Misinformation Susceptibility Test

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Study being conducted by the University of Cambridge. I got 90%.
90% for detecting real news, or fake?

I didn't know the answers to a few questions, but just picked an answer to make it fast- 90% for real news, 70% for fake, but I rolled my eyes when I read a few questions. Second time, it showed

"
Congratulations!
You're more resilient to misinformation than 81% of the US population!
Your MIST results: 18/20
Veracity Discernment: 80% (ability to accurately distinguish real news from fake news)
Real News Detection: 80% (ability to correctly identify real news)
Fake News Detection: 100% (ability to correctly identify fake news)
Distrust/Naïvité: -2 (ranges from -10 to +10, overly skeptical to overly gullible)
Your ability to recognize real and fake news is great! You might be a bit skeptical when it comes to the news."

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
90% for detecting real news, or fake?

I didn't know the answers to a few questions, but just picked an answer to make it fast- 90% for real news, 70% for fake, but I rolled my eyes when I read a few questions. Second time, it showed

"
Congratulations!
You're more resilient to misinformation than 81% of the US population!
Your MIST results: 18/20
Veracity Discernment: 80% (ability to accurately distinguish real news from fake news)
Real News Detection: 80% (ability to correctly identify real news)
Distrust/Naïvité: -2 (ranges from -10 to +10, overly skeptical to overly gullible)
Your ability to recognize real and fake news is great! You might be a bit skeptical when it comes to the news."
I got 90% overall (19/20). I got all of the fake news questions correct, but I thought one of the real news questions was fake.
I didn't know the answers to some with complete certainty either. But, being generally well-informed, one can often divine the correct answer. And yes, for some of the questions, you'd definitely have to be a tinfoil hatter. But, some people do get those wrong.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I got 20/20 but I'll admit I guessed on some questions.

Congratulations!
You're more resilient to misinformation than 96% of the US population!

Your MIST results: 20/20
Veracity Discernment: 100% (ability to accurately distinguish real news from fake news)
Real News Detection: 100% (ability to correctly identify real news)
Distrust/Naïvité: 0 (ranges from -10 to +10, overly skeptical to overly gullible)
Your ability to recognize real and fake news is great! You are neither too skeptical nor too gullible when it comes to the news.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Took it, hit submit, and it just sat there, and sat there

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Took it, hit submit, and it just sat there, and sat there
Same here and after a long while filled a few details, like age. But got no score: Just a question to once again agree to the privacy policy.

highfigh

highfigh

I got 90% overall (19/20). I got all of the fake news questions correct, but I thought one of the real news questions was fake.
I didn't know the answers to some with complete certainty either. But, being generally well-informed, one can often divine the correct answer. And yes, for some of the questions, you'd definitely have to be a tinfoil hatter. But, some people do get those wrong.
I changed three answers during the second test, intentionally- one was correct the first time and the score reflects that.

WRT tin foil hat- you mean the ones about vaccines containing toxins, government messing with the climate, etc? Yeah, those are the ones that made me roll my eyes.

highfigh

highfigh

Well that's just something you just don't see every day

Did ya know : The famous Oscar Mayer Wienermobile is getting a new name, the Frankmobile, as the brand focuses on its all-beef franks. True or False
I installed a stereo in one of those- comfort wasn't a priority when they were designed.

I would rate it as possible since so many people hate beef and prefer to eat birds or vegetation.

What would you think if they used Venison? It's a better choice than Cow, but they would need to be farm-raised and CWD would need to be avoided.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I installed a stereo in one of those- comfort wasn't a priority when they were designed.

I would rate it as possible since so many people hate beef and prefer to eat birds or vegetation.

What would you think if they used Venison? It's a better choice than Cow, but they would need to be farm-raised and CWD would need to be avoided.
Actually : true May 17, 2023 from the Kraft Heinz Company.

good old backstrap but that means less deer. Just eat more Cow & Pig.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I changed three answers during the second test, intentionally- one was correct the first time and the score reflects that.

WRT tin foil hat- you mean the ones about vaccines containing toxins, government messing with the climate, etc? Yeah, those are the ones that made me roll my eyes.
You rolled your eyes; many others out there gobbled it up as facts. :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Congratulations!
You're more resilient to misinformation than 89% of the US population!
Your MIST results: 19/20
Veracity Discernment: 90% (ability to accurately distinguish real news from fake news)
Real News Detection: 90% (ability to correctly identify real news)
Distrust/Naïvité: -1 (ranges from -10 to +10, overly skeptical to overly gullible)
Your ability to recognize real and fake news is great! You might be a bit skeptical when it comes to the news.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Should have been a Trump Misinformation Test, but fine, whatever, be that way. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis