B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Totally disappointed with the Canadian 4K release of this movie. For some reason this release does not include Atmos. For the price they charge you think you would have it

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That’s crazy. I just bought the US 2k BD and it has Atmos. I can’t believe the 4K version doesn’t. It’s really too bad, as the Atmos track is very very well done. Can you get one somehow? From what I read, the “other” soundtrack is really good. Still though, how dumb.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I can order from amazon.com but it’s even more because of exchange

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The US 4K version of Midway has Atmos. I they didn't think Canadians have Atmos. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah maybe Canadians can’t tell the difference. I do like some Canadian bacon on my pizza
Yeah those BluRay people are totally dissing Canadians by not including Atmos in their 4K BD. What a ripoff.

thrillcat

thrillcat

Audioholic Intern
I’m guessing it’s a licensing issue that makes it less “worth it” for the studio to include in certain regions unless it expects large sales volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I tried finding out the reason on the net but couldn’t find anything

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think ”Midway” should have been nominated for Best Picture, instead of “1917”.

“Midway” was exciting from beginning to end. “1917“ was boring from begetting to end.

The real reason those Oscars people didn’t nominate “Midway” was because it would have kicked Parasite‘s a$$. :D

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I think ”Midway” should have been nominated for Best Picture, instead of “1917”.

“Midway” was exciting from beginning to end. “1917“ was boring from begetting to end.

The real reason those Oscars people didn’t nominate “Midway” was because it would have kicked Parasite‘s a$$. :D
I totally agree 1917 was a bit of a snooze fest there really wasn’t much to to it

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for saving me from 1917.
Oh, come on. Watch "1917" and let us know if you agree with me that they copied Dances with Wolves, Saving Private Ryan, Hacksaw Ridge, and probably every other war movie. :D

Also let me know if you would risk your life and the life of your best friend to save the life of your enemy in a war? :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I actually read that 1917 was an intense!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I actually read that 1917 was an intense!
Have you seen "1917"?

Plot: guy is sent on a mission to deliver a message to an army commander and save his brother's life from enemy ambush. :D

AKA - Saving Private Ryan Part 2. :D

Subplot 1: Do no harm. Save the life of your enemy even if it means risking your own life and the life of your best friend.

AKA- Hacksaw Ridge Part 2. :D

Subplot 2: Run across the battlefield and let your enemy shoot at you.

AKA - Dances with Wolves Part 2. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Have you seen it?

Plot: guy is sent on a mission to deliver a message to an army commander and save his brother's life from enemy ambush. :D
Lol. No I haven’t. The trailer looked pretty cool, but then I saw you guys posting about snoozefest and stuff lol. What I had seen elsewhere was that it was pretty “edge of the seat”. Guess I’ll have to watch!!! I was going to anyway...

I do know they filmed it in a very unique way. I thought it would be interesting because of that at least. And I pray that they didn’t massacre the soundtrack like Dunkirk. Can’t believe that dog turd won sound awards...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Lol. No I haven’t. The trailer looked pretty cool, but then I saw you guys posting about snoozefest and stuff lol. What I had seen elsewhere was that it was pretty “edge of the seat”. Guess I’ll have to watch!!! I was going to anyway...

I do know they filmed it in a very unique way. I thought it would be interesting because of that at least. And I pray that they didn’t massacre the soundtrack like Dunkirk. Can’t believe that dog turd won sound awards...
Well, "1917" was shot using 4.5K Digital Camera so Picture Quality is excellent. Other than that, I don't see how the filming was unique.

In comparison, "Midway" was shot using 8K Digital Camera. :D

Other videos shot using 8K digital cameras: Seven Worlds One Planet, Mission Impossible Fallout, Captain Marvel, Maleficent Mistress of Evil, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, and Mortal Engines.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis