New Apple TV output not showing up on TV

M

MydogYuki

Audiophyte
Hi,
Just replaced old Apple TV with new one as old one had issues where the old Apple TV would reboot periodically.

That said I cannot get video and sound to show up when we replace the old Apple with the new one—absolutely no other changes other than swapping power, HDMI, and ethernet cable. However, if i switch back to the old Apple TV, we get full video and audio.

Our setup is a networked Apple TV plugged into a networked Pioneer AV VSX-LX503 via the Pioneer STRM-box input (same as old apple tv) on the back of the Pioneer. The Pioneer outputs video on “MAIN” to the Sony Bravia on the HDMI 2 input of the TV.
The new apple TV does not pass video on any of the HDMI inputs (eg SAT) on the back of the Pioneer VSX-L503. However, if I run an HDMI “patch” cord from the new Apple TV to the AUX input on the front of the Pioneer AV, we get full sound and video.
Any idea what is going on and how i can get the new Apple TV to work properly using the STRM BOX HDMI video input on the back of the Pioneer AV?
Thank you!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis