Meaning of life, existence, etc.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
... The history of the Catholic Church could have been very different if they had simply allowed priests to marry and have families.
The rampant paedophilia and raping perhaps would have been less. Burning people alive, slavery, genocide, murdering children (see Canada as a recent news example) and otherwise being a malignant influence, not so much.

Kansas (a red state with a small population) just voted to protect abortion rights as it is today, at least. Guess who put millions into opposing this: The Catholic Church. That church could have chosen to pay off the children they raped over the decades.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The history of the Catholic Church could have been very different if they had simply allowed priests to marry and have families.
Historically they've gone back and forth on that.

Edit: I remembered reading something to that effect that made me think their policy had allowed it at some brief periods but a quick look at:

provided me with tons more info.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Treat people how you want to be treated.
Try to leave a place a little better than you found it.
Agreed and I'll add to try to learn from your mistakes and tell the truth. So sad that truth doesn't matter much these days.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think that umm, There are more Bad people then there are good, and umm if your good you'll live forever, and if your bad, You Die when You Die... your bad you'll die when you die...bad...bad...bad .die when you die...die......die..:cool:. GFRR. ;)

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok jokes aside I've always felt it's to be as kind and loving as I know how to be and to try to be a little better Dan each day then Dan was the day before.

Some days I feel like I've got some making up to do for the day before. Okay maybe a lot of making up to do. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, just enjoy your time with your loved ones.

From Contact: The only thing that gives us meaning is each other.

Try this thread. I think the meaning of life is in there somewhere.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I had a brain fart when writing that post. I meant Life of Brian.
Maybe they had a hard time dealing with the final scene, where several people had been crucified and Eric Idle was leading them in singing 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life'.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe they had a hard time dealing with the final scene, where several people had been crucified and Eric Idle was leading them in singing 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life'.
There are videos on YouTube of the discussion that members of Monty Python had with the catholic clergy after the movie was released. It's quite an interesting debate. Full TV episode here:

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Watch movies, listen to music, crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Why are we hear? Tacos.

So many options. Flour or corn tortilla. Beans or no beans. Ground beef, chicken, turkey, carnitas, steak. Cheddar or a cheese blend. To guac or not to guac, that is the question. what type lettuce? To lettuce at all? Pico? Salsa? Spice level? Sour cream?

Tacos are a metaphor for our existence. So many choices to make. Each choice results in a truly unique experience. Those choices continue to impact you long after (Taco Bell??). Life is so much better when one takes the time to enjoy what is around. Explore, try different tacos. Some you won't like. Some you will love. Make someone else a taco so they can enjoy. Enjoy the happiness you get from someone else enjoying a taco.

Now, we just need the Choco Taco brought back. Then life is full again.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Why are we hear? Tacos.

So many options. Flour or corn tortilla. Beans or no beans. Ground beef, chicken, turkey, carnitas, steak. Cheddar or a cheese blend. To guac or not to guac, that is the question. what type lettuce? To lettuce at all? Pico? Salsa? Spice level? Sour cream?

Tacos are a metaphor for our existence. So many choices to make. Each choice results in a truly unique experience. Those choices continue to impact you long after (Taco Bell??). Life is so much better when one takes the time to enjoy what is around. Explore, try different tacos. Some you won't like. Some you will love. Make someone else a taco so they can enjoy. Enjoy the happiness you get from someone else enjoying a taco.

Now, we just need the Choco Taco brought back. Then life is full again.
That's a great analogy. Meat choice is the big deal for me. The places I go to tends to be because they make their meats well. Chile Verde, Al Pastor, things I am less likely to make at home. Good beans, good rice, good torts, they all make a difference. At home, it is usually chicken or steak with onions and avocado. You can put a lot of things on them and that's fun, but tacos don't need to be fancy to be good - same with life. The important thing about enjoying something is not so much in the complexity, cost or necessarily even maximum "quality" of ingredients (ground beef or ground turkey/chicken work just fine) to be enjoyed. We tend to make them pretty simple at home, but it is 100% fulfilling still. I guess the point there is learn to enjoy what you have.

Once in a while we make crunchy tacos - holy moly, the air fryer changed life with that. Throw the shells in for ~30sec and they are like, fresh. Once in a while I make fresh torts and while that takes time, it is always a treat.

Choco taco they already said is likely to return based on consumer feedback. Seems they are basically discontinuing things that don't sell as well to gauge whether or not there's a demand to keep them, creating artificial demand at the same time.

Lunch time lol, heading to the local taco spot :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That's a great analogy. Meat choice is the big deal for me. The places I go to tends to be because they make their meats well. Chile Verde, Al Pastor, things I am less likely to make at home. Good beans, good rice, good torts, they all make a difference. At home, it is usually chicken or steak with onions and avocado. You can put a lot of things on them and that's fun, but tacos don't need to be fancy to be good - same with life. The important thing about enjoying something is not so much in the complexity, cost or necessarily even maximum "quality" of ingredients (ground beef or ground turkey/chicken work just fine) to be enjoyed. We tend to make them pretty simple at home, but it is 100% fulfilling still. I guess the point there is learn to enjoy what you have.

Once in a while we make crunchy tacos - holy moly, the air fryer changed life with that. Throw the shells in for ~30sec and they are like, fresh. Once in a while I make fresh torts and while that takes time, it is always a treat.

Choco taco they already said is likely to return based on consumer feedback. Seems they are basically discontinuing things that don't sell as well to gauge whether or not there's a demand to keep them, creating artificial demand at the same time.

Lunch time lol, heading to the local taco spot :D
Crunchy tacos are the best

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis