Mini Philharmonitor with RAAL ribbon

A

aarons915

Enthusiast
Bought these around Thanksgiving to see what all the RAAL fuss is about and while they are very nice speakers, I'm happy enough with my cheaper ones so I'm selling these. Mine are the ported versions.

http://www.philharmonicaudio.com/Mini-Monitor.html

Local pickup in Cincinnati welcome. Looking to get $700 for these. Have all the original packaging if shipping is necessary.

Attachments

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! The Mini-Monitors looks fantastic! I see that you also own the KEF LS50's how do these two compare? If I had the money right now I would be all over this. Trying to pay some things off before opting for my new speakers. But, any info you can give me would be of great help. Best wishes with the sale! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

A

aarons915

Enthusiast
Hey Phil, the LS50 and the Mini Monitors are similar on the low end, in my room they both have good bass response till about 50Hz. I know the Mini Phils are billed as "surround speakers" but they do just as good as mains as any bookshelf size speakers I've had. The main differences are due to the high frequencies and the concentric driver of the LS50. The LS50 are more forward and I'm listening without any toe-in because the on axis is a little bright. The Mini Phils are neutral and maybe a bit laid back to my ear, definitely non fatiguing as many have said about the RAAL ribbon. I'm actually only borrowing the LS50 until Monday so the verdict is still out on them but they're definitely nice speakers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Phil, the LS50 and the Mini Monitors are similar on the low end, in my room they both have good bass response till about 50Hz. I know the Mini Phils are billed as "surround speakers" but they do just as good as mains as any bookshelf size speakers I've had. The main differences are due to the high frequencies and the concentric driver of the LS50. The LS50 are more forward and I'm listening without any toe-in because the on axis is a little bright. The Mini Phils are neutral and maybe a bit laid back to my ear, definitely non fatiguing as many have said about the RAAL ribbon. I'm actually only borrowing the LS50 until Monday so the verdict is still out on them but they're definitely nice speakers.
Thanks Aaron for the insights! How is the low end on the Mini-Monitors when compared to the Diamond 220's? No plans to use a sub here. Whatever I choose will be used for music only in the near-field. Most at my desktop setup. My room is not very big and I do not listen at absurd levels. Thanks once again.

Cheers,

Phil

A

aarons915

Enthusiast
I find the Mini Phils to be about the same as similar size bookshelf speakers, the ones I've have recently include the ARX A1, Diamond 220, Mini Phil and LS50, all are good to about 50Hz which I think is fine For most music.

I can't figure out how to edit my original post but I'm now including shipping to the continental 48 for $700 for anyone interested in these.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I find the Mini Phils to be about the same as similar size bookshelf speakers, the ones I've have recently include the ARX A1, Diamond 220, Mini Phil and LS50, all are good to about 50Hz which I think is fine For most music.

I can't figure out how to edit my original post but I'm now including shipping to the continental 48 for $700 for anyone interested in these.
Thanks Aaron for the info. That is a good deal on the Phil Mini's. Will keep my eye out for you should I find someone looking for them. Wish you the best w/the sale.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis