McDonalds lost me for good.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
...People have all these weird emotional hangups.....about what they're actually putting in their mouths.
Just for the record.
Neither Adam, Alex, or Doug, share any of the afore mentioned hangups.

:D;)

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

The only FF joints I hit are Subway and occasionally Dairy Queen (that is measured in 1/2 years for DQ).

McD's
BKing
Wendys
RB's

Are verboten. It ain't food:D

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
That "ain't food" thing pisses me off too.

There's nothing in a McDonald's burger that's not in one you make at home.

jinjuku

jinjuku

That big grin does mean I'm having some light hearted fun. Last time I ate a McDees cheeseburger I think I drank 1/2 gallon of water. Man I was thirsty all day.

I'm pretty sure I don't put 730mg of salt in my burger. FYI: 730mg (30% RDV) isn't a 'pinch'.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
That big grin does mean I'm having some light hearted fun. Last time I ate a McDees cheeseburger I think I drank 1/2 gallon of water. Man I was thirsty all day.

I'm pretty sure I don't put 730mg of salt in my burger. FYI: 730mg (30% RDV) isn't a 'pinch'.

A regular hamburger patty has 125 mg of sodium. The quarter pound patty has 180 mg.

The rest of the sodium is in the cheese, bun, pickles and ketchup.

For comparison, a slice of Kraft American cheese has 200 mg and regular sharp cheddar has about 190 mg per ounce. A regular small hamburger bun from the grocery has 220 mg and a larger deli roll has 350-400.

So a plain cheeseburger from McDonald's (no ketchup or pickles) has 590 mg of sodium. If you had one at home with a slice of Kraft Singles and a regular bun, you're looking at 325 mg of sodium before the patty - at McDonald's it's 470.

It's not that big a difference versus homemade.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, and by the way - a smokehouse turkey panini at Panera has 1740 mg of sodium. A smoked turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread has 1620 mg. A baguette has 370 mg.

A Trader Joe's honey wheat hamburger bun has 370 mg.

Oh, and a 6" cold cut combo from Subway has 1140 mg of sodium.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Oh, and by the way - a smokehouse turkey panini at Panera has 1740 mg of sodium. A smoked turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread has 1620 mg. A baguette has 370 mg.

A Trader Joe's honey wheat hamburger bun has 370 mg.

Oh, and a 6" cold cut combo from Subway has 1140 mg of sodium.
Yowza... Man I am taken aback by Panera's #'s. That is just shocking. As a family we tend to avoid fast food as a whole. When going back to Akron from Louisville I pack a picnic lunch and we take a break at a park.

I was just looking at Tacobells sight: check out the XXL Grilled Stuffed burrito 2040mg sodium.

When I dropped our daughter off for day care there was a kid there having a McGriddle and Coke for breakfast. We had banana/blueberry oatmeal.

You have me dead to rights on the whole cheeseburger at home thing.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Taking a look at Panera's nutrition guide totally floored me the first time I saw it. For the most part, getting a meal there gives you more calories, more sodium, and more fat than a typical meal at McDonald's.

By the way, I wasn't trying to attack you or anything. I get a little defensive about McDonald's, especially when people talk about other options like Subway or Panera or whatever as somehow 'better.' It's not personal.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

I don't normally leave my food under a heat lamp for 15 minutes before I eat it.
I've worked at a Mcy D's, & will never eat there.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Taking a look at Panera's nutrition guide totally floored me the first time I saw it. For the most part, getting a meal there gives you more calories, more sodium, and more fat than a typical meal at McDonald's.

By the way, I wasn't trying to attack you or anything. I get a little defensive about McDonald's, especially when people talk about other options like Subway or Panera or whatever as somehow 'better.' It's not personal.
I know it wasn't personal. You're right to point out the obvious absurdity in that.

We even try to avoid Deli cuts. Sundays is an ongoing food prep. I baked two chickens last Sunday and that becomes lunch meat and two dinners for the week.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't normally leave my food under a heat lamp for 15 minutes before I eat it.
Then you should know not to eat ANY fast food then, because they are all the same :)

Calories are one thing, but really, if you are physically pretty healthy and active, you can eat pretty much anything. The better you eat though, the better you will remain. It isn't like vegans or vegetarians don't get sick or get diseases or something.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I can't remember the last time I got some fast food that was already made before I ordered, besides fries. Even the cheap basic stuff at places like McDonald's and Wendy's isn't made til I order it. The only places I see heat lamps are over the fries - and the fries never sit there for more than a couple of minutes anyway. Or maybe chicken nuggets or something.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
The sausage mcgriddle is probably powdered in crack, it's so freaking good. If you're going to a fast food place thinking "I'm making a healthy decision" you should go to the nut house.

Everyone goes to McDonalds for those shitty onions they put on their burgers, which are also most likely crack. The one single pickle they put on a cheeseburger, and the feeling of needing to poop afterwards. I love Mcdonalds....

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The sausage mcgriddle is probably powdered in crack, it's so freaking good.
I tried it and hated it. I've never done it, but I imagine that is what chewing on an old sock would be like.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I tried it and hated it. I've never done it, but I imagine that is what chewing on an old sock would be like.
Did you forget to take your medication today!? It's God's gift to my mouth and Satan's gift to my small intestine.

You gotta get that f***er with cheese. Holy hell.

Oh yeah...then you ask for extra syrup and dip it in the syrup and ketchup....

MMMMMM...someone get me a towel.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I hate all this "pink goo" nonsense. The stuff is meat. People have all these weird emotional hangups about what goes into the food they eat without understanding what they're actually putting in their mouths.
Technically, pink slime is meat. Meat treated with tasty ammonia.

I would be the one that pisses you off.

Do you work for McDonalds? No, I'm not calling you a shill, just curious because of your strong feelings and knowledge you have of their food.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I just picked out McDonald's because they're the ones that always get mentioned in the "fast food is terrible" conversation.

I know a lot about a lot of random things.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis