Monster Cable is Back! Sues Mini-Golf Company

boxinghris

Enthusiast
Noel Lee has posted yet another statement on another forum where he is actually claiming to be the victim in all of this.

"This lawsuit admittedly has caused so much misguided ill will amongst our customers, that we have no choice but to give up on it, and along with it our rights to have a judge or jury decide this conflict."

So his customers are unable to form an opinion of their own based on the information already out there and must be misguided if they don't see things Lee's way?

Surely Lee must be the most misguided, blinkered individual of them all if he really does believe his statements are regarded as anything other than the actions of a man who has dug himself into a massive hole but who thinks the way out is to use a bigger shovel.

Wake up and smell the coffee Noel - the more information we read from BOTH sides, the more obvious it is that you are in the wrong, and that you are not big enough to admit it.

Please, please do go to court and let the judge/jury decide on this conflict because after hearing all the evidence from both sides I'm quite sure he'll come to the same misguided decision as the rest of us, just like the last judge in fact.

Now stop insulting the intelligence, be man enough to admit when you're in the wrong and realise that no matter how much your company's reputation has been damaged, it is nowhere near as badly tarnished as your reputation personally.

Big company, little man.:mad:

K

Kn9Sly

Enthusiast
Noel Lee has posted yet another statement on another forum where he is actually claiming to be the victim in all of this.

"This lawsuit admittedly has caused so much misguided ill will amongst our customers, that we have no choice but to give up on it, and along with it our rights to have a judge or jury decide this conflict."

So his customers are unable to form an opinion of their own based on the information already out there and must be misguided if they don't see things Lee's way?
Wow, this is classic. I think we should all feel privileged as witnesses to actual proof of man in what can only be described as a state of total self absorption. it's rare indeed, and the kind of thing that delusional researchers long for their entire careers, but Noel Lee has provided it feely and willfully. Thank you Mr. Lee on the behalf of humanity for this insight into uncommon bullsh*ttery.

bullsh*ttery: look it up.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Of course he's self absorbed, his feet havent touched the ground in a decade (riding that dang scooter). Heck I'm surprised he doesnt have his minions throwing rose pedals at his Segway on his way to the crapper as the exhaulted one passes by.

I believe they have already written Noel Lee's autobiography many many years ago called "The Emporer's New Clothes" ;)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I love Noel Lee's quote. It's such a lie designed to mislead.

He hasn't given up any "rights". The only thing it did was shina a light on his nefarious business practices. Some things are best done under cover of darkness.

He's more than able to carry his lawsuit to fruition, but now that he's aware that the whole world is watching, he's not too willing to follow through.

That, plus he just might lose ... publicly. That would be a drastic blow to their ability to scare off small businesses when they threaten legal action.

Those four links posted by Ray Kimber on the Monstervintage lawsuit is good reading on this subject.

If nothing else, I'm sure that this fiascio has served to educate his customers (or should I say, ex-customers) about the truth behind his marketing and the realities of their products real worth as oppossed to the more sanely priced competition. Remember, GM was once the big dog.

B

Black Santa

Audiophyte
Ho Ho Holy Sh#t!

Not to be bias or anything but this is just plain funny. I don't care who you are... even Noel himself will appreciate this:

Search You tube for: Noel Way Out

It looks like somebody did a re-mix.

See you all tomorrow morning!!

P.S. Screw the cookies, leave nip of rum instead!!

jinjuku

jinjuku

Monster doesn't sell to people. They sell to stores. Stores mark up the product and make mucho grande profits.
MC does indeed sell direct to the public from their website. Most likely a reseller agreement includes enforced MAP (Manufacturers Advertised Pricing) to keep pricing consistent between retailers.

B

boycott MC

Banned
March 1 2009 is Boycott Monster Cable Day

On March 1 2009 go into your fave. store best buy, circit cit etc and buy a Monster product then return it the next day. telling the store that you changed your mind after hearing about Mionster's tactics.
Lets make this a world wide event !

majorloser

majorloser

On March 1 2009 go into your fave. store best buy, circit cit etc and buy a Monster product then return it the next day. telling the store that you changed your mind after hearing about Mionster's tactics.
Lets make this a world wide event !

That's too much like........WORK :mad:

You can do that. I'll just tell everybody to avoid the purchase and give better alternatives.

B

boycott MC

Banned
That's too much like........WORK :mad:

You can do that. I'll just tell everybody to avoid the purchase and give better alternatives.
Maby...but by doing nothing, Best Buy Circit City etc. will never get the message to STOP carrying their products ! If say 100 people in every single store did this it would have more of an impact to the store then just not buying the product. We have to make it a hassle to them ( the store ) so that they will not want to carry monster products any more.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
how about just one person walks into the store, buys every MC product ... then return it the next day :) (open them and return them? it that's allowed?)

jk!

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Monster doesn't sell to people. They sell to stores. Stores mark up the product and make mucho grande profits.
Having worked in Retail years ago, I can tell you this:

1. Monster has their "training" site for retail employees to tell them of the "benefits" of Monster. You have to pass it or someone will be upset.

2. Monster DOES NOT ALLOW stores to reduce prices on cables. They fix the price. That's why you rarely ever see Monster cables on sale. When there is a sale, it's Monster, not the store deciding it.

3. Monster sends their reps to stores to educate the employees, and in fact has incentives for employees who sells the most Monsters. Stores such as Frys and Future Shop are sales driven. These guys make $10-$15 per Monster cable sales. The Ultra ones are ever higher. That's why they push it. The cost to the stores are 50% or less than what they sell them for.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Having worked in Retail years ago, I can tell you this:

1. Monster has their "training" site for retail employees to tell them of the "benefits" of Monster. You have to pass it or someone will be upset.

2. Monster DOES NOT ALLOW stores to reduce prices on cables. They fix the price. That's why you rarely ever see Monster cables on sale. When there is a sale, it's Monster, not the store deciding it.
Isn't "price fixing" illegal? :rolleyes:

3. Monster sends their reps to stores to educate the employees, and in fact has incentives for employees who sells the most Monsters. Stores such as Frys and Future Shop are sales driven. These guys make $10-$15 per Monster cable sales. The Ultra ones are ever higher. That's why they push it. The cost to the stores are 50% or less than what they sell them for.
Are "These guys" the salespeople themselves, or the store they are working for? If it's the salespeople, we used to call that "spiffs", which salespeople earned for selling certain products, usually something discontinues, or soon to be. These could easily up the paychecks of persuasive salespeople, and a bit of larceny increases that considerably more.

Back in "the day" these were high-profit item too but these were also pretty much commodities. Phono cartridges were high profit items back then and that's why we could just throw one in (or charge a penny) to firm up a deal, along with 20' of yer basic zip cord off of a roll. In either fase, nobody got raped.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
how about just one person walks into the store, buys every MC product ... then return it the next day :) (open them and return them? it that's allowed?)

jk!
Better ask first if there is an actual refund not just a store credit:D or that person will be s...upthecreek:eek:

J

JP1221

Enthusiast
If everyone were to buy up as many Monster products as possible from Best Buy, Circuit City, etc and then hold onto them for the entire return period (30 days or whatever it is) before taking them back, it might keep some hapless consumers from purchasing MC products during that time frame due to lack of in-stock items. Additionally, once the MC items are returned, that would put the store in an overstock situation as they would have undoubtedly ordered more MC items to replenish their shelves. This would likely put the hurt on BB, CC, etc but would it negatively impact MC or would it only assist them in shilling more crap to the retail stores as a result? Any thoughts? :confused:

M

MrMooMoo

Audiophyte
MC has a bunch of musicians listed on their website, ones that use their cables (someone on Facebook pointed it out). I've sent emails to some of them to let them know about MC's love of the little guy. If more people mail them or post on fan boards, maybe the musicians will lend a hand to the cause

J

jamie2112

Banned
MC has a bunch of musicians listed on their website, ones that use their cables (someone on Facebook pointed it out). I've sent emails to some of them to let them know about MC's love of the little guy. If more people mail them or post on fan boards, maybe the musicians will lend a hand to the cause
That is my industry and the word is being spread like wildfire as I write this...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis