Modifying dolby atmos sound bar

D

dpwguenther2

Audiophyte
Hello all. I have the Vizio SB465.1.4F6 Dolby atmos sound bar. My first question is, does anyone know what the hight setting adjusts in the Vizio app? I've searched and I find some people say is adjusts the delay of the hight speakers and some say it adjusts the level. My second question is, I had this idea of disconnecting all 4 hight speakers and using my own speakers mounted to the ceiling. How do you guys think that would work out for me? Do you guys think it would give me a better or worse experience? Would you guys ever consider doing something like that?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Hello all. I have the Vizio SB465.1.4F6 Dolby atmos sound bar. My first question is, does anyone know what the hight setting adjusts in the Vizio app? I've searched and I find some people say is adjusts the delay of the hight speakers and some say it adjusts the level. My second question is, I had this idea of disconnecting all 4 hight speakers and using my own speakers mounted to the ceiling. How do you guys think that would work out for me? Do you guys think it would give me a better or worse experience? Would you guys ever consider doing something like that?
This is an old thread but perhaps this response will help someone in the future. Any of these soundbar type products with internal amplifiers are paired to specific drivers, those drivers match the timbre of each other. Additionally the small amplifiers in soundbars are engineered for a specific impedance load and running four 4, 6 or 8 ohm speakers will definitely not be optimal. Even if you were able to balance the channel trims evenly you would lose a lot of the immersive feeling with ceiling speakers that have a different sensitivity, dispersal pattern and frequency response. I would honestly use whatever soundbar you have as it was meant to be used and save up for a budget 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 system. Buying secondhand saves you a ton of cash and if you always test the item beforehand it minimizes much of the risk; although there still is some. I run a full 9.4.4 setup but started with a 5.2 system and a Denon x2300w (Martin Logan Motion 10’s, a Motion 8 for CC, Motion 4’s for surrounds and a pair of Def Tech SuperCube II’s for subs) I paid $500 for. Over the last few years through buying and selling and upgrading I’ve assembled a respectable system, although all lightly used I am well over the $15,000 retail mark and have spent less than $3500 in terms of the audio equipment. Modification to any of those Vizio, LG, Sony, etc soundbar solutions generally results in a reduction in overall performance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis