Monster Cable Driving Mini Golf Place Out of Business?

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Those sorry bastard lawyers are grabbing for strings over at monster cable. I hope the mini golf keeps their name. We Audioholics need to inform buyers at best buy about Blue Jeans, who showed Monster the finger :D

K

KurtBJC

Audioholic
Is Kurt at BJC involved here in any capacity?
Only in the "moral support" capacity, I'm afraid. I retired from the practice of law a few years back and so, though I'm fully able to represent myself, I'm not in a position to provide legal representation to anyone else (and I never was licensed in CA, where this litigation is pending).

I have written to Ms. Vitagliano and urged her to keep up the good fight. The point I have made to her is that Monster Cable is actually in a very, very weak position and that the hazards it faces in this litigation are much worse than anything she faces. Accordingly, if they have any sort of strategic sense at all, once they see she's going to fight, they will back down, big time, to prevent this thing from going to a full (and, for Monster Cable, disastrous) resolution on the merits. At this point the only thing Monster Cable has going for it is the hope that it can inspire irrational fear. Who's afraid of Monsters?

Kurt
Blue Jeans Cable

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
That's a shame to hear, Kurt.

You could almost exclusively keep yourself busy representing clients that Monster files trademark infringement suits against... :D -TD

jinjuku

jinjuku

That's a shame to hear, Kurt.

You could almost exclusively keep yourself busy representing clients that Monster files trademark infringement suits against... :D -TD
I was thinking the same thing. LOL. He could become the monster under their bed!:p

E

Echo_Response

Audiophyte
Can you imagine if Apple Computers start suing anybody who uses the word apple as part of their company name like the Red Apple Restaurant or the Big Apple Bar & Grill? They might even be able to sue the apple growers of State of Washington.

To Apple's credit, they actually produce technological innovations that consumers want. The problem with Monster Cable is that it is not a technology company. For the most part Monster Cable exist as a luxury goods company much like Luis-Vuitton or Dior. Brand is everything there. Without the brand in a luxury item, there is little differentiation between a LV handbag and a Couch.

Monster Cable may claim a lot of innovations, but unlike a real technology company, their claims have no hard scientific validity. Their cables are jewelry rather than technology. This is why they spend so much of their revenue on defending their brand.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, Echo!

Very well put, IMO. Thanks for the post.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
In the prevoius "Monster cable campaign" around here there were talk about making campfires with Monster cable products and put this on video... to publish on Youtube...

I thought of that too but I'm too busy posting in the "boring" thread...

So do these "Monster Cable campfires videos" on Youtube get current again....

J

jamie2112

Banned
Has anyone heard what happened yesterday with the Mini golf hearing? I can't find any info yet on the web...I hope the judge ruled in their favor....monster sucks!

jinjuku

jinjuku

Has anyone heard what happened yesterday with the Mini golf hearing? I can't find any info yet on the web...I hope the judge ruled in their favor....monster sucks!
Today was mediation. This means that both parties agree on an attorney that has significant expertise in the area of law being contested.

Both parties show up and basically lay out their sides and any evidence.
The rules of evidence aren't in play here. Just an informal (compared to court proceedings) meeting.

The mediator then will render a non-binding opinion of what has/has not merit.

It is a measure to keep litigant cost down and not tie up the court system. The big issue is that something as silly as this was allowed to as far as mediation.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
In the prevoius "Monster cable campaign" around here there were talk about making campfires with Monster cable products and put this on video... to publish on Youtube...

I thought of that too but I'm too busy posting in the "boring" thread...

So do these "Monster Cable campfires videos" on Youtube get current again....
Hmm that could be toxic and I'd hate someone to get ill from the fumes. How about using a blender instead? :)

J

jamie2112

Banned
I think they make expensive mediocre lamp wire.....I hope Monster Mini golf wins their case. Best of luck to them...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hmm that could be toxic and I'd hate someone to get ill from the fumes. How about using a blender instead? :)
Well, if you look at the posts in the "boring" thread it looks like the damage is done already :eek:

M

MonsterMiniGolf

Junior Audioholic
Official Response

Hi all,
Patrick & Christina Vitagliano (The founders of Monster Entertainment/Monster Mini Golf) here, with an update on how this ridiculous, frivelous lawsuit is going....
As stated previously, we flew out to CA a few weeks back in an attempt to get both parties together with an impartial mediator, to try and garner an amicable settlement in leiu of going to trial. We did respectfully request that Noel Lee be present at mediation, since we all flew 3,500 miles to be there, and his office is only 45mins away.....but as expected....he couldn't be bothered.
Anyway, while we are not permitted to disclose ANY of the actual details of mediation, we are permitted to "officially" say that mediation failed. The two parties were much to far apart to find middle ground, and we are proceeding to trial.
Before doing so, Christina (in one last effort to reach the elusive Mr. Lee on a "human" level) sent him a letter asking that he take a few minutes to speak face to face, without lawyers, and simply talk this out. She has requested a personal response by Thanksgiving. As expected, Noel Lee took the cowards way out. Instead of responding personally, we got an email from Mr Tagnotti (M. Cable's in-house counsel, whom Noel Lee personally referred to as "the slimiest" of all lawyers, adding that he was a perfect fit to M. Cable's team.) who informed us that Mr. Lee was traveling, but we could speak with legal instead if we wished. We did not wish. We just wanted to see if Noel Lee would step up to the plate, or hide behind his lawyers. He did the latter.

So now....it's on to trial!
We will start a new post in regards to the trial, as it's going to take an army to defeat these deep-pocketed bullies. But in the meantime....
What we are going to need here is a call to arms! To everyone in the audio community and beyond, anyone who has ever been bullied, strong armed, or otherwise taken advantage of to step up and say "Enough is Enough"!
We'll need YOUR help to stop them, by making this their most PUBLIC fight yet! Anyone who has a blog, post, forum, website, facebook, myspace, etc.....or ANY other public forum.....WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please contact us directly at 401-454-8100, or from our website at monsterminigolf.com to get involved and help us spread the word.
We are putting up the money for our own defense, but we cannot win this without a huge public outcry behind us. Please contact us to help us get this thing some national attention!

We will keep you updated as to the progress of this ridiculous and frivelous litigation.
In the meantime, we thank you for your continued interest and support in this matter.
Sincerely,
Christina and Patrick Vitagliano
Co-Founders of Monster Mini Golf

jinjuku

jinjuku

Hi Patrick, Christina,

Our thoughts and hopes of you slaying this corporate giant ,and bully, are with you.

Can you give us the court docket # for those of us with a PACER login? I would love to read the complaint from monster.

I have a few questions:

How did they gain jurisdiction?

Did you fight jurisdiction?

Do you have a counter suit or will you wait for the current suit to run it's course?

Are you demanding a jury trial?

Is monster going to make you fly out for deposition and discovery?

How experienced is your Attorney in dress trade?

Do you know what circuit and what judge this will be held in front of?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Done and done.....
- Join facebook group "Stop Monster Cable bullying small companies"
- Tipped the largest national newspaper (over here) on this

Good luck to you :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com