but by remaining professional, courteous and articulate. A well spoken message will carry a lot more weight than a typical rant of outrage. We can get all that stuff out here on the forum. :D

P

pangritt

Enthusiast
The Truth About Monster Mini Golf

On Behalf of Noel Lee, the founder of Monster Cable.

I am aware of your concerns regarding the lawsuit that we filed against Monster Mini Golf, a Rhode Island-based company that franchises miniature golf establishments across the U.S. (currently 24 locations). Suffice to say we take this lawsuit very seriously and filed only as a necessary measure to protect our established trademark rights.

Regardless of what false representations have been circulated about Monster, we are not a faceless corporate giant out to squash legitimate business concerns and rising entrepreneurs. We are in fact, a family-owned company that relies heavily on our brand name and reputation in order to continue serving our customers. We have always tried to provide our customers with the highest performance products at an affordable price. While we are best known for our cable products, we also manufacture high performance accessories in business areas ranging in home theater, computing, gaming, portable entertainment and power management. To protect these business areas, we have sought and been awarded trademarks for each respective category. In addition to the areas above, in the past 30 years, we have also expanded the categories including sports and other lifestyle ventures. According to the trademark law, we must enforce our marks or we will lose them and they will become generic.

We were trying our best to avoid the lawsuit, and we are trying our best to settle the lawsuit.

We appreciate your viewpoints and hope you will review the attached documents to fully understand the facts before making judgments against myself or my company.

monstercable.com/monster_truth

Monsterously,
Noel Lee

S

sitting_duck

Enthusiast
Noel Lee's statement

I got that long *** statement too. All it did was prove that noel lee IS a bully. He is lying right to us. It actually got me even more angry. Is this guy nuts?

K

KurtBJC

Audioholic
You know, there's a fairly simple way for Noel Lee to back out of the nonsense.

Just stop, Noel. Just stop.

You didn't try to avoid a lawsuit. You filed a lawsuit without thinking sufficiently about whether it had merit, when any IP lawyer worth his fee would have told you it did not. These are two completely, completely different things.

You do not need to settle it. You need to withdraw it. There is no "try" here. Just stop.

Kurt
Blue Jeans Cable

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis