Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
we'll be heading to my sons house this afternoon to enjoy a great meal of NY Strips done sous vide, smashed potatoes and roasted veggies, prefaced of course with a superb Manhattan ! So from our house to yours.....Merry Christmas and a prayer we can put this Covid mess in the rear view mirror next year !

Xmas TreePG.JPG

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
A merry Christmas to one and all.

Our Festivities are getting completed.

My wife made a traditional English Christmas cake and decorated it a couple of days ago.

This is a traditional Victorian cake. The ornaments are handed down from my wife's great-grandmother. So this is what a nineteenth century cake would look like. The recipe is also ancient and so is a genuine taste of old England. They are wonderful.

About six weeks ago we made the traditional English pudding referred to in ancient times as Figgy-pudding.

This will get another cooking tomorrow, and then have brady poured over it, and brought to the table alight.

This is cooked in my grandmother's steam boiler, where there is water in the lower container, and it passes up to the upper one though a steam tube. So the pudding cooks in the condensed steam.

So we celebrate Christmas day and Boxing day. It is always a good two day bash.

I listened to the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols live from Kings College Chapel Cambridge live this morning. It was 9:00 AM CST, but 3:00 PM GMT.

Here is a link to the Christmas concert from St.Olaf College, Northfield from a couple of weeks ago. They put on a fantastic show each Christmas. The Audio and video are fantastic. I'm sure many of you would enjoy this, as well as giving your systems a work out. Enjoy!

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
We had our family Christmas, 2 weekends ago. Wife is fixing a Pot Roast tomorrow and watch the Packers! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I missed the tradition of snowboard in Christmas Eve this year too icy but making ham, funeral potatoes.

Breakfast casserole for tomorrow morning.

Carols and Christmas stories tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

G

gholt

Full Audioholic

My wife made a traditional English Christmas cake and decorated it a couple of days ago.

This is a traditional Victorian cake. The ornaments are handed down from my wife's great-grandmother. So this is what a nineteenth century cake would look like. The recipe is also ancient and so is a genuine taste of old England. They are wonderful.

About six weeks ago we made the traditional English pudding referred to in ancient times as Figgy-pudding.

This will get another cooking tomorrow, and then have brady poured over it, and brought to the table alight.

This is cooked in my grandmother's steam boiler, where there is water in the lower container, and it passes up to the upper one though a steam tube. So the pudding cooks in the condensed steam.

I listened to the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols live from Kings College Chapel Cambridge live this morning. It was 9:00 AM CST, but 3:00 PM GMT.

Here is a link to the Christmas concert from St.Olaf College, Northfield from a couple of weeks ago. They put on a fantastic show each Christmas. The Audio and video are fantastic. I'm sure many of you would enjoy this, as well as giving your systems a work out. Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing. The streaming quality is great. They must just good mics and equipment. Listening to it tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Merry Christmas!!! Just found out that my niece is pregnant!!!! She wanted to tell everyone in person today as a suprise. What a beautiful Christmas present to know that we are getting a new addition to our family! We have always been close and I am so proud of her and just so happy to see the woman she's become and to be a part of this!!!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
"May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve." - Anon.
1E95C877-DD5B-4D88-9C07-22944A1242D0.jpeg

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Listened to it this morning - fantastic performance! Thanks for the link.

Billy106

Billy106

Audioholic Intern
Merry Christmas to all the AH members and their extended families.
Any surprises this year...or your typical husband & dad or gifts?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Stella. Spumanti. Stella. Spumanti. Football. More football. Driving around for Xmas lights. Open gifts. Get more drunk. 11am here and I've already started drinking.:cool::)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis