Meaning of life, existence, etc.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I’ve got my ideas obviously, but I’d love to hear what you all think.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While I might have some idea, you're gonna have to be far more specific to capture all all our healtcare issues....

Personally am more a moment to moment, i.e in the now, person. Can't do anything about history, and influencing future history with the idiocy rampant today, have little hope for information for the upcoming idiots.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
He who dies with the most toys...
;)

Seriously, though... I'm not a religious man. I tend toward an existential view on the world. So not much in the way of meaning to me.
I have my own personal philosophy and ethical code I endeavor to live by. The short version: Be nice. Do no harm. Always do as I would have others do. Try to enjoy myself along the way.
:)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
My 2 cents after my experience.

There is purpose/greater consciousness of sorts. It was. It was bored / lonely. It created this vast universe to watch. If we were created in its image, I would posit not in a physical sense, but our souls. Our capacity for kindness, compassion, and love come from our creator. Maybe a bit of anger too if you want to take the Old Testament at face value :p

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I've been around long enough to have several. Take your pick.
  • Never wrestle with a turd. You always end up covered with sh!t, no matter if you win or lose.

• Be nice to everyone you meet on your way up. You never know who you run into on your way back down.

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• There's a right and a wrong way to do things. The wrong way is to tell every one else what the right way is.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
My 2 cents after my experience.

There is purpose/greater consciousness of sorts. It was. It was bored / lonely. It created this vast universe to watch. If we were created in its image, I would posit not in a physical sense, but our souls. Our capacity for kindness, compassion, and love come from our creator. Maybe a bit of anger too if you want to take the Old Testament at face value :p
Any meaning or purpose to our life is what we want it to be. We are sentient beings able to reflect about our own existence and mind along with our own developed “tools” to explore this. It’s amazing, really, compared to everything else living on this planet. That we’ve created this amazing civilization is, well, amazing.

Then we have @Alex2507 giving a new meaning to “leading a dog’s life” as a proof how wrong I am :p

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Rule #1- Don't be a d!ck
Rule #2- If possible, tech kids to avoid violating Rule #1
Rule #3- If people won't accept responsibility for their bad actions, force them to do that and tech them that they can't continue and remain free to roam about the cabin if the offenses are serious enough.

If someone can't do anything to change the things that bother them, they need to stop worrying about them- if they can find a way to change them for the better, they should.

People need to understand that words aren't violence- it's when violent actions that may be triggered that are the real problem.

People need to stop being so freaking sensitive to minute offenses and to stop looking for ways to be offended in everything they hear. The use of 'micro' in 'micro-aggression' should tell people how serious the aggression really is- not very.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Purpose of life = To Be Happy. :D

The difficult part for most people is achieving HAPPINESS.

So how do we achieve happiness? Has to be 2 ways: 1. Happiness with Self and 2. Happiness with those you love.

1. Happiness with Self via self-accomplishments = college degree, career, family, health, hobbies like Audio and Home Theater, etc.

2. Happiness with those you love = helping your family so they can be happy (college degree, career, health, hobbies like Audio and Home Theater, etc.).

You're happy with yourself and your love ones are happy, so everyone is happy. That's the purpose of life. :D

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I left out 'gratitude'. People need to be grateful for what they have, much more than they are. There's far too much "What's in it, for me?" and "I WANT MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!", even if they have more than they could possibly spend in a lifetime. They also need to stop stepping on people to get what they want.

Congress should stop the latter.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's all explained here:
View attachment 57196
The first year this movie was banned in Norway for blasphemy. Since then we’ve managed to clean up various laws, including the Constitution, to mostly get rid of Christian religious oppression.

Norway is and was anti-papist , but the upside of that is that didn’t have a horde of Catholic priests raping children.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The first year this movie was banned in Norway for blasphemy. Since then we’ve managed to clean up various laws, including the Constitution, to mostly get rid of Christian religious oppression.

Norway is and was anti-papist , but the upside of that is that didn’t have a horde of Catholic priests raping children.
I think Monty Python had even bigger problems with Life of Brian. They understood how important it is to be able to laugh at yourself.

The history of the Catholic Church could have been very different if they had simply allowed priests to marry and have families.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think Monty Python had even bigger problems with Life of Brian. They understood how important it is to be able to laugh at yourself.

The history of the Catholic Church could have been very different if they had simply allowed priests to marry and have families.
I had a brain fart when writing that post. I meant Life of Brian.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's not how you go about controlling the will of the people. Had they done that, christianity would've just been another silly cult.
:oops:

What am I saying.
:confused:

Oh ya. It is just another silly cult!
Spit Take GIF - Spit Take Wtf - Discover & Share GIFs
:p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Treat people how you want to be treated.
Try to leave a place a little better than you found it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis