McDonalds lost me for good.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I've not eaten their burgers or most stuff for years.

The ONLY reason I would ever set foot in one of them was for one item only: I Loved their Sausage Egg McMuffin. Well, make that two. The potato patty was good and went well with that. I couldn't start a long driving trip without them. That crunchy muffin surrounding what passed for an egg with a sausage patty and a slice of cheese just made my day.

But, last week we drove 10 hours to Ohio and, in the normal course of things, I stopped by my local Micky Dees for my usual road breakfast repast, got on the road and when I finally hit the interstate. I unwrapped my beloved McMuffin and took my first bite expecting my crunchy treat.

Bleagh!!! The muffin was now a thick, doughy, pasty, soft piece of bread with barely a crust that barely bore a resemblance to the muffin they had used the last time (and for years before) without change. At least the potatoe patty was still good but I ain't going there just for that.

If this is their idea of progress, well, it's been nice knowing ya. It may be cheaper or easier for them but some things simply shouldn't be changed. English muffins are one of them. So much for a long road trip institution.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like they mistakenly gave it to you on a biscuit instead of the toasted muffin.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Seriously there are a lot better options than Micky Dee's for breakfast IMO. That being said you should always check your order before you leave the parking lot. Remember the people that work at fast food restaurants normally don't do so by choice.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like they mistakenly gave it to you on a biscuit instead of the toasted muffin.
I would think Mark's much better half with that big smile she has would have clued him in.:)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
DBT has proven the English Muffin is far superior to the lowly biscuit.:p

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I would think Mark's much better half with that big smile she has would have clued him in.:)
That's a negative ghost rider.
She loves nothing more than to sit back with her iPad and stuff from Dunkin Doughnuts, while Mark curses at his egg McMuffin. :D

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah the muffins haven't changed. They gave you the biscuit instead by accident.

I do like their sausage biscuits though. I can understand you didn't like it because it wasn't what you were expecting or used to, but I'd encourage you to try one again knowing it's not the muffin to give it a fair shake.

I can't figure out why the Egg McMuffin gets a real, fresh egg, while the rest of their sandwiches get a processed liquid egg substitute.

Biscuit:

McMuffin:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like the Sausage Biscuit with egg better than the McMuffin.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The only breakfast item I get at McDonald's is the Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit. But I always tear the egg in half. It's too thick.

And what's the deal with the tiny *** milk's they serve!?!? I always have to buy 2. Now that I think about it, that's probably exactly why. :mad:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, that biscuit sure looks familiar. I'll try a McMuffin again tomorrow and report back.

V

Volta

Audioholic Intern
The Mcmuffins are crunchy? That just seems weird, although if it's toasted then makes perfect sense. Personally I go for the sausage egg biscuit.

It is also my ritual to go there right before I hit the road on a long trip. Even if flying, I usually hit up a mcdonalds before hand. Now if only they would serve breakfast past 1030 am.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
The McMuffins are just regular toasted english muffins with one fresh fried egg, a slice of ham, and some cheese.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
What, know has read or heard about the supposed "pink crap" McD's puts in there food? Pink goo

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I hate all this "pink goo" nonsense. The stuff is meat. People have all these weird emotional hangups about what goes into the food they eat without understanding what they're actually putting in their mouths.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis