G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Our Healthcare system is deafly broken in this country. I’m sure you guys know The medical industry is responsible for over 40 to 80K deaths in this country every year alone for Misdiagnosis and they get paid very well for doing it to. A Cop kills someone he could get life in Prison. A Doctor miss Diagnosis someone that person dies from his/hers Incompetence they can get sued or maybe their License to practice taking away to but that’s about it.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Can you link sources for your assertion?
I read a Article on MSN, umm about two weeks ago but no I can’t on that Specific Article. I’m going google it right now see if i can find it.

@Out of Phase, my bad bro it’s 40 to 80k every year. but still that’s a lot who didn’t needlessly need to die.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
It's incredible how some people here think that if people live healthy* lifestyles they will never have a need for healthcare. All or nothing thinking.

(*define healthy)
That's not what anyone is saying here. However, there should be an incentive for not smoking, limiting alcohol consumption, not using recreational drugs, not being obese, not eating junk food... at least making the effort to maintain good health.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Our Healthcare system is deafly broken in this country. I’m sure you guys know The medical industry is responsible for over 40 to 80K deaths in this country every year alone for Misdiagnosis and they get paid very well for doing it to. A Cop kills someone he could get life in Prison. A Doctor miss Diagnosis someone that person dies from his/hers Incompetence they can get sued or maybe their License to practice taking away to but that’s about it.
I don't know how police officers got mixed into this, but physicians already are personally liable for things like misdiagnosis and other harm. That's why they have to carry malpractice insurance. Many do lose their license to practice.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's incredible how some people here think that if people live healthy* lifestyles they will never have a need for healthcare. All or nothing thinking.

(*define healthy)
That's not the point- if someone plays Russian Roulette with their health on a regular basis and they're on subsidized insurance, should they be allowed to continue, or should the providers be allowed to impose some rules on what they eat or ingest? Part of the problem in this is that it's a lot cheaper to eat fast food than to make meals with food from a grocery store.

Everyone needs health care, at some point and for some reason, including heredity and accidents. If problems can be prevented, why not try to prevent them?

'Healthy' doesn't put the person at risk just by doing/eating/drinking something. If someone can lose weight just by walking but they refuse to do that even when their doctor recommended it, whose fault is it WHEN they end up obese with cardio-vascular diseases, Diabetes or other ailments?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If a doctor is negligent, they can be prosecuted but misdiagnosis isn't always malicious. If a cop murders someone, they get prison but if it's self-defense, they hold an inquest to find out if it was justified.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
All of the points made here for a responsible, healthy lifestyle can be incorporated into a new single-payer healthcare plan. We will all win.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Why should taxpayers/anyone else subsidize peoples' unhealthy life choices?
That wasn't the point, which is that no matter how healthy one is, they are going to die, and chances are that before death they will spend a grip on healthcare costs. That's where the bulk of health expenditures happen, end of life care. We're all going to need it. How it's paid for should be handled similarly to how other mutually necessary services are, not outsourced to the legalized extortion racket of modern day private health insurers.

As far as subsidizing unhealthy behaviors, I think we're stuck with the obese, unhealthy population we have, not the one as we wish it to be, and it would be unethical to deny healthcare based on some healthy lifestyle litmus test. I can understand those who don't want to pay for such self inflicted damage, it's not fair. Smokers and the obese should pay higher premiums, simple as that (even in a public option insurance plan).

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
That's not the point- if someone plays Russian Roulette with their health on a regular basis and they're on subsidized insurance, should they be allowed to continue, or should the providers be allowed to impose some rules on what they eat or ingest? Part of the problem in this is that it's a lot cheaper to eat fast food than to make meals with food from a grocery store.

Everyone needs health care, at some point and for some reason, including heredity and accidents. If problems can be prevented, why not try to prevent them?

'Healthy' doesn't put the person at risk just by doing/eating/drinking something. If someone can lose weight just by walking but they refuse to do that even when their doctor recommended it, whose fault is it WHEN they end up obese with cardio-vascular diseases, Diabetes or other ailments?
Thats an issue I've noticed in conversations with anyone, no one talks about prevention. No, every instance cannot be prevented, but are we talking about health insurance plans or health care plans? Most people I've noticed could care less about themselves and think doctors are only seen if an issue arises. You might still end up with cancer but, its alot easier to treat when diagnosed at an early stage. Most insurance policies include an annual exam, how many people actually use it...

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I can understand those who don't want to pay for such self inflicted damage, it's not fair. Smokers and the obese should pay higher premiums, simple as that (even in a public option insurance plan).
That's all I'm saying.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
That wasn't the point, which is that no matter how healthy one is, they are going to die, and chances are that before death they will spend a grip on healthcare costs. That's where the bulk of health expenditures happen, end of life care. We're all going to need it. How it's paid for should be handled similarly to how other mutually necessary services are, not outsourced to the legalized extortion racket of modern day private health insurers.

As far as subsidizing unhealthy behaviors, I think we're stuck with the obese, unhealthy population we have, not the one as we wish it to be, and it would be unethical to deny healthcare based on some healthy lifestyle litmus test. I can understand those who don't want to pay for such self inflicted damage, it's not fair. Smokers and the obese should pay higher premiums, simple as that (even in a public option insurance plan).
I agree smokers and the like pay a premium but where does the trickle down end. How much fast food does one eat, fried food, daily water intake, exercise, hell break it down to sugary drinks...everyone's lifestyles are different, theres still the one solid issue that is for some reason soo ignorant to say; Take Responsibility Of Your Self.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"Most insurance policies include an annual exam, how many people actually use it..."

Do you have links to your sources?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
I agree smokers and the like pay a premium but where does the trickle down end. How much fast food does one eat, fried food, daily water intake, exercise, hell break it down to sugary drinks...everyone's lifestyles are different
Some civil libertarian types might bristle at the prospect of private insurance companies or, the horror!, the government dictating approved lifestyles. Where do YOU draw the line? Did you support the ACA's mandate? That was a policy that seemed to address this aspect (personal vs. shared responsibility).

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Some civil libertarian types might bristle at the prospect of private insurance companies or, the horror!, the government dictating approved lifestyles. Where do YOU draw the line? Did you support the ACA's mandate? That was a policy that seemed to address this aspect (personal vs. shared responsibility).
Me personally, not sure where to draw the line. Smoking is terrible and known diseases to back it, obesity and alcohol the same.
My question or comments on where to draw the line stem from the notion that if 'I' dont do it then why must I pay the same as someone that does. There are instances where smokers pay a 'premium' but is it really fair? Do we treat health like auto; the more points you have the higher the premiums? Again, are we going towards health INSURANCE as a whole or health CARE. The main focuse on the health industry is insurance, not prevention, annual exams, wellness exams or the like. If it's going to be treated solely on principles of insurance then I'd have to say yes to a 'point system' where poor decisions will net higher premiums.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
That means that over half (the majority) take advantage of it and get checked out. That article is from 2015. Currently, the number of people who participate in wellness exams may be higher.

Last edited:
P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
That means that over half take advantage of it and get checked out. That article is from 2015. Currently, the number of people who participate in wellness exams may be higher.
I apologize for my 'most' remark by a rough yield of 10%

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis