Monster Cable Driving Mini Golf Place Out of Business?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Done and done.....
- Join facebook group "Stop Monster Cable bullying small companies"
- Tipped the largest national newspaper (over here) on this

Good luck to you :D
I don't see that group on facebook. Link?

SheepStar

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Done and done.....

Joined the FB group, I am only the second member though.... everybody sign up!

M

MonsterMiniGolf

Junior Audioholic
Thank You!!!

Your support is so necessary, and SOOOO appreciated. Our goal is to make this the most public fight that MC has had so far, and we are very grateful for ANYTHING that you do to keep the story circulating and gaining momentum. The goal is to start garnering some national attention here, as it's been all too easy for them to quietly snuff out the mom & pop businesses of the world.
ANY public forum helps.
THANKS!!!!
-Patrick Vitagliano

jinjuku

jinjuku

Done and done.....

I searched for the group. Can't find it... Link pls.

M

MonsterMiniGolf

Junior Audioholic
Answers to Jin's questions...

I have a few questions:

How did they gain jurisdiction?
(I don't know exactly what you mean by jurisdiction, but if you mean over the word "Monster", they are claiming that they have commonlaw rights for using it in commerce for 30yrs, which is sort of a distraction from what this case is really about, which is "Likelihood of Confusion".)

Do you have a counter suit or will you wait for the current suit to run it's course?
(There will most certainly be a countersuit. Details to follow....)

Are you demanding a jury trial?
(I believe if it goes the distance in Federal Court, that it will be a jury trial. I'll have to double check my facts to be sure though.)

Is monster going to make you fly out for deposition and discovery?
(We expect that they'll do everything in their evil, sadistic power to make this prohibitively expensive for us, so yes, we do anticipate doing a lot of traveling. We'll see.)

How experienced is your Attorney in dress trade?
(Our legal firm is Nixon Peabody, LLP, which is not just a lawyer....but an international firm with literally hundreds of lawyers in their fold. They are REALLY expensive, but have been our firm since day one, and are ideal for this type of fight. We are VERY happy with them.)

We'll keep you posted as the battle rages on, and THANKS for your support!
-Patrick Vitagliano

Last edited by a moderator:
jinjuku

jinjuku

I have a few questions:

(I don't know exactly what you mean by jurisdiction, but if you mean over the word "Monster", they are claiming that they have commonlaw rights for using it in commerce for 30yrs, which is sort of a distraction from what this case is really about, which is "Likelihood of Confusion".)
Jurisdiction relates to the venue that the proceedings will be held at. I was just wondering if your Attorneys tried to get jurisdiction so it was all local to you.

If Monster makes you depose by flying out to California, I hope you have a judge that will see that as a slime ball tactic.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a few questions:

Do you have a counter suit or will you wait for the current suit to run it's course?
(There will most certainly be a countersuit. Details to follow....)

Are you demanding a jury trial?
(I believe if it goes the distance in Federal Court, that it will be a jury trial. I'll have to double check my facts to be sure though.)

Is monster going to make you fly out for deposition and discovery?
(We expect that they'll do everything in their evil, sadistic power to make this prohibitively expensive for us, so yes, we do anticipate doing a lot of traveling. We'll see.)

How experienced is your Attorney in dress trade?
(Our legal firm is Nixon Peabody, LLP, which is not just a lawyer....but an international firm with literally hundreds of lawyers in their fold. They are REALLY expensive, but have been our firm since day one, and are ideal for this type of fight. We are VERY happy with them.)

We'll keep you posted as the battle rages on, and THANKS for your support!
-Patrick Vitagliano
Have they sued Bill Cosby over his use of 'Monster' in his Monster Chicken Heart bit?

Keep fighting- their goon squad deserves to lose.

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!"

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Have they sued Bill Cosby over his use of 'Monster' in his Monster Chicken Heart bit?

Keep fighting- their goon squad deserves to lose.

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!"
It was the Japanese...

The link for the FB group is above.

SheepStar

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It was the Japanese...

The link for the FB group is above.

SheepStar
Any way of getting this into the news headlines on major channels?

I will think about ways of making that happen over here :cool:
Don't know if it's possible, but I will give it a try......

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Is there any way to get the big chains to stop carrying Monster products?

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Is there any way to get the big chains to stop carrying Monster products?
Not with the ridiculously high profit margin they have with MC products. Sometimes they make more on a few cable sales than they do on the TV's.

Jack

J

jamie2112

Banned
I have already forwarded this to some heavyweights in the pro audio community and they are forwarding it to managers and studio owners. There are alot of their cables in the live industry and I am going to do my part to spread the word. I will be posting this on crewspace as well. I really hope the mini golf folks bust that company that cannot be named a new butt....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis