Matching Amp with new speakers

P

Ponzone99

Audiophyte
I am looking for new speakers and like RBH’s SV661 and SV661C but noticed they are 6 Ohms and my amp (Emotiva XPA Gen 3) is 8 Ohms. Is this compatible or do I need to select different speakers. I know that RBH SV61 are 8 Ohms but the SV 661C is still 6 Ohms. I am not sure if any of these choices work. Any recommendations?

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I am looking for new speakers and like RBH’s SV661 and SV661C but noticed they are 6 Ohms and my amp (Emotiva XPA Gen 3) is 8 Ohms. Is this compatible or do I need to select different speakers. I know that RBH SV61 are 8 Ohms but the SV 661C is still 6 Ohms. I am not sure if any of these choices work. Any recommendations?
I applaud you for asking a question like this BEFORE you plug something in and attempt a smoke test.
Lovinthehd is correct, you should be fine because the Emotiva can handle it.
I had a similar situation when I bought my new speakers and did buy a newer, larger AVR to handle the lighter load. Always nice to check first and avoid a bad situation.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The SV661 have a sensitive of 90dB/2.83v/m and can handle up to 200W. So pretty much any 100W amp will do. Even the 100wpc AVR will do fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis