Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought you were married, you should be used to this. :p
I'm a slow learner.:rolleyes:

Doctor told me it would have to be in my system at least 3 weeks before they started working. :eek:
I went to wiki to see if I could find something funny about the efficacy rates of antipsychotics.

The majority of patients treated with an antipsychotic drug will experience a response within 4 weeks.
I enjoy the odd stuff I learn having a few laughs here. Given the quality of the forum membership in general, my aspiration is to not be rude first. However killdozzer's raw stupidity needs no such consideration. He's actually on my ignore list and flies under my radar but shows up under reactions received. Lucky me.

On the topic of medicare for all, it's obvious some people won't work toward earning health coverage and some companies work hard to not provide health coverage. Good luck legislating those two groups into acting right. When you factor in that legislation is made by a third group who thinks ethics really means 'what you can get away with', there is no light at the end of this tunnel.

Not having a solution doesn't invalidate my observations. I've talked to a Canadian friend about a couple of individual medical cases and he responded with national statistics. I'm not capable of approaching a problem from a huge scale and he can't be convinced that a couple of isolated cases represent a systemic flaw. Still, he's wrong and I'm right. :)

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a slow learner.:rolleyes:

I went to wiki to see if I could find something funny about the efficacy rates of antpsychotics.

I enjoy the odd stuff I learn having a few laughs here. Given the quality of the forum membership in general, my aspiration is to not be rude first. However killdozzer's raw stupidity needs no such consideration. He's actually on my ignore list and flies under my radar but shows up under reactions received. Lucky me.

On the topic of medicare for all, it's obvious some people won't work toward earning health coverage and some companies work hard to not provide health coverage. Good luck legislating those two groups into acting right. When you factor in that legislation is made by a third group who thinks ethics really means 'what you can get away with', there is no light at the end of this tunnel.

Not having a solution doesn't invalidate my observations. I've talked to a Canadian friend about a couple of individual medical cases and he responded with national statistics. I'm not capable of approaching a problem from a huge scale and he can't be convinced that a couple of isolated cases represent a systemic flaw. Still, he's wrong and I'm right. :)
I hear ya. I'm fortunate that my wife's company provides excellent healthcare and I'd hate to loose it. Couldn't imagine going thru the back surgery without it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well said.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Here's another example of price gouging by the US pharmaceutical business.

It's time for me to get a colonoscopy. I'm all for screening for colon cancer. The major reduction in deaths since the mid 1990s in the USA due to colon cancer has been entirely due to better screening – colonoscopy. The treatments work only if the disease hasn't spread outside of the colon. Once the disease metastasizes, patients rarely survive longer than 3 or 4 years. The earlier stages of colon cancer often go undetected without colonoscopy. The trouble is, in the USA, only about 50% of the eligible population actually gets scoped out. The other half would rather live in denial.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, it's really not so bad. It's the prep you have to do the day before that is no fun. About 20 years ago, an inexpensive over-the-counter product, called Fleet's Phospho-Soda, was used. Two doses really cleaned you out. The only problem was that it delivered a heavy dose of sodium to the taker. In some older people with heart conditions, that much sodium could lead to life threatening problems.

So, gastrointestinal (GI) docs stopped prescribing that, and substituted large quantities of another inexpensive over-the-counter product called MiraLax. It didn't have the whopping amount of sodium, but you had to drink large amounts (2 or 4 liters, if I recall) of concentrated MiraLax. It wasn't really nasty, but drinking that much was difficult. And the GI docs claimed the MiraLax prep did a only so-so job of cleaning you out.

Bring on Big Pharma American style marketing. For my next colonoscopy, I was prescribed a new product called Suprep. I was told it works as well as the old Fleet's Phospho-soda without the high sodium risk, and without the feeling of being up-to-your-eyeballs with MiraLax.

The first problem – it's by prescription only. Then I found out today its expensive – $105 for two doses!! I looked up what's in it: sodium sulfate, potassium sulfate, and magnesium sulfate. These are all dirt cheap inorganic salt compounds. The only real difference is that there less sodium overall, and a more physiologically correct balance of sodium and potassium. I doubt if any Research and/or Development was involved with this product.

So the marketing practices of Big Pharma took inexpensive over-the-counter products, and substituted an over-priced prescription-only product. Some might call that smart. I call it arrogant & greedy.

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
My gastro doc said, this is what we've got, take your choice.

CLENPIQ colon prep
PLENVU colon prep
NuLytely colon prep
SuPrep colon prep

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Here's another example of price gouging by the US pharmaceutical business.

It's time for me to get a colonoscopy. I'm all for screening for colon cancer. The major reduction in deaths since the mid 1990s in the USA due to colon cancer has been entirely due to better screening – colonoscopy. The treatments work only if the disease hasn't spread outside of the colon. Once the disease metastasizes, patients rarely survive longer than 3 or 4 years. The earlier stages of colon cancer often go undetected without colonoscopy. The trouble is, in the USA, only about 50% of the eligible population actually gets scoped out. The other half would rather live in denial.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, it's really not so bad. It's the prep you have to do the day before that is no fun. About 20 years ago, an inexpensive over-the-counter product, called Fleet's Phospho-Soda, was used. Two doses really cleaned you out. The only problem was that it delivered a heavy dose of sodium to the taker. In some older people with heart conditions, that much sodium could lead to life threatening problems.

So, gastrointestinal (GI) docs stopped prescribing that, and substituted large quantities of another inexpensive over-the-counter product called MiraLax. It didn't have the whopping amount of sodium, but you had to drink large amounts (2 or 4 liters, if I recall) of concentrated MiraLax. It wasn't really nasty, but drinking that much was difficult. And the GI docs claimed the MiraLax prep did a only so-so job of cleaning you out.

Bring on Big Pharma American style marketing. For my next colonoscopy, I was prescribed a new product called Suprep. I was told it works as well as the old Fleet's Phospho-soda without the high sodium risk, and without the feeling of being up-to-your-eyeballs with MiraLax.

The first problem – it's by prescription only. Then I found out today its expensive – $105 for two doses!! I looked up what's in it: sodium sulfate, potassium sulfate, and magnesium sulfate. These are all dirt cheap inorganic salt compounds. The only real difference is that there less sodium overall, and a more physiologically correct balance of sodium and potassium.

So the marketing practices of Big Pharma took inexpensive over-the-counter products, and substituted an over-priced prescription-only product. Some might call that smart. I call it arrogant & greedy.
I started doing a gradual prep so the day before I wouldn't shock my system to bad. I just plant for system cleanse and it's not bad at all. I'm on the 3yr plan after being on the annual for 3 years straight.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
All this talk about colon prep made me wonder if you guys are having a Twister Tournament without me?

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Just out of curiosity, did he recommend one?
He left that decision totally up to me, but we discussed at length each one with the pros and cons. I chose one that was a 2-part dose. In the end (sorry I couldn't resist), they're all the same, they all produce the same results. Be close to a bathroom with soft paper, Vasoline, Tucks and Witch Hazel. The reason I didn't give a brand name is because what worked for me might not work for you. Communicate with your doc.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
He left that decision totally up to me, but we discussed at length each one with the pros and cons. I chose one that was a 2-part dose. In the end (sorry I couldn't resist), they're all the same, they all produce the same results. Be close to a bathroom with soft paper, Vasoline, Tucks and Witch Hazel. The reason I didn't give a brand name is because what worked for me might not work for you. Communicate with your doc.
What's the Witch Hazel for?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
An old home remedy for inflammation and cleaning wounds.
A bourbon soaked tampon sounds like way more fun.

I think we'll need a lot of it if Sanders or Warren is elected.
May as well include Trump in that line up. I'd really prefer it if you referred to the other two as Larry David and Pocahontas. I heard about 2 minutes of some debate where those two spoke. It turned into an argument about whether or not 1990 was 30 years ago. I can't vote anyway so my head's going back in the sand.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis