Monitor Audio Silver 300s vs Polk Reserve R500

P

Push

Audioholic
Been awhile since I made a post here, but thought I'd update on my stereo journey:

After initially loving the R500s, as they broke in, I started noticing that the bass wasn't near as well defined as I would like, and the mids and highs were a little too laid back. Not bad, especially for the price I paid, but not quite what I was looking for.

A month ago, I was checking out a Rogue Cronus Magnum III at a stereo shop in the city, and I noticed a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300s on sale. They were the store demo units, broken in and ready to go at less than half retail. I listened for a half an hour in store, and decided I'd give them a try at home, so I plopped down the cash and loaded them up.

I've now spent 30 hours or so with them, and I love them. Highs and mids are bright, detailed but without hurting my ears. The bass is less than the Polk's, but what is there is tight and well defined. Anyone looking for a pair of modest floor standing speakers should definitely put these on their audition list.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis