L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Or you could be a CEO....

I was always amazed that guys in the locker room figured they could run the company better than the CEO. I often told them they should have gone to CEO school.
Or you could realize that collectively the current ceo's are well on their way to ruining the greatest economy in history based on their own greed and ability through deregulation to basically print money for themselves while letting bottom tier workers starve...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I hated ATT. They wasted so much of my time during calls to tech support and CS and I'll never get it back but disconnecting the call on my own (they did that too often) wouldn't have ended with any kind of decent resolution. Inept is the best word for the way they handled my calls, for myself and my customers who were unfortunate enough to be their customers. We all left and went to Spectrum- while it hasn't always been painless, it has been an improvement.
Cox is getting that way as well... Unfortunately they are basically a monopoly here as far as internet..

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Or you could realize that collectively the current ceo's are well on their way to ruining the greatest economy in history based on their own greed and ability through deregulation to basically print money for themselves while letting bottom tier workers starve...
Such bullshit.

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
I'm totally unable to work without pain ... My back literally is shaped like an s...my right leg is about 3 inches shorter than my left and i have no coordination in my right hand...The basis of my bitch is that it's socially acceptable that people like me have to make decisions based on homelessness vs working when work is obviously not a good idea...
This is Merica. Get off yer ass and make yourself useful. Corporate America isn't done with you until you're in the ground.

I'm not nearly as miserable as you, but getting to the point where I just can't do anything that involves lifting, moving, walking, or being on a workstation longer than 2 hours. My lower back is finished, and my arthritis is moving much faster than it should be. At 62, I'm feeling pretty used up. I have no pension, or retirement plan to speak of. I've seen the future and I'm hoping I just drop dead from a heart attack.

American Exceptionalism might have been a thing at some point, but not anymore. If you haven't noticed, you're not paying attention -- or watching too much FOX News.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Such bullshit.
Save it skippy.. I know you think I'm just a whiny taker... You come off the same way the " got mine , fuk everybody else" crowd.. So I'll make you an offer...lay off trolling me , no matter how tempting it is, and i'll do the same for you... Or not. And we can continue this dumpster fire dialog until the mods need to intervene... And a little secret...that's not going to ruin my day.. Your call rich boy...

Last edited:
S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
When you pay into something your entire life, and then you start using what's yours, how is that "taking".

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
This is Merica. Get off yer ass and make yourself useful. Corporate America isn't done with you until you're in the ground.

I'm not nearly as miserable as you, but getting to the point where I just can't do anything that involves lifting, moving, walking, or being on a workstation longer than 2 hours. My lower back is finished, and my arthritis is moving much faster than it should be. At 62, I'm feeling pretty used up. I have no pension, or retirement plan to speak of. I've seen the future and I'm hoping I just drop dead from a heart attack.

American Exceptionalism might have been a thing at some point, but not anymore. If you haven't noticed, you're not paying attention -- or watching too much FOX News.
The sad part is that guys like Irv really think they have it all figured out.. What he doesn't realize is that if he got dumped cross town in a big city and didn't have a phone he couldn't get home without $100 for cab fare...me , i could visit the next city over on $5 because assholes like him vote into office guys that mke that skill necessary

Sounds like you're in the same boat.. Guys like irv , who work off a trust fund and have always had unearned income to live off of just never get that sometimes life gets in the way of being what he wants us to be...there is a universal right wing thought that " if you can work" you have no other choice.. Which is of course a false narrative.. I qualify for disability , I'm sure you do as well.. The point is : we qualify as disabled.. Why does that *have* to come with a life sentence to be at SUB POVERTY income levels.. I guess that old " there's so much welfare fraud" at the recipient level that it warrants taking money from everyone in the system , which is what happens.. Ibcan see tightening up qualifications, which would leave me in place... Funny story.. When i applied for disability at age 44 after working 25 years in blue collar jobs with no retirement programs i had to go to the social security doctor to be examined.. The doctor actually told me that i qualified the minute she saw me...i think the phrase she used was " a picture is worth a thousand words "... But .. Some folks , like our boy irv, are actually mad at us takers.. It's going to be tough for him to afford that 2 nd vacation house .. It's my fault you see.. Us poor folks have all his money...

S

Sadie42

Audioholic Intern
That we have a "working poor" in this country is embarrassing. That we have disabled people struggling is even worse.

Bezos makes over $3000 a second, while his employees have to wear diapers to make it through the day because taking a bathroom break incurs punitive action. So yeah, eat the rich -- it's ridiculous. They should be taxed at the same rate they were being taxed at under Eisenhower, who in my opinion was the last real Republican.

That would take care of the living wage problem, the working poor problem, and healthcare. Go ahead - run the numbers.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I have never had a problem with welfare, social security disability benefits etc. i have been in situations in my life when I didn’t eat except for free lunch in school. America is too rich of a country to not take care of people that need help.

My life monumentally and fundamentally changed because I got 1 opportunity and made the most out of it. “There but for the grace of God go I”, is a real thing to me.

America’s labor and compensation structure has it roots in slavery. The idea of American meritocracy....is a fancy belief system that says, “pick faster”, and if you are unable to pick we have no use for you.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I have never had a problem with welfare, social security disability benefits etc. i have been in situations in my life when I didn’t eat except for free lunch in school. America is too rich of a country to not take care of people that need help.

My life monumentally and fundamentally changed because I got 1 opportunity and made the most out of it. “There but for the grace of God go I”, is a real thing to me.

America’s labor and compensation structure has it roots in slavery. The idea of American meritocracy....is a fancy belief system that says, “pick faster”, and if you are unable to pick we have no use for you.
"pick faster , and with less waves" is how they still treat even fortunate "others" .. witness Kaepernick

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Any i
That we have a "working poor" in this country is embarrassing. That we have disabled people struggling is even worse.

Bezos makes over $3000 a second, while his employees have to wear diapers to make it through the day because taking a bathroom break incurs punitive action. So yeah, eat the rich -- it's ridiculous. They should be taxed at the same rate they were being taxed at under Eisenhower, who in my opinion was the last real Republican.

That would take care of the living wage problem, the working poor problem, and healthcare. Go ahead - run the numbers.
I hate singling out Bezos, but do you have any idea how much money Amazon workers would be paid if it were unionized? The only real leverage workers have is their collective labor.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Any i

I hate singling out Bezos, but do you have any idea how much money Amazon workers would be paid if it were unionized? The only real leverage workers have is their collective labor.
and Biden sided with the workers in a recent speech.. when's the last time we had a pro union prez? FDR?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
When you pay into something your entire life, and then you start using what's yours, how is that "taking".
It isn't. Disability payments and Medicare are not taking, and that's not the issue I have with lp85253. He advocates tearing down the entire system, accuses every large company and every corporate executive of being inherently bad, and wants others to pay their fair share, whatever that is. All of this other stuff is being a taker.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
and Biden sided with the workers in a recent speech.. when's the last time we had a pro union prez? FDR?
Kennedy. He's the president who signed the executive order in 1962 allowing federal employees to join unions.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
That's ridiculous.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Bezos makes over $3000 a second, while his employees have to wear diapers to make it through the day because taking a bathroom break incurs punitive action. So yeah, eat the rich -- it's ridiculous.
How is Bezos making $3000/sec? I figure in the past few months he has lost tens of billions of dollars.

More silliness. Tell us the numbers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis