Misinformation Susceptibility Test

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The bros do call each other bro in posts here, though. ;)
On a golf forum I see a lot of that 'bro's'. But its only the younger crowd that's doing it. The older people, 55 and up seem to want to use your name or the posters member ID. More respectful I guess.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
On a golf forum I see a lot of that 'bro's'. But its only the younger crowd that's doing it. The older people, 55 and up seem to want to use your name or the posters member ID. More respectful I guess.
You can probably tell that someone worked at Guitar Center on that forum- they would address everyone with "Dude!".

FrankieBnm

FrankieBnm

Audiophyte
90% for detecting real news, or fake?

I didn't know the answers to a few questions, but just picked an answer to make it fast- 90% for real news, 70% for fake, but I rolled my eyes when I read a few questions. Second time, it showed

"
Congratulations!
You're more resilient to misinformation than 81% of the US population!
Your MIST results: 18/20
Veracity Discernment: 80% (ability to accurately distinguish real news from fake news)
Real News Detection: 80% (ability to correctly identify real news)
Fake News Detection: 100% (ability to correctly identify fake news)
Distrust/Naïvité: -2 (ranges from -10 to +10, overly skeptical to overly gullible)
Your ability to recognize real and fake news is great! You might be a bit skeptical when it comes to the news."
I got the same result, but now I would have been better served by this description "You suspect misinformation in real news more than 81% of the US population!"

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I got the same result, but now I would have been better served by this description "You suspect misinformation in real news more than 81% of the US population!"
Many of the statements were false, so resilience covers it pretty well I think.

highfigh

highfigh

Hey Dude or it could be Dudette :D
They seemed to be ahead of the curve by not using anything other than 'Dude!", as in "Dude! That guitar looks so good on you!", which was actually said to me, by one of their salespeople.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
They seemed to be ahead of the curve by not using anything other than 'Dude!", as in "Dude! That guitar looks so good on you!", which was actually said to me, by one of their salespeople.
Speaking of Guitar Center, I see they came out of bankruptcy after Covid, actually a few other music stores I know of went through the same thing and saw big sells on guitars and other musical instruments after Covid. Something that I am not that familiar with is Senior Secured Notes, it is like a Bond.

. Guitar Center in 2022
"Guitar Center Holdings, Inc. (the "Company" or "Guitar Center") today announced that its indirect subsidiary, Guitar Center, Inc. (the "Issuer"), has priced its previously announced offering of $200.0 million in aggregate principal amount of its 8.500% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 (the "Notes"), at an issue price of 100.500%, plus accrued interest, if any, from January 15, 2022. The Notes are being offered as additional notes under the same indenture as the previously issued $350.0 million aggregate principal amount of 8.500% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 and will be treated as a single series with such previously issued senior secured notes. The offering is subject to customary closing conditions. "" Is this a way for investors or GC to pay off debt ?

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
When I worked there, so many people bought guitars just on how they looked.

Same with when I sold TVs. I had a couple just walking around turning our displays off to see how it would look above their fireplace. Not a concern I'd ever have, but hey, they got their nice looking, never used TV.

FrankieBnm

FrankieBnm

Audiophyte
Speaking of Guitar Center, I see they came out of bankruptcy after Covid, actually a few other music stores I know of went through the same thing and saw big sells on guitars and other musical instruments after Covid. Something that I am not that familiar with is Senior Secured Notes, it is like a Bond.

. Guitar Center in 2022
"Guitar Center Holdings, Inc. (the "Company" or "Guitar Center") today announced that its indirect subsidiary, Guitar Center, Inc. (the "Issuer"), has priced its previously announced offering of $200.0 million in aggregate principal amount of its 8.500% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 (the "Notes"), at an issue price of 100.500%, plus accrued interest, if any, from January 15, 2022. The Notes are being offered as additional notes under the same indenture as the previously issued $350.0 million aggregate principal amount of 8.500% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 and will be treated as a single series with such previously issued senior secured notes. The offering is subject to customary closing conditions. "" Is this a way for investors or GC to pay off debt ?
Yep. The issuance of Senior Secured Notes was a strategic move to raise capital and address its financial obligations, providing a way to pay off debt and navigate through the post-pandemic recovery phase.

highfigh

highfigh

. Guitar Center in 2022
Hopefully, this will pay some of their past due- I can't imagine Fender and Gibson wrote off a billion dollars due.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Took the 16. Scored 14 out of 16, Decent score but then again I don't watch Fox news. :)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully, this will pay some of their past due- I can't imagine Fender and Gibson wrote off a billion dollars due.
Speaking of Fender during the pandemic :

Fender survived the knock.

“We had 16 million people pick up a guitar during the pandemic, 30 million worldwide. And the industry and Fender really benefited from that,” explains Fender’s CFO Matt Janopaul.

“Then, of course, we get to 2022 and people decide to start taking vacations or doing other things with their disposable income. Guitars were no longer the priority – and the tough call I had to make was dealing with retail partner cancellations of orders in the magnitude approaching $100 million.”

highfigh

highfigh

Speaking of Fender during the pandemic :

Fender survived the knock.

“We had 16 million people pick up a guitar during the pandemic, 30 million worldwide. And the industry and Fender really benefited from that,” explains Fender’s CFO Matt Janopaul.

“Then, of course, we get to 2022 and people decide to start taking vacations or doing other things with their disposable income. Guitars were no longer the priority – and the tough call I had to make was dealing with retail partner cancellations of orders in the magnitude approaching $100 million.”
Boating and RV-ing saw similar increases in sales and guess who's selling their boats and RVs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis