Monoprice HTP-1 on HOLD/Backordered, 12-2022???

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
LOL yesh but what is the particular advantage in doing so for your use? It doesn't necessarily make sense....
IMHO
It doesn't make sense for home theater use? What am I missing here?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
With low ceilings, I had considered just a 7.4.2 setup... just hard to know ahead of time what may or may not work... the front LCR are pretty big speakers, so the "wides" may or may not really be necessary. But, I've listened to Anthony Grimani on the Audioholics youtube and other podcast type appearances talking about how it's usually better than Atmos Heights in lots of mixes. Again, still not sure exactly which way to go yet.
I have 8' ceiling but after the speakers (4 Atmos) are mounted it would be about 7.5 ft. If I sit right at the sweet spot I would say the effect is acceptable but to me its sort of just better than nothing. As you said, you wouldn't know ahead of time.. so go for it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Pre pros. Moving away from all in one AVR to pre pro and amps.
I hope you are not referring to the myth about "separates" mean better sound quality, especially when apply to AVRs vs AVPs. Unless one needs XLR I/Os I have yet to see one single AVP measures better on the bench, not even in terms of cross talk, not always anyway.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Not that I'm aware of. If I had the extra $$$$ laying around, I'd order a 2nd one and have it sent it to get it measured.
I am sure if they send one to Amir and the test results show it measures better than the AV7705 (that measured much worse than the Denon AVRs but still not too bad) they will for sure sell at least a dozen very quickly.:) In fact, I may even order one right after the tests. So do you think you can convince them to do just that?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
IMHO...OEM products leave a bit to be desired on the 'support' side. Also tend to be a bit light on setup features... I might just wait for the HTP-1 to become available. It has the best reviews and features in my research so far...
Have you studied Emo's track record for after sale support over the last couple years? Seems like that is a big ol NOPE.

Esp, when it comes to out of warranty repairs. Honestly, I don't even know how they are getting away with it, b/c to my knowledge we should be guaranteed 7 years of support per US consumer laws.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Have you studied Emo's track record for after sale support over the last couple years? Seems like that is a big ol NOPE.

Esp, when it comes to out of warranty repairs. Honestly, I don't even know how they are getting away with it, b/c to my knowledge we should be guaranteed 7 years of support per US consumer laws.
This is exactly why I'm considering Onkyo for my next AVR. Them fixing my VERY out of warranty 809 when it had HDMI issues is something I haven't seen from another manufacturer.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am sure if they send one to Amir and the test results show it measures better than the AV7705 (that measured much worse than the Denon AVRs but still not too bad) they will for sure sell at least a dozen very quickly.:) In fact, I may even order one right after the tests. So do you think you can convince them to do just that?
I think according to that AVS Forum, someone said the specs listed by the company says "THD 0.02% 1kHz".

Knowing how some companies fudge their specs, THD+N could be 0.2% or 2.0%. But we will have to find out one day.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is exactly why I'm considering Onkyo for my next AVR. Them fixing my VERY out of warranty 809 when it had HDMI issues is something I haven't seen from another manufacturer.
I would really like to see Onkyo come back with a strong product line to compete with the big Y and D&M....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would really like to see Onkyo come back with a strong product line to compete with the big Y and D&M....
I would like to see some better competition across the board, but how long until you can trust Onkyo? Still feels too early.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would like to see some better competition across the board, but how long until you can trust Onkyo? Still feels too early.
Yeah hard to know what the ownership changes have yielded yet. If they still do something like that extended warranty program hard to know....hopefully they don't have a repeat of that issue (altho I suppose the others are somewhat going thru some chip issues....what does that say about their reliability?).

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah hard to know what the ownership changes have yielded yet. If they still do something like that extended warranty program hard to know....hopefully they don't have a repeat of that issue (altho I suppose the others are somewhat going thru some chip issues....what does that say about their reliability?).
Ha.
I stopped following the Yammie-heads and the saga of that firmware update.
Other than the pooch-screw of the Panasonic Solutions chipset in D&M products, their implementation of a solution worked.
The new Denons from late 2021 seem to be working.

No news yet on when Monolith will release an upgrade for their HDMI board.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I don't really disagree with you, but if they kept the engineers and were smart enough to offer Dirac instead of whatever accueq is then I think it'll be an ok AVR for my office.

Every Pioneer, Denon, or Onkyo product I've owned has been excellent. Even Kenwood, but they don't make home audio anymore.

J

JDM

Enthusiast
Yeh got tired of the drama and picked up a AVM90 which has everything !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Congratulations!!!! How are you liking it so far?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Dang, you just bought a $7,500 + Tax AVP just like that? Did the cost sting at all? :D

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I always ask the SAME question every time someone says they have 15 speakers + subs. So....what is the dimensions of your room? :D
Is it a home theater or rather a real cinema theater? It gets to a point where it's overkill and there's no improvement in overall performance.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dang, you just bought a $7,500 + Tax AVP just like that? Did the cost sting at all? :D
It always stings my friend. But that's why we have a volume knob. We turn that sucker up and we just feel that sting faaaaade away ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It always stings my friend. But that's why we have a volume knob. We turn that sucker up and we just feel that sting faaaaade away ;)
That doesn’t work for me since I am probably a cheapa$$ in my old days. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That doesn’t work for me since I am probably a cheapa$$ in my old days. :D
I'm right there with you!!!! :D I think also the longer your in the hobby the more you realize just how little your gaining once you get past a certain price point. So what looks like being cheap is more just being practical.

If I win the lottery tho forget everything that I just said Lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis