Monster Cable Driving Mini Golf Place Out of Business?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It would be great if people could spread the word about this and our editorials on other forums as well. The more exposure, the better!

J

jamie2112

Banned
It would be great if people could spread the word about this and our editorials on other forums as well. The more exposure, the better!
I would hope as many people as possible would try to spread this story as far and wide as possible....

Matt34

Matt34

I've put the initial story about this on TitanTalk and ClubTitan along with Gixxer.com.;)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I have already contacted the largest national newspaper in Norway (VG) and now I have sent the whole story to the largest TV station (TV2) in this country hoping that they will bring it to the public

Facebook group Stop Monster Cable bullying small companies still only 15 members

M

MonsterMiniGolf

Junior Audioholic
Heartfelt Thanks!

We cannot tell you how much your support means to us. This is one of those battles that keeps you constantly questioning your own sanity, and it's the support of all of you that keeps us in the fight.

As far as we are concerned, there is no public forum that is too big or too small, and the more people that are spreading the story in different, creative ways, the better the chance that it gets picked up by a bigger voice.

Lots of celebs were underdogs before they were stars. I think almost everyone can relate to a David vs Goliath story in some way.
We have been trying to consolidate some of the myriad of similar web articles into a "Hub" of sorts, to truly illustrate the extent of how many people's lives have been adversely affected by MC's bully tactics. (See link below)

http://monsterminigolf.com/bully.html

Also, our little ebay listing is starting to pick up steam as well. The "Page Views" are rising with a bullet! (see link below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=250335844365

We couldn't do this without all of you, and your efforts are greatly appreciated!
-Patrick Vitagliano

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
So far. their ebay page has generated favorable response at Audioasylum and Audioreview.

C

clthoma2

Audioholic Intern
Furious

Not only will they not get one red cent from me, I will make sure that I tell at least 10 other people about their fear-mongering tactics. Hopefully each of them will tell 5 people, etc, etc. One day monster cable will realize that all of these people were (past tense) potential customers that they have lost......that is if they start making a 100% better product and drop their prices by 99%.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I've been telling people for years now to go to online sites like Bluejeancables, Partsexpress or Monoprice instead of Monster. In fact when I was standing in line at Black Friday this year, I had about 10 people who were all ready to buy brand new TV's and Monster cables. I showed them sites like Monoprice and they were very surprised at the price difference. In fact the only people I saw picking up the Monster brand, were those I didn't get a chance to talk to while waiting in line.

Monster is notorious for suing anybody who uses Monster in their name (even if it has nothing to do with cables in any way shape or form.) In fact Disney settled with Monster over the Monster Inc, thing by now placing Monster cable ad cards in every single DVD/Bluray sold. If Disney were alive, he would've told Noel Lee to "suck it". he made many children happy but was a shrewd businessman. I wish you luck in slaying the Monster.

boxinghris

Enthusiast
Noel Lee says "Anyone who knows our company, or me personally, knows that we are not that kind of company,and I am not that kind of person. The information out there is categorically untrue."

Well Noel, the problem appears to be that anyone with knowledge of Monster's activities over the last few years really does know you and your company, and the fact is you and your company really are litigious bullies despite the long-winded, self promoting letter you allowed Audioholics to print (which provides links to various of your businesses).

You say that because a company uses 'Monster' as characters rather than text, this excuses your bullying because you use 'Monster' as characters?

For crying out loud, can you not see the wood for the trees Noel? By 'protecting' your 'property' you are in fact damaging it beyond repair - have you ever heard of P.R. Noel?

If an electronics company used 'Monster' then of course you're within your rights both legally and morally, but kid's golf, and before this we had the Halloween dress fiasco where one of your employee's did eventually try to make light of the whole debacle after realising the depth of feeling that existed, but here we are again - nothing learned whatsoever and you've allowed your legal advisors to drag Monster's reputation into the gutter once more.

Shame on you and your company - you are both a disgrace.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
While I was having a waaaarm long bath this morning I was thinking... it actually happens sometimes... :eek:

What's so special about all these Monster products that you can see all around in all the shops, absolutely zip, nothing, just a good looking package and a dirt cheap product that sell expensively...

Shops like Blue Jeans Cable have great many supporters, especially if you count members of this forum, and of course.... they provide very good performance/price ratio....

Why don't Kurt and his BJC guys do retail type products and package them as nicely as Monster does, and sell these with good looking packaging. The name "Blue Jeans Cable" really sounds good too. BJC could go worldwide with this, yes? :cool:

If everybody around would say, STOP BUYING MONSTER, Buy Blue Jeans cable Instead, and this started happening we would at least achieve two things....

- Hopefully, the Monster will loose valuable market shares
- Kurt and his "good guys" and a nice company would gain momentum

Perhaps I'm naive, but there's only one way to find out....

Kurt, are you still in here?

What do you think my AH friends?
How can we make this happen?

I guess I could start a company around here to distribute these things around here.
would only take me a few weeks I guess to register a company, but the setup will be difficult enough..... but easier if we join forces.....

Others could do similar things in UK, Australia, and other countries.... and all the US states....

Together we can break the Monster if we are strong enough and many enough and unite our forces.

Facebook group is now 47 and counting... oooops 49.....

Regards

Harald N

Last edited:
Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I have dugg... I also submitted to Stumble-Upon.

If you don't use stumble i recommend it. It's a great way to get the word out about web-pages you want to be seen, plus it's a great way to discover and grade new pages.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Is there a connection between Munster Cable and Monster Energy drinks? They're both in CA and I haven't heard anything about one suing the other.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I have dugg... I also submitted to Stumble-Upon.

If you don't use stumble i recommend it. It's a great way to get the word out about web-pages you want to be seen, plus it's a great way to discover and grade new pages.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/
Where is the page with the web sites to stay away from? Wonder if one exists could they be sued for disparagement?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Is there a connection between Munster Cable and Monster Energy drinks? They're both in CA and I haven't heard anything about one suing the other.
One way to fond out is to ask the company, Monster Energy Drinks if they have a licensing agreement with the other real monster.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, the ebay link has been taken down

Anybody know why, and by whom?

bueller? anyone?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ebay delisted the auction due to TOS violation.... Bummer

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com